All Things Sephora

elegant-one

No more makeup for me until the sale in April (or until my fingers press "send order" by mistake).
girlhaha.gif

What shade in the Nail Inc. polish did you get?

Bronwyn

You got the gold eyeshadow! I would love to hear about it. That's too bad about that the scent bothers you.
I'll let you know when I try it in the burberry forum. Yeah, my skin is sensitive so scented products are generally a nono. I mean, I don't even see the point in scented powders. Just wear perfume.

elegant-one

I'll let you know when I try it in the burberry forum. Yeah, my skin is sensitive so scented products are generally a nono. I mean, I don't even see the point in scented powders. Just wear perfume.
Yeah, I agree. Although I do love the Meteorites smell & the Chanel blushes, but I would be just fine if there were no scent. Ok, I'll check there for your thoughts on the es.

Shars

Alchemy II is AWESOME. IMO, better than the first. Enjoy it!
cheerleader.gif

I ordered some CL for the rouge sale, and the products have shipped.
Shows up for me in desktop mode so maybe it's just mobile?
Quote: Originally Posted by msvluvsmac

My in store haul today:
Ole Hendrickson wipes
Glam Glow Brightening mask
Delete Polish Remover
Nails Inc polish
2 Jack Black lip balms
3 mascaras from Nordstrom

I want the MJ lipstick in Mahogany but it's sold out in all my local stores and online. I hope it comes back in stock by Monday.

No more makeup for me until the sale in April (or until my fingers press "send order" by mistake).
I thought that only happened to me!
girlhaha.gif

Bronwyn

Yeah, I agree. Although I do love the Meteorites smell & the Chanel blushes, but I would be just fine if there were no scent. Ok, I'll check there for your thoughts on the es.
yeah, I own the pressed meteorites, and I only wear it once in a blue moon because of that.

starletta8

Good to know Starletta. I might have to check that out---my hands take such a beating because I'm constantly washing them, and it only gets worse in winter.

I swear by the following hand creams:

1. L'Occitane Shea Cream- I always liked it, but the difference I saw it make on my dying father's legs (that were red and angry and scaly with nerve death, etc.... doctors were having him buy $150 a tube medicinal creams that did nothing). After 2 days of me rubbing the shea cream on his legs, they were so soft and calmed. I also use it when I have a minor burn.
2. Tatcha Indigo Hand Cream- Hydrating, pleasantly scented. Expensive, but lovely. I've used up 2 travel sized tubes; the 20% was enough to make me splurge for the full-sized ($38) tube.

And... If budget's no limit....

AmorePacific Time Response Hand Renewal Cream- O.M.G. This stuff is incredible. I hoard sample packets of it. It's sold in 3 1-oz tubes..... for $90.

starletta8

what do you use?

oh really, tell me why it is awesome, I was just looking at it. I want to use hand creams to prevent the "old lady hands syndrome" and thought about putting serums on my hands.
anyone else have ways to prevent this?
LOL, i got one of those farmacy lip blooms, I couldn't resist, it smelled so good!

For skincare, I rotate a number of products throughout the year. The absolute best my skin has ever been was when I was using a full Guerlain routine. However, I just can't afford it. My current staples are Guerlain Abeille Royale Facial Oil (will go up to 2x daily once it gets cold here), Guerlain Abeille Royale Serum (the one with gold balls that looks like a cousin to Meteorites Primer), Shiesido Benefiance Eye Cream. I'm also trying Laneige Water Bank Serum to add additional hydration.

I've used Shiseido's Benefiance products for years- they didn't irritate my skin. However, I decided to try to rotate in some new ones. Currently loving Chanel Solution 10 moisturizer, Laneige Water Bank Sleeping Mask, Laneige Water Bank Firming Sleeping Mask (alternate).

For whatever reason, toner is a real issue for me. My skin is really fickle about it- one bottle is ok on occasion, but heaven help me if I repurchase! I liked a chamomile toner from a Glossybox, the old Origins A Perfect World toner, and now I'm using Clairns sensitive skin toner. I also love Shisiedo's Eudermine Essence.

My skin loves Dr. Jart+'s Water Sheet Mask, The Face Shop's Blueberry Sheet Mask so far. I am trying a bunch of them- I know it's a temporary fix but it helps.

I'll mention that Laneige is under the AmorePacific, Inc umbrella- it's the lowest priced line.

For anti-aging hand creams, look for SPF!!

starletta8

Really? I've been doing the same thing - using up my deluxe minis for the longest time. I don't think I've bought a full sized mascara since my daughter was a little baby! What do you like more about the full sizes?

More control- longer wand means my hand isn't all up in my eye!

starletta8

OK, now I'm done.

I added a few more things today:
Phyto Vitamins 4-month set (with discount, takes them from $0.98-$1/day regular to $0.55 per day!!!)
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder- Dim Infusion (full sized- I realized I have used about half of the travel sized one I bought)
NARS Steven Klein eyeshadow- Never Too Late (um, golden olive? HELLO!)
2x sheet masks(Sephora Pearl, Karuna Anti-Oxidant- to try)

And I caved on the Atelier Cologne Sud Magnola in the 1 oz size.

(I also nabbed stuff at Nordstrom and L'Occitane)

laurennnxox

Hey all! I have a question. My boyfriend is in the market for a new facial cleanser. He's been using The First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay, and liked it. However he's been using it for a bit over a year and it seems as if his skin has adapted to it, and isn't keeping his acne away as much. He's oily skin, acne prone with typically mild-moderate acne breakouts, and large pores on his cheeks and nose (shhh! don't tell him that last part!
girlhaha.gif
) His acne is mostly white heads.

He isn't into toning and moisturizing (are any guys? Idk.) So he's looking for something to help with his acne but not dry his face out. Any ideas? All the face washes I use and love are a lot stronger and possibly more drying but I also follow it up with toner, serum, and moisturizer.

TIA!

Monsy

Clarins gentle foaming cleanser with tamarind - helps with the oil but doesn't dry out.
Lancome gel radiance
Lancome pure focus cleanser
Dermalogica medibac
murad has some good ones for acne but they do dry out

Bronwyn

Okay cut down the list a bit:
-burberry wet dry silk eyeshadows in mulberry,stone blue, and rosewood
-burberry kisses lipstick in bright plum
-dior fusion mono eyeshadow in mirror
-bite beauty lipstick in mauvember
-burberry lip velvet lipstick in damson

AutumnMoon

Hey all! I have a question. My boyfriend is in the market for a new facial cleanser. He's been using The First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay, and liked it. However he's been using it for a bit over a year and it seems as if his skin has adapted to it, and isn't keeping his acne away as much. He's oily skin, acne prone with typically mild-moderate acne breakouts, and large pores on his cheeks and nose (shhh! don't tell him that last part! :haha: ) His acne is mostly white heads. He isn't into toning and moisturizing (are any guys? Idk.) So he's looking for something to help with his acne but not dry his face out. Any ideas? All the face washes I use and love are a lot stronger and possibly more drying but I also follow it up with toner, serum, and moisturizer.  TIA! 
My husband uses Arcona Tea Tree bar for men with his clarisonic (I got him stuck on using one lol). He's a big fan of the kiehls oil free toner (green label).

laurennnxox

Clarins gentle foaming cleanser with tamarind - helps with the oil but doesn't dry out.
Lancome gel radiance
Lancome pure focus cleanser
Dermalogica medibac
murad has some good ones for acne but they do dry out
I was looking at the clarins one online! Seems to be a front runner. Too bad it's a foam so can't really get a tester of that. Maybe I'll buy him the travel size thats cheaper so he can test it out.

and yeah, I don't think he'd like Murad washes. They even dry my super super oily skin out.

Vandekamp

My husband uses Arcona Tea Tree bar for men with his clarisonic (I got him stuck on using one lol). He's a big fan of the kiehls oil free toner (green label).
I want to know your secret for getting your husband to use the Clarisonic. That is amazing.