2 questions in 1! please help! [pussycat dolls; face makeup application order]

kitten

hello everybody! i hope you aren't snowed in by a foot deep as a bunch of us are in this wintery month...i am, and in the meantime i've been having curiosities about a couple of things.

first - has anybody ever watched pussycat dolls or girlicious (the reality shows)? ever noticed how AMAZING everybody's makeup is? i pretty much only watch the show for the fashion and makeup. anyway...i was wondering if anybody has any information on how to achieve some of the looks on the show, or anybody who can link me to a site with information on this. i'd love to be able to do those sexy looks on myself! they are totally my style.

second, and last - does anybody know how the correct order of face makeup application goes? say i used the following items (which i own): dove moisturizer with spf, cover girl concealer, bare escentuals mineral foundation, mac blush and or nars bronzer, then eye makeup. or am i missing something in the procedure? or am i missing/in need of modifying product? can anybody help? i just wanted to perfect my regime
smiles.gif
because you gals are all way more makeup savvy than i am, from what i read on a daily basis.

any type of answer would be appreciated times a million!

big ups from toronto <3

mariecinder

I love the Pussycat Doll make up too. Its the only reason I watch those shows.

As for order of application, it really just depends on what works best for you. Some do their eyes before face, others do their whole face then the eyes. Find what works best for you and what you're most comfortable with!

Honey B. Fly

on Girlicious it looks like they go for false lashes and black liquid liner, smokey shadows like black, grey, and white or brown, gold, beige combos, peach blush and warm bronzer.. red lips or glossy nude lips

kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariecinder
I love the Pussycat Doll make up too. Its the only reason I watch those shows.

As for order of application, it really just depends on what works best for you. Some do their eyes before face, others do their whole face then the eyes. Find what works best for you and what you're most comfortable with!

thank you, but perhaps i wasn't being clear enough.
i mainly need to know in what order do i place foundation, concealer, etc. i just want to know if there is a correct way to do so. i usually do my eyes after my face, and then blush last. i know for sure that the order is completely subjective for those.

kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey B. Fly
on Girlicious it looks like they go for false lashes and black liquid liner, smokey shadows like black, grey, and white or brown, gold, beige combos, peach blush and warm bronzer.. red lips or glossy nude lips

oooh thanks!
those combos just look so good!
any idea of what exact brands they use?

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten
thank you, but perhaps i wasn't being clear enough.
i mainly need to know in what order do i place foundation, concealer, etc. i just want to know if there is a correct way to do so. i usually do my eyes after my face, and then blush last. i know for sure that the order is completely subjective for those.

If your concealer isn't too much lighter than your foundation I'd do the concealer second and blend it out well. If its really light after you put it on over the foundation I'd do it the other way around. I find my concealer works better if i put it on second you just have to be careful that it doesn't make you too pale if you are using a lot of it. A light dusting of powder over it evens it out more, but it can be too heavy for all times to wear IMO.

Trista

I always do my eye makeup first because of eyeshadow fallout. When I do eyemakeup I apply loose powder under my eyes if in case any falls down under my eye area. When I finish my eye makeup application I just dust the loose powder off.
After eye makeup I use a foundation primer, then foundation ( I use tinted moisturizer though), then concealer on my blemishes and under eye circles, then loose powder and then I apply contour color on my cheeks and temples and then use my blusher. Lips I do last. HTH!

kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trista
I always do my eye makeup first because of eyeshadow fallout. When I do eyemakeup I apply loose powder under my eyes if in case any falls down under my eye area. When I finish my eye makeup application I just dust the loose powder off.
After eye makeup I use a foundation primer, then foundation ( I use tinted moisturizer though), then concealer on my blemishes and under eye circles, then loose powder and then I apply contour color on my cheeks and temples and then use my blusher. Lips I do last. HTH!

wow! thank you very much! i will try that today and check the results.

kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
If your concealer isn't too much lighter than your foundation I'd do the concealer second and blend it out well. If its really light after you put it on over the foundation I'd do it the other way around. I find my concealer works better if i put it on second you just have to be careful that it doesn't make you too pale if you are using a lot of it. A light dusting of powder over it evens it out more, but it can be too heavy for all times to wear IMO.

thank you, i will try that as well.

elegant-one

I agree, I think the makeup always looks so hot! - the only reason I watch too. I'm looking forward to any more input on makeup recs too or FOTD that would show some.
TIA

I personally do my concealer first so it doesn't sit on top of my face makeup, then eye makeup, then face, then lips

Shimmer

They just did a color story with Smashbox, so I would suspect many of their products are Smashbox.

kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
They just did a color story with Smashbox, so I would suspect many of their products are Smashbox.

ooh thank you! smashbox rules. wish it was slightly cheaper though. do you have info on said colorstory?

btw, i tried putting concealer on top of my mineral foundation today, and it worked out pretty nicely. thanks for the advice to anyone that provided it!

user79

Just think of this "rule": cream to cream, powder to powder. So you want to apply all your emollient products on top of each other, and then all the powder products on top of each other. This prevents streaking and allows you to blend easily.

What I usually do is apply moisturizer - foundation - concealer - cream blush (if I choose to wear that) - then setting powder - powder blush on top

That way you've grouped all your creamy products together, and all the powdery ones. If you wear mineral foundation, that would be a powder product, so you'd apply that after all the creamy products.

As for bronzer, it doesn't really matter, some people like to apply it after blush, and some apply it before and use it more for contouring. I usually apply bronzer (if I even wear any), then blush. Also, some poeple like to apply concealer before their foundation, especially if you are using corrective colors like green tones to balance out reddish spots. If you use a face primer, you'd apply that with the emollient products beneath the foundation.The tricky one is cream blush, because some people apply that last but then you have to blend it really well because it has a tendency to streak and apply unevenly on top of powder products.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten
ooh thank you! smashbox rules. wish it was slightly cheaper though. do you have info on said colorstory?

btw, i tried putting concealer on top of my mineral foundation today, and it worked out pretty nicely. thanks for the advice to anyone that provided it!

It's a naughty/nice runway inspired set, I have the PCD lipgloss in Pout and if you like the burlesque baby doll pinks...it's PERFECT.
smiles.gif

kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Just think of this "rule": cream to cream, powder to powder. So you want to apply all your emollient products on top of each other, and then all the powder products on top of each other. This prevents streaking and allows you to blend easily.

What I usually do is apply moisturizer - foundation - concealer - cream blush (if I choose to wear that) - then setting powder - powder blush on top

That way you've grouped all your creamy products together, and all the powdery ones. If you wear mineral foundation, that would be a powder product, so you'd apply that after all the creamy products.

As for bronzer, it doesn't really matter, some people like to apply it after blush, and some apply it before and use it more for contouring. I usually apply bronzer (if I even wear any), then blush. Also, some poeple like to apply concealer before their foundation, especially if you are using corrective colors like green tones to balance out reddish spots. If you use a face primer, you'd apply that with the emollient products beneath the foundation.The tricky one is cream blush, because some people apply that last but then you have to blend it really well because it has a tendency to streak and apply unevenly on top of powder products.

wow, that is GREAT advice! thank you soo much.
you know, i learn a lot from this site.
i thought i was good at doing makeup before, but after this site, i've been getting tons of complements. even from MAC MA's
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif

jdepp_84

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210

Great tip!

contrabassoon

Girlicious= <3

I noticed that smokey eyes are the look that they do most often. Or a lighter eyeshadow on the lid and a darker shadow on the outer corners and crease, usually silvers, golds, and peachy colours. There's some gorgeous looks on that show!