Flat Iron Recommendations/Questions - post all here

calliestar

So I am in DIRE need of a new straightening iron...mine is old and rather ineffective. it also pulls slightly. I recently tried out a chi straightener and I thought it was awesome, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to shell out that much for a straightener. Does anyone know of any cheaper brands that compare at all? I definately want a ceramic one. Would buying a Chi off of ebay be the best choice, or are there other (cheaper) brands that compare? If anyone has any advice, I'd LOVE to hear it!

ben

np ceramic hair straightener

i've been using this tool for about a year and a half and i have not had any problems. i like it better than the chi iron as it is a little heavier, and has 5 temperature settings.

np_flat_iron.jpg

NP Ceramic Hair Straightener is a versatile hair styling iron with the most advanced ceramic technology. It radiates far infrared ray from ceramic to create shiny silky hair. Have hair straight, make hair smooth, give hair curls, flip it, twirl it, or make it shine, just in a Flash.

ashyyxface

The one I have is really good, but I don't know what it's called, sorry. It's sort of like the one ben posted, though.

Also, I heard the Chi doesn't work as well after a few months of using it.

so_siqqq

Yup, Chi flat irons are known to break after a while.

I use Babyliss Pro Ceramic Hair Iron . It's about $90, various temprarture settings, and it has a 2 1/2 inch plate. I like this best so far and I've had for more than 1 1/2 years. I don't buy hair tools on ebay. I buy most of my hair tools off on www.folica.com. They're really reliable and have good customer service. I never had an issue with them. But I planning on purchasing a Sedu flat iron soon too.

calliestar

Thanks for all the responses! I have a lot more research to do now...lol.

QUESTION - Have any of you ever used the generic value product brand straightener that is supposed to compare to Chi? It's still 70 bucks, but I have a family member who gets a discount at Sally's.

bellaetoile

i've had two CHIs. a turbo 3/4" (i think it was 3/4") and my normal 1". i sold the turbo to my friend because it was a tad too small for my long hair. still, both CHIs have been running flawlessly for over two years with NO problems, and a LOT of use, incuding several drops onto the ceramic bathroom floor. i LOVE mine. i'm in the market for a new one, though, because i want a thicker one. thinking about either the torumaline t3 wet dry thing, or the sedu, both of which ive heard are excellent. its worth the extra money to buy one that works well. i had a cheap vidal sassoon one, for travel only, and it broke withint 4 months, with hardly any usage. so not worth it.

queenofdisaster

i use one called j'ilbere or something like that from sally beauty supply, it was only $40 and it works amazingly.. i have very thick, coarse hair and it just glides right thru and leaves it real silky

ballerino

my advice ppl: dont buy anything other than GHD professional ceramic styling irons, it produces the healthiest kind of heat that seals the cuticle...Ive been thru 3 different no name straighteners which originally gave me fab results, but later proved to just damage the hair...GHD's are WELL worth every penny, and ill never have to buy another BURNT OUT iron again...

BeBeFinness

alright, well if u buy a cheaper hair styler thing for 40 dollars...and it breaks in 4 months, is not as good for your hair, takes longer(how much is ur time worth??) and blah blah blah...buy a new one after each one breaks...in 1 year u will have paid 120$...so why not just buy a good one for 90
drinkup.gif

girlstar

I have a Rusk.. (2 ½" CERAMIC Str8 IRON) .. and I *love* it.
eyelove.gif

http://www.rusk1.com/products/engine...flat-irons.asp

It straightens like a DREAM. My friends who straighten their hair love to use it.. it straightens so quickly. And people are always like "omg, your hair is SO straight!!"
greengrin.gif
I love the fact that it's so big because I always have a habit of getting little creases in my hair when I use the 1" ones.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedbaby
T3 Tourmaline.... omg I can't say how much I love mine!!

AAHHH I LOVE THIS IRON!!! If you have longer hair, Get a wider plate, the one inch ones dont straighten long hair as well as say. the 2 or 2.5 inch ones..

Be prepaired to spend a pretty Penny though!

ExquisiteImages

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBeFinness
alright, well if u buy a cheaper hair styler thing for 40 dollars...and it breaks in 4 months, is not as good for your hair, takes longer(how much is ur time worth??) and blah blah blah...buy a new one after each one breaks...in 1 year u will have paid 120$...so why not just buy a good one for 90
drinkup.gif

I agree. I bought 4 flat irons within one year not wanting to spend a lot of money. They all didn't work as great and two of them just broke. Then I thought to myself I rather invest in one good one so it'll last long and for one that works really good for my hair
smiles.gif

sewpunk

I have a Wigo. 1" w/ 12 heat settings I got at Ulta for 40 bucks. I love it so much I bought a 2nd one to keep at work/gym. It has a 90 second heatup.

CincyFan

I have a 1 inch FHI I got on ebay. I've had it for 2 years now and it still works perfectly. It's the same iron that everyone at the salon I go to uses. Mine has a variable heat setting too.

melly_x

GHD's!! I will never use anything else. Its pricey but I would pay for them over and over because theyre sooo amazing
smiles.gif

Latest posts