A MAC store to avoid

pinktraits

Ugh, dealing with this location has been hell.
I went to the MAC store in the Southcenter Mall (Tukwilla, WA) as it's the nearest MAC store tome right now (I miss CA.
ssad.gif
) . I was in there to buy a few things and the SA mentioned they were taking pre-orders for the Red She Said line so I got all giddy and pre-ordered Date Night and Inter-view. This is obviously where I went all wrong.
I asked the price for DN and was told 16.50, that didn't sound right to me so I asked her to verify, she went to the back and soon came back out nodding, saying it was indeed the price. Wrote that price down and made up a recipt of my order.
I was also informed the cost wouldn't come off my card until the 23rd, which worked for me as that gave me enough time to earn up some side money and put it in my account.
On the 21st I check my balance and it says overdrawn. Fantastic. I go through my history with the worry that MAC had indeed had the cost go through early, and, what doyaknow, they did. So I call in and all they say is "Oh, sorry, she's new", that's it. So I have to borrow money and go deal with a very annoyed bank (my account is flagged for overdraws because of identity theft a couple years back, still affecting me to this day, awesome), pay a ridiculous overdraft fee and hope they decide not to close my account.
When I go in today to pick up my things I find I was indeed quoted the wrong price and even though 16.50 is what's written on the paper I was still charged 17.50 with no apology. Again, the excuse given "She only works 10 hours so she doesn't know about anything".... what?? Weither you work 1 hour or 100 hours you should and /need/ to know what your selling and the cost of it. There is no excuse for this.
Now, I would have gone to the manager with this as I'm not rich, having to continue to shell out extra money for other's mistakes isn't something I can afford to do, but it turns out I WAS talking to a manager. Yep, a manager thinks an employee who works 10 hours is totally alowed to make such big mistakes.
angry.gif

So, I've emailed CS through the MAC website as that was the only place I could find to email reguarding this (they thankfully have an option to contact someone reguarding a counter/store). Now I don't want the girl fired, just better trained, maybe put on probation, because who knows how many others this happened to and we're all out the possible overdraft fee, plus it's a big headache. Just, yeah, my annoying little story for ya'll. I don't think I'll be going to that store again, this has all be one big clusterf*!@ that I'd like to avoid.

aleksis210

You know for a fact that when someone "checks in the back" they are so full of shit! I hate that...like did you really ask? or did you really look??

pinktraits

Exactly, I mean I can believe there's a price list or something in the back to double check but don't lie about it, if you don't know the cost ask someone. It's not something to lie about. >_<

NicksWifey

I'm no MAC employee but I had worked in customer service and that is just plain wrong. There should be no excuse for them misquoting you, we all know dazzleglasses are more than $16.50. I would be upset too, especially if you account was overdrawn and that's not your fault. The fact that the manager seemed really lax and defended the "sorry she's new and only works 10 hours a week" line is a crock of shit. Obviously someone's not training the girl! I would be beyond pissed and I don't blame you for contacting customer service thru MAC, usually they are really good & quick about resolving any problems you may have had at a store or counter. I hope they get it worked out for you.

florabundance

Their excuse/explanation is complete bullshit. She's new? ..And?
Whether you're working 10 hours or 50, you should commit to what it is you are being PAID to do.

It pisses me off that people like that can work for MAC but i can't haha.

Feel better bb, and maybe consider ordering off the website in future?
th_dunno.gif

ClaireAvril

i hate when instead of truly appologizing for something when they are at fault these people just make excuses.
These people don't think like customers.. and its sooo much easier just to appologize.

coachkitten

I actually know the manager of this store and I am suprised that she acted that way towards you. That doesn't sound like her at all. There is no excuse for someone not knowing their stuff and I am sorry that you had such a poor experience.
smiles.gif

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by florabundance
Feel better bb, and maybe consider ordering off the website in future?
th_dunno.gif

Seriously.
At least then you'd know you were being charged the correct price, as well as when your account would actually be charged.
I understand people being new, they're going to make mistakes, but I don't think you should have to pay for it. You're not their guinea pig.

JediFarfy

That sucks! I fear stores doing this so I never preorder anything unless I prepay THAT day. You never know what they can do.
ssad.gif

JF

pinktraits

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenstain
This is why I never spend money I don't have.

..The money wasn't spent when I put it on hold. The money would have been there had the payment gone through when they said it would. o_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I actually know the manager of this store and I am suprised that she acted that way towards you. That doesn't sound like her at all. There is no excuse for someone not knowing their stuff and I am sorry that you had such a poor experience.
smiles.gif

Heck, for all I know the girl was lieing when she told me she was the manager (tan, blonde girl, about 5'8"+, skinny)
th_dunno.gif
. There was actually two girls, her and a SA who had called her over, the SA seem irritated I even brought the matter up. Meh. There's still online, like was mentioned. At least the CS for that is kick ass.
yes.gif

susanks1

Sorry you had a bad experience at that store. I shop there and have had no problems and was treated very well.

frankenstain

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktraits
..The money wasn't spent when I put it on hold. The money would have been there had the payment gone through when they said it would. o_O

I just meant I mainly use cash. Less problems like this. LOL.

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktraits
Heck, for all I know the girl was lieing when she told me she was the manager (tan, blonde girl, about 5'8"+, skinny)
th_dunno.gif
. There was actually two girls, her and a SA who had called her over, the SA seem irritated I even brought the matter up. Meh. There's still online, like was mentioned. At least the CS for that is kick ass.
yes.gif

That girl might be a assistant manager but the store managers name is Allyson. The girl that you described isn't Allyson. Call and ask for her because I bet that she will make things right.
smiles.gif

Jessica0984

She still should know her stuff. It doesn't matter how much you work there. I am sorry you had to go through that.

jaysgirl

That really sucks! I work in the bank and I know how much of a pain in the ass overdraft fees are. With that being said, I'm surprised the bank is giving you so much trouble over the fee when you previously had identity theft on the account. That's not right either! Sorry you're going through all this

pinktraits

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysgirl
That really sucks! I work in the bank and I know how much of a pain in the ass overdraft fees are. With that being said, I'm surprised the bank is giving you so much trouble over the fee when you previously had identity theft on the account. That's not right either! Sorry you're going through all this

Wasn't the same bank. I had to close the other account, on advice from the bank, to avoid any possible further theft. My name is now "flagged", as it were, so that any bank I want to bank with will get a notice saying my account will probably be trouble. This is how it was explained to me by the bankers. It's been a troublesome week/month/life. *lesigh*
lol.gif
But it can only get better from here on out. Hopefully I'll hear back from someone at some point, at least to know that they got the email and are dealing with it (apart from the automatic form letter).

pinktraits

After a week

I get a form letter:
Dear Ms. pinktraits,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your interest in M.A.C.

We regret to learn of your experience at our M.A.C store. For assistance with any refunds, returns or exchanges within 30 days, please refer to your point of purchase. Please be assured that your comments will be forwarded on to the appropriate management executives for their review. We trust the above addresses your concern. We hope that we have the opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns.

Sincerely,

Kiola Toussaint-Brew
Response Representative
Global Consumer Communications

I never mentioned anything about refunds or anything in the letter I sent so I'm not quite sure how anything concerning refunds would "address my concerns".
thmbdn.gif

I'm especially annoyed because the site says it should take only 24 hours to get a response from someone. It's been about a week. *sigh* Oh well, I suppose I can't expect more than a form letter for my concerns. Meh.
Just thought I'd update about the situation.

Chrystia

That is just awful. Mistakes do happen, but a manager should definitely have been more sympathetic. And as far only working 10 hours a week, that is definitely no excuse. I am a 10 hour employee at MAC, and I am required to be just as strong as a full time girl. Obviously mistakes will happen esp if you are new, but that manager shouldn't make excuses for that ever.