All Things Sephora

laurennnxox

Nice! This was my first order from them & I kept telling myself ...:secret:..you don't need another makeup line addiction :marchmellow:

The Kathleen Lights Where The Night Is quad is soooooo stunning! You won't regret it. And the bright side: If you get addicted to CP at least they're cheap!! That's what I tell myself each time I place an order. lmao!

elegant-one

The Kathleen Lights Where The Night Is quad is soooooo stunning! You won't regret it. And the bright side: If you get addicted to CP at least they're cheap!! That's what I tell myself each time I place an order. lmao!

I really loved the shades of so many of their products. I spent way to many hours researching what they looked like on :) They are SOOO cheap...compared to what we're used to buying :rofl:I hope I love everything.

laurennnxox

Any suggestions on skin care for me? Really, for the first time I am experiencing slight skin dryness. I have moderately oily and acne prone skin, and suddenly I'm noticing a bit of dullness and tightness. I'm definitely hydrated, but my skin is not getting oily at all throughout the day. It's finally "winter" here in Tallahassee, and the 0% humidity is killing me I think. Yesterday I did not wear any makeup and noticed that my face stayed in the "normal" range, if not a tad bit dry. Usually I am crawling to wash my face at the end of the day but this time I felt like I could keep going. (obviously I washed my face but I guess I am trying to describe the change in my skin) 99% of my skin care is for combo/oily acne prone skin. So this clearly isn't helping the current problem. I have never set foot in the "hydrating" side of skin care besides moisturizers. My current day-time moisturizer is Belif Aqua Bomb (the gel one) and my night time moisturizer is Origins oil free night-a-mins. I'm open to opinions. :)

laurennnxox

I really loved the shades of so many of their products. I spent way to many hours researching what they looked like on :) They are SOOO cheap...compared to what we're used to buying :rofl:I hope I love everything.
I'm sure you will! You make everything look stunning! :)

boschicka

Dang!! I saw the eyeshadow palette earlier and I was wondering if they didn't get the powders! Did they have both? And did they have the blush as well? Seems like I'm going to have to stalk them lol.

They are still available at other retailers. Do you need to buy them from Sephora?

starletta8

I have the palette so I don't feel a need to buy the blush in full pan form. Especially since I rarely reach for that specific color. I think I'll end up qualifying as a Rouge just because of how things tend to work out (if you spend $100 / month at Sephora you're already qualified for 2017, it'll just add up). Plus I love makeup so :catdance:
But I agree, the benefits aren't really worth it to me.

This is the only reason why I suspect that I'll unfortunately re-qualify. I'm already $45 in for the month (picked up Mood Light Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder). I also like the Living Proof Prime products and several Sephora Collection items. Simply keeping up with those and a few other, small purchases will push me over.

Alysse011

Any suggestions on skin care for me? Really, for the first time I am experiencing slight skin dryness. I have moderately oily and acne prone skin, and suddenly I'm noticing a bit of dullness and tightness. I'm definitely hydrated, but my skin is not getting oily at all throughout the day. It's finally "winter" here in Tallahassee, and the 0% humidity is killing me I think. Yesterday I did not wear any makeup and noticed that my face stayed in the "normal" range, if not a tad bit dry. Usually I am crawling to wash my face at the end of the day but this time I felt like I could keep going. (obviously I washed my face but I guess I am trying to describe the change in my skin) 99% of my skin care is for combo/oily acne prone skin. So this clearly isn't helping the current problem. I have never set foot in the "hydrating" side of skin care besides moisturizers. My current day-time moisturizer is Belif Aqua Bomb (the gel one) and my night time moisturizer is Origins oil free night-a-mins. I'm open to opinions. :)

I would go with a vitamin c serum (that helps my breakouts/pores/dull skin tremendously) and, at night, slather some coconut oil on your face. I know people joke about slapping coconut oil on anything that needs extra help, but it really is such a problem solver.

DILLIGAF

What are you planning to get?!?
Naked Skin Concealer (what to see what the hype is about)
Tarte Liquid Lipsticks
Too Faced Melted Chocolate in Chocolate Cherries
Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bon Palette

These are currently sitting in my cart waiting for me to just pull that trigger

Shars

They did have both powders. I did not see the blush though. All I saw from the Glowing Gardens collection was that eye shadow palette and the two glowing powders. I could have missed something though. ;) It could be that they brought in limited stock to start with and will be restocking with a much larger quantity. At least I hope so, so that you won't have to do too much stalking. :)

Nice! I bet it's as you say re limited initial stock.

I've been really impressed with their liquid lipsticks! I bought a ton during their holiday sales and I really, really, like the formula and colours. I do have to say that on me, all of the liquid lipsticks apply darker than they appear in the tube. I'm wondering if their tubes are slightly frosted.

They are still available at other retailers. Do you need to buy them from Sephora?

No, I don't have to buy from Sephora but I couldn't seem to find the pink one online from other retailers. I wanted to order from NM so I could use a 10% off code.

elegant-one

I've been really impressed with their liquid lipsticks! I bought a ton during their holiday sales and I really, really, like the formula and colours. I do have to say that on me, all of the liquid lipsticks apply darker than they appear in the tube. I'm wondering if their tubes are slightly frosted.

No, I don't have to buy from Sephora but I couldn't seem to find the pink one online from other retailers. I wanted to order from NM so I could use a 10% off code.

Everyone seems to feel that way. And I was also told that the liquid lipsticks dry darker. I really wanted to get Stingraye but was worried it would look too dark on me? Do you have that one. Too bad I missed the sale. Did you get any liners?

I got that nice little NM 10% off code :marchmellow:After I place my orders on those, there is always something I forget to add ;)

shontay07108

Was it the Kathleenlights palette? I bought it too the colors are stunning.

Yup. I got the Where the Night Is palette and it is gorgeous. I was going to wear it to work today, but I couldn't be bothered with a full face.

They had a 30% off sale for boxing day. I picked up the loose and pressed buttercup powders. I used the pressed to baked my undereye concealer the other day. I didnt find it as stark as theBen Nye Banana powder. I use Sienna and Topaz in that brand but i can't use the for baking. Let me know if you want swatches.

I'd love swatches. I bought a sample jar on ebay the other day. I can't wait to get it. The Banana powder is just fine on my face overall, but it's entirely too light to just focus on my under eyes. I can't find the proper Ben Nye color. Sienna is way too dark and Topaz is too orange. The undertones in other shades seem off. I really want to try this baking thing so I hope the Sacha powder is my answer.

I bought the Colourpop Kathleen Lights palette, 8 lip pencils, 2 liquid lippies & one lip stick.

8 lip pencils? LOL I hope you love it all!

I get my Bite stuff and MUFE concealer tomorrow. Can't wait to play with it. I got an email today about the birthday gift. It's free, so I'll find time to get it, but it's not exciting at all. I'll get the Marc Jacobs set.

boschicka

Ah, yes, 10% off would be nice! I think Macy's still has both colors and Nordies has the pink one.

poodle649

I've missed this place! Having some trouble getting into the new format, but hey since the threads are slow I was able to catch up on all the chat here! Lol.

My skin has gone through some similar changes over the past several months. I have been using an oil cleanser (the one from Bare Minerals) either alone or before another cleanser and that has helped immensely for balancing my skin. My break outs are someone else's break outs now. Adding some oil to my skin has definitely reduced overproduction. And it is great year round.

For moisturizing at night I have been using a few deluxe samples of the Amore Pacific Moisture Bound Rejuvenating Cream. I really thought it would be heavier than it is but my skin is eating it up. Definitely pricey though so idk if I will purchase but honestly it might be worth it. My second favorite for this dryer time of year is Belif Moisture Bomb. It is kinda similar in texture to the Amorepacific and if you are using the Aqua Bomb I would try to get some samples made in store. Moisture Bomb is basically just one step up, though with the description you would think it is a whole lot heavier.

Basically I have branched out into a little oil and found my skin really thanked me for it. However beauty oils are still a no go for me. I can maybe use one once and get away with it but I always break out on day two and kick myself.

On the not-so-daily I have been doing some sheet masks for moisture or brightening when I feel I need a boost and they have been helping as well since they are normally serum based. Idk about their oil content but my skin always feels rejuvenated and moist after without being heavy or oily.

Shars

Everyone seems to feel that way. And I was also told that the liquid lipsticks dry darker. I really wanted to get Stingraye but was worried it would look too dark on me? Do you have that one. Too bad I missed the sale. Did you get any liners?

I got that nice little NM 10% off code :marchmellow:After I place my orders on those, there is always something I forget to add ;)

I don't have Stingraye. I did order it though but I'm not sure when I'll have it. From swatches I've seen, it's almost exactly like the Jeffree Star Androgyny one so you may have better luck searching for swatches of that one. I think you would like the one called Trap. It pulls a gorgeous grey, mauve with just enough pink so you don't look dead! I have a couple of the lip liners and I really like them! They hold up well and layer well too.

Ah, yes, 10% off would be nice! I think Macy's still has both colors and Nordies has the pink one.

I'll check out Nordies - Macy's doesn't let me order online with my card *bummer*

DILLIGAF

Yup. I got the Where the Night Is palette and it is gorgeous. I was going to wear it to work today, but I couldn't be bothered with a full face.

I'd love swatches. I bought a sample jar on ebay the other day. I can't wait to get it. The Banana powder is just fine on my face overall, but it's entirely too light to just focus on my under eyes. I can't find the proper Ben Nye color. Sienna is way too dark and Topaz is too orange. The undertones in other shades seem off. I really want to try this baking thing so I hope the Sacha powder is my answer.

8 lip pencils? LOL I hope you love it all!

I get my Bite stuff and MUFE concealer tomorrow. Can't wait to play with it. I got an email today about the birthday gift. It's free, so I'll find time to get it, but it's not exciting at all. I'll get the Marc Jacobs set.
Sienna is now too dark for me. Worked in Miami though. I'll try to get pics for you either tomorrow or Friday.

Latest posts