Black Radiance blushes

makeuptianna

I'm loooking for that "Soft Honey" one! I did get the rest of them. I like the bronzer but it didnt really show up to great on me. I guess I might have to rub alittle harder.

La Dolce Diva

Never used the blush before, but the Mosaic Bronzer is THE BOMB!!!!! It's perfect on the apples of the cheeks for a soft glow!

bediva33

I knew it! They're being discontinued!
ssad.gif
I'm gonna see what I can find on ebay. I picked up one of the new baked blushes in Toasted Almond. I wore it once or twice and it's okay. Not the same as the old blushes though. They were out of the warm berry that day. The only one left was cracked. I'm gonna go back and get it when they restock.

she

i feel so simple for not having scoured for these sooner! i took BR's blushes for granted.

i picked up toasted almond, which i will mostly use as a highlight and plan to go back for warm berry (i'm also wondering about the pigmentation).

i picked up two of the baked shadows, silver frosting and pink parfait. i really like silver frosting, it's a shade i have been looking for and i found they both go on really smooth- like veluxe pearl.

but the bronzer i purchased was the standout! i chose rum raisin and am excited to wear it this winter- i think it adds a warm glow, especially if you have an NW complexion. looking forward to trying some of their other shades out as well.

meika79

I always see them at the rite aids and pathmark in my area but the ones I'm interested in are usually broken. I thought it was just some jerk breaking them but after reading I guess that's just what they do.

bediva33

I picked up the warm berry yesterday. It looks so pretty in the compact. I can't wait to try it out. I also picked up a Spiced Ginger and Plum Sorbet while I was in the grocery store. Gonna try to stock up. No Soft Honey or Ruby Treasure in sight though. They changed the display to only accomodate the other two.

she

i worked with the toasted almond blush today and applied it wet using fix+ and it came out a lot more pigmented than when i applied it dry- i will get more use out of it this way.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I was able to find Plum Sorbet at my local Kroger (grocery store) as my Walmart was out of nearly everything but a few of the pressed powders. I also got the Mosaic Bronzer in Golden Shimmer while I was at it. And being the freak that I am, I did a image search on MUA for "black radiance" and found this previously unmentioned gem Chocolate Truffle (the hot link is actually an ebay listing for the blush, but the MUA pic was far more flattering). Apparently this shade was d/c in 2007, but I found a listing on ebay, however if you just go to the sellers online store, rather than it's ebay auction you can get it for $1 cheaper making the grand total $5.49 including S&H. Ladies get on it! There were only 10 available on the auction and I just bought one so...

Twinkle_Twinkle

I received Chocolate Truffle in the mail today! I've never seen a blush this dark of a warm brown before. It's what I thought Fashion Fair's Chocolate Chip would be but isn't (it leans red). It's a satiny chocolate brown with subtle shimmer. If Metal Rock were a blush and not a MSF it would look like CT. I'll try and take a comparison pics soon.

lilchocolatema

I own one and when I swatched it, it stained my finger! I haven't put it on my face yet. Mind you, I bought it a few years ago! lol

Prototype83

I have then all (except CT) and I have 2 backups of Soft Honey. I'm not sure about the old ones being discontinued altogether...I think they're just being repackaged. Some of the Wal-Mart and CVS stores in my area still have them, they just look a little different (they're pressed differently I guess?).

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototype83
I have then all (except CT) and I have 2 backups of Soft Honey. I'm not sure about the old ones being discontinued altogether...I think they're just being repackaged. Some of the Wal-Mart and CVS stores in my area still have them, they just look a little different (they're pressed differently I guess?).

There is another older d/c blush called Wild Cherry that I found a picture of online. Can't find it anywhere though. I think the traditional powder blushes may be discontinued and perhaps some displays haven't been updated yet. There are no more of the powder blushes at my Walmart now, but the one of the new bronzers is there. Rum Spice. I picked it up and it has really large sparkles. Don't know how I feel about it.

Curly1908

I've had the Mosaic Bronzer for like 3 years now, and I don't think I'd tried it until today. I like!!!

DILLIGAF

I was in a local CVS looking for toothpaste of all things and I took a spin past the make up wall and there they had plenty of Black Radiance blushes in the colors : Plum Sorbet and Spiced Ginger. I grabbed two of each. (I got a set for my sister) I used Plum Sorbet this weekend when I went to a baby shower. Talk about pigmented!!! You have to use a very very light hand. I wish I had known about these blushes earlier.

macgirl3121

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF
I was in a local CVS looking for toothpaste of all things and I took a spin past the make up wall and there they had plenty of Black Radiance blushes in the colors : Plum Sorbet and Spiced Ginger. I grabbed two of each. (I got a set for my sister) I used Plum Sorbet this weekend when I went to a baby shower. Talk about pigmented!!! You have to use a very very light hand. I wish I had known about these blushes earlier.

I came in here to post about CVS. I was at a CVS today that was located in a slightly more "urban" area than the ones where I live and I found several Spiced Ginger and Plum Sorbet as well. The 2 CVS stores near my house do not have any Black Radiance at all. I'm going to hit a few more this week to see what they have. Every Walgreens I have been too in my area has the artisan baked blushes. I wish I had known sooner too but at least I have a few now. I did just score Soft Honey off eBay as well.
choochoo.gif

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgirl3121
I did just score Soft Honey off eBay as well.
choochoo.gif

Ha! that was YOU! I gave up once it got over 5, LOL. I just couldn't let myself pay over retail, but good going, girl!
yes.gif

bediva33

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgirl3121
I came in here to post about CVS. I was at a CVS today that was located in a slightly more "urban" area than the ones where I live and I found several Spiced Ginger and Plum Sorbet as well. The 2 CVS stores near my house do not have any Black Radiance at all. I'm going to hit a few more this week to see what they have. Every Walgreens I have been too in my area has the artisan baked blushes. I wish I had known sooner too but at least I have a few now. I did just score Soft Honey off eBay as well.
choochoo.gif

So it was you that outbid me at the last minute! I knew it had to be someone on this board. LOL I had found one a few days prior and when it arrived it was broken to bits. I thought I had hit the jackpot finding another on ebay so quick.

macgirl3121

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
Ha! that was YOU! I gave up once it got over 5, LOL. I just couldn't let myself pay over retail, but good going, girl!
yes.gif

Are we ladies on Specktra this predictable? Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bediva33
So it was you that outbid me at the last minute! I knew it had to be someone on this board. LOL I had found one a few days prior and when it arrived it was broken to bits. I thought I had hit the jackpot finding another on ebay so quick.

Awww, I'm sorry. The auction was over at something like 3:45 am where I am on the west coast. I just plugged in a max bid and 12:30 am and went to sleep. If I see one on my CVS field trips I'll be more than glad to snag you one.

she

i am going to threadjack to add this:

you ladies are all sick! your obsessions are "oprah winfrey whole segment for real"

and i love you for it
true.gif

PS- i am traveling this upcoming week & i will be going to the CVS stores in "urban" areas on the prowl. i'll also try to go through my mom's old blush collection because i KNOW she has some of these gems mentioned. i have no clue why i slept on these.

Latest posts