8 Nars Blushes

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
They are more pigmented and have a great texture. They are more expensive though - $25. But worth it, especially some of the more unique colors.

I totally agree! The price is a bit steeper (sp?) but the quality of the product justifies that. The are sooo pigmented and silky that they are a pleasure to use. The colors that they offer are also unique to me. I don't have MAC blushes that are similar to anything I have by NARS.

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by na_pink
how does Sin look on you ? How does it show ?

It's a subtle shimmery mid-tone pink. I wear it to work, out shopping - anywhere, and it doesn't look OTT.

cocodivatime

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocodivatime
Why do you all say NARS blush is better than MAC? Now I wanna try them? How much are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
They are more pigmented and have a great texture. They are more expensive though - $25. But worth it, especially some of the more unique colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I totally agree! The price is a bit steeper (sp?) but the quality of the product justifies that. The are sooo pigmented and silky that they are a pleasure to use. The colors that they offer are also unique to me. I don't have MAC blushes that are similar to anything I have by NARS.

I went yesterday and bought my first NARS blush. I pulled up NARS on youtube and found a review on it and got really extra pumped to try it. I bought Taj Mahal.

I wore it today and fell in love. Its very pretty. Its definitly not a color that you can wear with everything (in my opinion). I plan to buy a pink one and also to get the Albatross highlighter. I think those will be enough to get me started. LOL.

I wore taj mahal with a few MAC brown and bronzy eyeshadows. I really love how it pulled together a warm look. i can't wait to try a cool blush
th_DANCE.gif

chocolategoddes

I wish there was more information on NARS outside Specktra and the Nars/Sephorah websites. I know this is off-topic but are there any NARS-themed blogs or websites (for WoC would be a plus) you guys know of?
As far as blushes go, I'm sure I'll get Taj Mahal and Exhibit A. I feel like I could find MAC dupes for the others, even though I could be wrong...

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
I wish there was more information on NARS outside Specktra and the Nars/Sephorah websites. I know this is off-topic but are there any NARS-themed blogs or websites (for WoC would be a plus) you guys know of?
As far as blushes go, I'm sure I'll get Taj Mahal and Exhibit A. I feel like I could find MAC dupes for the others, even though I could be wrong...

Mounia is similar to Breezy, really and truly, that may be the only dupe you are going to find, but I may be mistaken because I can only speak for the range of MAC shades and NARS shades that I am familiar with. And the new Love Joy Mineralize blush does look like NARS' Lovejoy. There might be some others, but really, the NARS equivalents are better, it's really hard to explain that if you've not used them.

And I don't know of any NARS blogs, but I have seen member's collections that look like NARS [nearly] exclusively. Those individuals in turn might have a makeup blog. Good luck finding one though.

na_pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by captodometer
I currently own Mounia and Taj Mahal and will be keeping them
winks.gif
I had Sin, Lovejoy, Gina, Deep Throat and Orgasm but swapped them away because they really didn't show up on me. Crazed was a little too pink for my skintone.

I am NC50. I have a thread in the swatch forum with some MAC and NARS blush comparisons.

http://specktra.net/f217/nc50-lipsti...0/#post1136259

yeh i have seen your posts , but your skin looked really light compared to mine so it would not have been accurate for me

DivineFemme

I have about a dozen Nars blushes, but I'll list my 8 faves.
smiles.gif
I'm NC37.

- Exhibit A
- Sin (wish it were a bit darker, though)
- Torrid
- Taos
- Orgasm (have to layer it over a cream blush, but it gives me such a pretty glow)
- Sertao
- Constantinople (cream)
- Gueule de Nuit (cream, this one is quickly becoming my fave!)

DivineFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocodivatime
Why do you all say NARS blush is better than MAC? Now I wanna try them? How much are they?

I have 3 MAC blushes- Otherworldly (from Moonbathe), X-Rocks, and Sunbasque, and they're all pretty but I have to reapply them ALL.DAY.LONG.

Seriously, I might reapply them 6x in one day. They just don't last on me.

Now, my Nars blushes...I do my m/u typically around 9am, and wash it off around midnight. I only have to reapply the very light ones that I have- Orgasm and Sin. All of my others last all day!

And a silly reason- I like that the packaging for Nars is so slim. My entire stash fits in a traincase, and I have about 12 Nars blushes. I couldn't fit that many MACs...no way!
tong.gif

Nars blushes are $25.

panda0410

I have 4 of them ~

Lovejoy
Mounia
Oasis
Taos

I ADORE NARS blushes - these are sooooo much better than MAC and after I got my first NARS blush I gave my Emote and Ablaze blushes to a freind. The quality and pigmentation of the NARS blushes are superior to MAC and I love the mulitdimensional effect of layering. My MAC blushes were awful by comparison and I wont buy another MAC blush now ever...LOL!

na_pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuiran
I'm an NC20 I have 6 of them ~
Exhibit A
Taj Mahal
Orgasm
Luster
Desire
Mata Hari

wooohooo someone that likes the bright pinks . Oh but you're NC20 lol

yoflynn2000

I am a Nw43 and sometimes a NC50.. what blushes would compliment my skintone..I want to try some of the Nars blushes.. I have been hearing so many things about them

na_pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoflynn2000
I am a Nw43 and sometimes a NC50.. what blushes would compliment my skintone..I want to try some of the Nars blushes.. I have been hearing so many things about them

I've been reading that Taj Mahal, Exhibit A, Crazed , Cactus Flower and I think Mounia/Outlaw and Torrid are wonderful for Women of colour

Also some women like LoveJoy, Gina , Gilda and Silvana . There is a new blush called Dolce Vita that looks pretty too .. i want to add that to my list. You should check out the website, their swatches seem pretty accurate

makeba

come on someone has got to post a swatch of their nars blushes please!! i would like to see how it works on darker skin tones!!

gitts

I am about travel to the United States and would like buy some nars blushes so I am happy that I found this thread. Which ones should I get? I am NW50 and I have MAC format, sweet as cocoa, dollymix, trace gold, Rraizin, blunt as well as electric coral and acid orange pigments. I look forward to your replies.

na_pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitts
I am about travel to the United States and would like buy some nars blushes so I am happy that I found this thread. Which ones should I get? I am NW50 and I have MAC format, sweet as cocoa, dollymix, trace gold, Rraizin, blunt as well as electric coral and acid orange pigments. I look forward to your replies.

You're lucky you get to go to the States, i think it would be better for you to go to Sephora and actually try them on and decide which ones you like

na_pink

I was recommended Dolce Vita by cre8 , I like it but I would like to see more swatches of it first.