All Things Sephora

elegant-one

Thanks! It was nice. My mom has been using Clinique makeup and skincare my entire life, like all my play makeup as a kid was stuff that came in the freebie GWP bags from department stores so when I started shopping at Sephora she was suspicious but since they have Clinique she got into it and now she is trying all different brands. It's fun and a nice bonding experience. She got a couple foundations, Lancome Teint Idole and Nars Sheer Glow, Dolce & Gabbana The One perfume (which actually used to be what I wore in senior year of high school but she "borrowed" it one day and now it's her signature scent
girlhaha.gif
, I've since stopped using it), a Clinique lipstick, and they had one last Nails Inc Windsor Mews polish which I had missed online so she got it to give to me for Christmas. And she is always weird about using my points but she likes the MUFE HD powder so I made her get that point perk. I swatched Vengeful while I was there and now I'm even more excited to get it, the highlighter shade is gorgeous!
That is so endearing!!!
love.gif
Yes, the GWP sizes are perfect for kiddie play
girlhaha.gif
It must be fun & quite a memorable treat to see all the different colors & products but doing it with you. My mom & I shopped together all the time & I know how much it meant to her. Thanks for sharing such a warm story!!!

Happy you got Windsor Mews because its so pretty. AND, I'm really really happy to hear that you thought the Vengeful HL was gorgeous too.
friends.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

It's crazy but they have the dates well defined. I don't get it
shrugs.gif

It was my prerogative to purchase before the sale but I'll be damned if I purchase once shut out after 11/9! They'll probably restock stuff w/the hope that VIBRs purchase regardless.

EXACTLY!!!

Good point!

Nice to know---thanks for sharing this.

I've always double cleansed and use a different cleanser for each---I thought I was odd doing it but I see I'm in good company.

werd.gif
I double cleanse with two different cleansers too. It's just like shampooing your hair right? Rinse and repeat.

GreenEyedAllie

I'm contemplating going back in for the Laura Mercier caviar stick set...what do you all think of these? I've never tried one before.

MaryJane

I'm probably the one one who feels this way but, I'm glad the sale is only a few days. The longer it goes on, the more stuff I'll buy that I don't need. I've already spent about $200 since Friday. I was a little surprised at how upset some people are by it. Many people had their carts all prepared weeks ago so it's not like people didn't have some idea what they were buying.

squirtlesquad54

I'm probably the one one who feels this way but, I'm glad the sale is only a few days. The longer it goes on, the more stuff I'll buy that I don't need. I've already spent about $200 since Friday. I was a little surprised at how upset some people are by it. Many people had their carts all prepared weeks ago so it's not like people didn't have some idea what they were buying.
I agree, at least there IS a sale in the first place. And it's 20%, I remember when it was only 15%. We all know the sale is in November. I've been saving for a while for this and ended up getting everything I wanted. The VIBR perk was that we got to shop first and I'm happy with that.

laurennnxox

I agree, at least there IS a sale in the first place. And it's 20%, I remember when it was only 15%. We all know the sale is in November. I've been saving for a while for this and ended up getting everything I wanted. The VIBR perk was that we got to shop first and I'm happy with that.

I understand and agree with where you all are coming from-- however I also see why people are upset. Don't advertise Rouge as "having all the perks of BIs and VIBs and then some" and not allow us to shop the whole length of the sale. While we all know the sale is coming in November, some people don't always have the luxury of saving up (not saying this of myself, but in general). Also depending on how people get paid, the "VIBR Only Window" might have fallen at a terrible time. It's always nice to have a discount, and I'm not taking that for granted. But I am frustrated and I think it's just a lot of snowballing frustration from Sephora's shenangians over the past year or so. To not be able to shop the whole sale and not have an in-store event is honestly disappointing for me. I really enjoyed the events, and being able to spend time with a friend I can bring when we both love makeup. I understand the events caused a lot of turmoil because they weren't all exactly the same and people felt treated unfairly, but I don't see how hard it is to put out an official statement or whatever to managers of the locations to make sure they're all on the same page. Or just to include it all in the fine print of the email and have employee's follow that instead of arguing against the written fine print (as I've had a manager and employee do to me at one event). All of us ladies here spend a lot of time and money on makeup and should be given respect and appreciation from retailers. I don't understand Sephora's reasoning why VIBR's can't continue to shop through the whole sale. Especially if things get restocked in the meantime (which I have a bad feeling will happen) and they'll hope we don't care and buy without our 20% off.

shontay07108

No disrespect, no shade, but I don't feel we should settle for well at least they gave us yada yada yada. VIBR is supposed to mean something. It just makes zero sense to me that you get your discount for a couple of days and then it's gone while everyone gets to shop. VIBR is supposed to be awesome because it early access and longer access. That's the impression I got. Hell, I can just slide down to VIB if that's the case b/c what's a few days difference in getting my stuff. It's hilariously bad form by Sephora. If I hadn't come here, I would've thought I had several more days to get what I wanted.

Medgal07

I love twinsies
friends.gif

Here Ya go!

Nope, more pink. Pluminette is a baby fuchsia pink with just a tad raspberry undertone to it.

Thanks Sis!!! Wow---so pretty it brings tear to my eyes
heart.gif
weeping.gif
That's a HAPPY pink. Twinsies!!! I Just ordered it. If I'm hanging these babies from my walker I want

an even number---I'll have 12 now!!!!
th_DANCE.gif

Medgal07

I was a little surprised at how upset some people are by it. Many people had their carts all prepared weeks ago so it's not like people didn't have some idea what they were buying.
I was surprised by the date limits on the correspondence that Sephora sent---It clearly reads,
' Four days of savings, exclusively for VIB Rouge November 6-9, 2015'
I could get into more time but like you, the more time I have, the more I look, and the more I look, the more stuff I buy. But that's my lack of self control issue not anyone else's problem.
girlhaha.gif

elegant-one

Thanks Sis!!! Wow---so pretty it brings tear to my eyes
heart.gif
weeping.gif
That's a HAPPY pink. Twinsies!!! I Just ordered it. If I'm hanging these babies from my walker I want

an even number---I'll have 12 now!!!!
th_DANCE.gif
th_roll1.gif
TWELVE is the loveliest number
lol.gif
Everyone will hear your walker clanking
girlhaha.gif
I just put Pluminette on & it IS the HAPPIEST SWEET pink on the lips. It has this pretty depth to it that takes it out of the ordinary pink range. It will be GORGEOUS on you for sure.

Haven would love it too
heart.gif

Medgal07

Are thr CL lipsticks really all that and a bag of chips? They look pretty but I dont know if their worth it to me personally
Then that has to be your decision---can't make that call for you. I happen to love them---but different strokes, etc,
etc. The formula and pigmentation are amazing, I find the matte & satin formulas to be long wearing and the
packaging is just fun. I enjoyed getting three more at 20% off---made the cost a bit more palatable.

Medgal07

th_roll1.gif
TWELVE is the loveliest number
lol.gif
Everyone will hear your walker clanking
girlhaha.gif
I just put Pluminette on & it IS the HAPPIEST SWEET pink on the lips. It has this pretty depth to it that takes it out of the ordinary pink range. It will be GORGEOUS on you for sure.

Haven would love it too
heart.gif
I think I'm done with these for a while!!!
icon_eek.gif
It's undeniably gorgeous on you---that swatch sold me on it---I didn't
even have to think twice!!!! I can CLANK til my hearts content and have a weapon too should I need one.

lol.gif

Do you see this Haven? You need it too!!!!
poke.gif

Bronwyn

Just curious. Do you think the vib sale is starting a few days after the rouge sale so there is time to restock items?

TwiggyPop

I just got a bag! Stupid store.
I didn't even get that!! I don't know if this was answered yet, but no, you can't use that deal with the discount. I tried on my first haul and it was cheaper to not use my discount. I did one whole order of MUFE shadows and did the rest of my initial haul using the discount.