All Things Sephora

Prettypackages

Ok, the Nars agent is claiming that it was a mistake and they corrected it. However, she is saying no one got the discount, and all orders were corrected before being placed. I don't buy that part, but I'm putting this here to tell you all to check our orders/statements. She said those ppl who placed orders were "lucky", and it might be changed when orders are uploaded. her callous attitude is pissing me off though. How can you change an order after it's been placed. Call some ppl lucky and not honor discounts b/c of your mistake. *SMH*

I'm not that pressed though, just wanted it b/c it was on sale. LOL

novocainedreams

Ok, the Nars agent is claiming that it was a mistake and they corrected it.  However, she is saying no one got the discount, and all orders were corrected before being placed.  I don't buy that part, but I'm putting this here to tell you all to check our orders/statements.  She said those ppl who placed orders were "lucky", and it might be changed when orders are uploaded.  her callous attitude is pissing me off though.  How can you change an order after it's been placed.  Call some ppl lucky and not honor discounts b/c of your mistake.  *SMH*   I'm not that pressed though, just wanted it b/c it was on sale. LOL 
I wondered about that. If they don't honor it, I will be sending it back, not my fault you screwed up your own site. SMH. How can it be corrected before it was placed, it was discounted on my order when it was placed. And they can't just change an order without contacting the customer!! You can't adjust the price to higher without their knowledge, people have credit limits and bank account limits they have to take into account! Happier news, my Sephora order shipped already!!! And Damn Beautylish is overloaded...go figure, LOL

dash4

The Nars site did do an update - I left and went to Sephora to check some things out in person ( One being Vengeful)...and my cart had the discount.. I left the webpage open and it was still showing the discount when I opened it... I went to checkout and the discount was gone..

I think I decided against Vengeful anyway.. I tried it on and I am not sure it was flattering on my skin type.. I am at my palest --- NW25 right now with pink undertones.. I just wasn't sure it was for me.

I ended up getting the Laura Mercier Blush and Glow palette in store and got the goodie bag.. it is cute.. it came with a few samples.. nothing to get too excited about..but I am glad I got it.

Medgal07

HA

Ok, they probably stopped it then. DANGIT! I was on this AM, I should have done it then.
th_kiss.gif

Medgal07

Quote: Originally Posted by dash4 The Nars site did do an update - I left and went to Sephora to check some things out in person ( One being Vengeful)...and my cart had the discount.. I left the webpage open and it was still showing the discount when I opened it... I went to checkout and the discount was gone..

I think I decided against Vengeful anyway.. I tried it on and I am not sure it was flattering on my skin type.. I am at my palest --- NW25 right now with pink undertones.. I just wasn't sure it was for me.

I ended up getting the Laura Mercier Blush and Glow palette in store and got the goodie bag.. it is cute.. it came with a few samples.. nothing to get too excited about..but I am glad I got it.

Wow you did that so quick---you are close to Sephora! Glad you got what you wanted. Enjoy!!

Medgal07

Ok, the Nars agent is claiming that it was a mistake and they corrected it. However, she is saying no one got the discount, and all orders were corrected before being placed. I don't buy that part, but I'm putting this here to tell you all to check our orders/statements. She said those ppl who placed orders were "lucky", and it might be changed when orders are uploaded. her callous attitude is pissing me off though. How can you change an order after it's been placed. Call some ppl lucky and not honor discounts b/c of your mistake. *SMH*

YIKES!!!! If they renege on the discount they may get more cancellations than they may expect or want. They should just eat it like Macy's did with the MAC brushes.

dash4

The is BS.. They can NOT allow a purchase to go through, then add an extra charge onto someone's credit card. They could cancel orders, but they can NOT add on charges.. That would be an unauthorized charge and they could get in huge trouble for that.

Either she is completely ignorant or a liar.. or both.. Nars should NOT be employing people like that.. but hell, Nars might have trained her to say that.. if so, that is even more messed up.

MsGlossy

LOL! I can't believe you remember that! We'll I'm just going balls to the wall this sale season and then I'm sitting in a corner until May.. But I also feel like I have to talk through everything so I'm glad at least one person finds my ramblings intriguing and not annoying.
How could I forget?
girlhaha.gif
During the summer I tend to not bother with most makeup items since I live in the South and it gets way too hot so I enjoyed reading about how you were fighting back. LOL

Shars

The is BS.. They can NOT allow a purchase to go through, then add an extra charge onto someone's credit card. They could cancel orders, but they can NOT add on charges.. That would be an unauthorized charge and they could get in huge trouble for that.

Either she is completely ignorant or a liar.. or both.. Nars should NOT be employing people like that.. but hell, Nars might have trained her to say that.. if so, that is even more messed up.
Well their email says you don't get charged until your order is shipped so it'll be interesting to see how they deal with it. I'm sure that agent is an idiot - she clearly has no idea how fair trading rules work. I don't understand why agents can't say, "I'm not sure. Let me check." They need to stop making stuff up.

MsGlossy

Your welcome!! I am so glad I randomly went to check out the site, LOL, I was just preparing what I wanted from the F&F sale since I missed what I wanted on beauty.com hahaha. Oooh sounds gorgeous! One of my fave blushes from them right now is Starscape, it looks SO BRIGHT, but gives the most beautiful pinky flushed glow!
I'm sooo happy you did!
pompom.gif

Starscape sounds lovely. I need to swatch every Nars product today so I will be in the know for any future glitches.
girlhaha.gif

singer82

Oh hell no they better not charge you extra that's bs. I looked at my paypal transactions and it says the discounted price. But it's pending, guess we'll see when it ships. We shouldn't be punished for them messing up.

novocainedreams

[COLOR=0000FF]  YIKES!!!!  If they renege on the discount they may get more cancellations than they may expect or want.  They should just eat it like Macy's did with the MAC brushes.[/COLOR]
The is BS.. They can NOT allow a purchase to go through, then add an extra charge onto someone's credit card.  They could cancel orders,  but they can NOT add on charges.. That would be an unauthorized charge and they could get in huge trouble for that. Either she is completely ignorant or a liar.. or both.. Nars should NOT be employing people like that.. but hell, Nars might have trained her to say that.. if so, that is even more messed up.
EXACTLY THIS! You cannot add on charges to an order regardless. They either have to cancel, contact the customer and explain the error or eat it. Which is what they should do, it's their fault the site was discounting, not the customers.

Prettypackages

Yeah, seems like they caught it. That's the second time in the past few months that's happened on their website. Last time, there was a code for 30% off that wasn't supposed to be public lol.

Hmmm. I never thought to try that powder for touchups. I'm going to add it to my makeup bag I carry daily to see how it works out.

Well their email says you don't get charged until your order is shipped so it'll be interesting to see how they deal with it. I'm sure that agent is an idiot - she clearly has no idea how fair trading rules work. I don't understand why agents can't say, "I'm not sure. Let me check." They need to stop making stuff up.

I told her the same, I was like you can't go back and charge ppl like that. She was so callous. I was like damn, I won't be shopping with you anytime soon.
Maybe she wanted to make me feel better for missing out? She was like well they were luck, it shouldn't have happened. *smh* Ok lady.

Shars

EXACTLY THIS! You cannot add on charges to an order regardless. They either have to cancel, contact the customer and explain the error or eat it. Which is what they should do, it's their fault the site was discounting, not the customers.
I don't recall them cancelling or not honouring orders the last time this happened a few months ago. I think we'll be fine. If not, tough for them because I will be cancelling my order.

Prettypackages

I don't recall them cancelling or not honouring orders the last time this happened a few months ago. I think we'll be fine. If not, tough for them because I will be cancelling my order.
wait this happened before? y'all are going to have me on that site everyday. LOL

Shars

I told her the same, I was like you can't go back and charge ppl like that. She was so callous. I was like damn, I won't be shopping with you anytime soon.
Maybe she wanted to make me feel better for missing out? She was like well they were luck, it shouldn't have happened. *smh* Ok lady.
What a twat!
(Meddy, yes I used a naughty word... I think I'm justified this time lol)