All Things Sephora

Twinkle_Twinkle

I got everything I wanted/needed from the NARS sale, and maybe an extra item...

I was so bummed about missing the Mr. Rebates on my first order that I called to cancel it just so I could replace the order. And this time around I saw the the MUFE Aqua Cream that's been out of stock for MONTHS was back in stock so I grabbed that sucker quick. Now I just have to go in-store to pick up Benefit Porefessional and I am done done done with hauling. Whew it's been a crazy ride.

Shars

I was so bummed about missing the Mr. Rebates on my first order that I called to cancel it just so I could replace the order. And this time around I saw the the MUFE Aqua Cream that's been out of stock for MONTHS was back in stock so I grabbed that sucker quick. Now I just have to go in-store to pick up Benefit Porefessional and I am done done done with hauling. Whew it's been a crazy ride.
choochoo.gif

MsGlossy

And I've enjoyed every minute of it!
girlhaha.gif
From your waterproof routine this summer to your on-the-go essentials -- your systematic hauling intrigues me.

MsGlossy

My cart was full but I cleared everything out and just got the Sephora Favorites Beauty Sleep Set (hello Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil!!). I'm going to head in store to play around... and to SiJCP to get some of their Sephora Favorites exclusive sets (Hello Skin Wonderland!!). I'm not excited about anything else anymore but I know that will change once I walk into the store.

I also plan to buy at least 3 of the VIB Rouge exclusive lipsticks during the sale...because Sephora will be seeing less of my coins when it comes to non-exclusive items. Right back at ya Sephora!
finger.gif

Prettypackages

They have an automatic 30% discount when you click to checkout!

Also, ladies, don't forget you can get rebates on NARS' website. Mr. Rebates is 7% cash back right now ANDDDD if you click on the shipping option, you can switch to free 2 day shipping with regular FedEx instead of the free Smartpost option. I couldn't resist 30% off plus 7% cashback and free 2 day shipping!!!
IT's not working for me. :-(

Quote: Originally Posted by YarahFlower

Any facial serum recommendations?
MEddy swears by the Algenist Vit C serum, I've been using it, and like she said, it has lightened up my dark circles. It's a lil sticky, but so far I like it, I'd repurchase.
I also use one that isn't on sephora, and the texture of my skin was awesome, it was something my derm recommended as well. NeoStrata Skin Active Antioxidant Defense Serum.

So, I've been looking at oils, and I'm now really impressed with Clarins Lotus oil, I haven't had any bad reactions, and I love the smell. I used ot make my own hair products with essential oils, so the strong smell is pleasing to me. But what I've noticed is that a lot of oils have some type of silcone base, and this one does not. I'm very impressed!
I also was getting caught up in the Korean skin care hype and looking at expensive moisturizers, the belief aqua bomb caused surface b reakouts (I say surface b/c they dried up the next day), but I LOVE and have had no issues with the cheap moisturizer my derm recommended, CeraVe. Now this doesn't save me much money though. My cart is sitting at $800, and the more y 'all recommend, the more I want. You're going to make me bust out my Discover card (which is why I wish this sale was a full week more time to buy).

MsGlossy

@novocainedreams Thanks so much for the heads up on the Nars site!! I ordered Vengeful (thanks to @elegant-one ) and Exhibit-A blush. The only thing I love as much as an orange blush, is a red one!
girlhaha.gif
I've been meaning to get Exhibit-A for a while and the 30% off quickly reminded me of that.
girlhaha.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

And I've enjoyed every minute of it!
girlhaha.gif
From your waterproof routine this summer to your on-the-go essentials -- your systematic hauling intrigues me.

LOL! I can't believe you remember that! We'll I'm just going balls to the wall this sale season and then I'm sitting in a corner until May.. But I also feel like I have to talk through everything so I'm glad at least one person finds my ramblings intriguing and not annoying.

Quote: Originally Posted by Prettypackages
I'm currently using that coverfx powder. I like, I haven't had any issues. THe first time I wore it, a young lady in a store was like, I love your makeup/skin. Sometimes I get oily, and I found the best way to apply it was with a kabuki type brush. Like Real Techniques flat top brush.
I've tried it before and I liked the finish but I felt the coverage was light and took a lot of work to build it up. This time around I just want it as my touch up powder so the light coverage works just fine. I like that the finish is more natural; It reminds me a lot of my MSFN but I have to use two MSFN shades together to get the best match and I'm not going to carry an extra powder around (and a baked mineral product at that) for that purpose. I'm glad to hear that you like it, because I didn't test drive it long so I'm not really sure how it wears.

Prettypackages

LOL! I can't believe you remember that! We'll I'm just going balls to the wall this sale season and then I'm sitting in a corner until May.. But I also feel like I have to talk through everything so I'm glad at least one person finds my ramblings intriguing and not annoying.

I've tried it before and I liked the finish but I felt the coverage was light and took a lot of work to build it up. This time around I just want it as my touch up powder so the light coverage works just fine. I like that the finish is more natural; It reminds me a lot of my MSFN but I have to use two MSFN shades together to get the best match and I'm not going to carry an extra powder around (and a baked mineral product at that) for that purpose. I'm glad to hear that you like it, because I didn't test drive it long so I'm not really sure how it wears.
Ahhh yes, I remember the waterproof stuff too! You got me hooked on that AND travel essentials. This is all of your fault I see.

sagehen

I'm currently using that coverfx powder. I like, I haven't had any issues.  THe first time I wore it, a young lady in a store was like, I love your makeup/skin.   Sometimes I get oily, and I found the best way to apply it was with a kabuki type brush.  Like Real Techniques flat top brush. 
Which CoverFX powder? Real Techniques has a flat-top brush? WHAT?

novocainedreams

@novocainedreams  Thanks so much for the heads up on the Nars site!! I ordered Vengeful (thanks to @elegant-one  ) and Exhibit-A blush. The only thing I love as much as an orange blush, is a red one! :haha:  I've been meaning to get Exhibit-A for a while and the 30% off quickly reminded me of that. :haha:
Your welcome!! I am so glad I randomly went to check out the site, LOL, I was just preparing what I wanted from the F&F sale since I missed what I wanted on beauty.com hahaha. Oooh sounds gorgeous! One of my fave blushes from them right now is Starscape, it looks SO BRIGHT, but gives the most beautiful pinky flushed glow!

Medgal07

I might head into the store.. they opened a new one 1 mile from me..and I sort of want that bag they are supposedly giving out in store with purchase..
What's interesting is -I got the mailer AND a big ass magazine promoting the sale and new products.. and you (and Yarah) know I have been on Sephora's sh*t list lately.. lol.

You should send them a note and ask them WTF? Maybe they will be uber charitable and give you 100 points <<< (Just Joking)..

Nice idea! I only want Vengeful, so I don't want to spend the $50 to get free shipping.. Nordstrom will ship for free..
It just makes no sense!!!!
ohboy.gif

Latest posts