All Things Sephora

Miradan

I got an F&F code from a nice employee on Sephora's Beautytalk boards, and my order came today. In addition to my moisturizer and the UD Ozone primer pencil, I got:
UD TMI
UD Bruise
Shiseido Bloodstone
NARS Shirley
NARS Kate
MUFE C211
Bobbi Brown Raisin

Bruise was a miss, unfortunately -- applied very patchy. Not sure about Bloodstone -- I need to wear it tomorrow in natural light to make a final decision, leaning towards keeping it, though. Everything else was fabulous (the pigment in Shirley, OMG!! Such gorgeousness!!). Raisin is the return of an old friend -- I finished a tube of Raisin about a year and a half ago, and decided that I missed it.

Now I need to stop adding more lipsticks to my cart before Friday!! I have enough!! (famous last words. . .)

Rinstar

Has anyone tried the Caudalie Divine Oil? I have several deluxe sample bottles of it from work and never tried it. After reading some reviews on its use, I opted to pair it with my favorite body butter and OH BOY. I love it. The smell isnt going to appeal to everyone but its so sensual and pretty luxurious.

Also, I'm patiently waiting for the Tarteist Pro palette to hit Sephora. I wasn't checking for it at all prior to last week but I realized how much I really like the prior Tartelette palettes and need it! LOL.

I use the Caudalie Oil in my hair all the time! On the ends and for flyaways. It's so good in hair

javadoo

I got an F&F code from a nice employee on Sephora's Beautytalk boards, and my order came today. In addition to my moisturizer and the UD Ozone primer pencil, I got:
UD TMI
UD Bruise
Shiseido Bloodstone
NARS Shirley
NARS Kate
MUFE C211
Bobbi Brown Raisin

Bruise was a miss, unfortunately -- applied very patchy. Not sure about Bloodstone -- I need to wear it tomorrow in natural light to make a final decision, leaning towards keeping it, though. Everything else was fabulous (the pigment in Shirley, OMG!! Such gorgeousness!!). Raisin is the return of an old friend -- I finished a tube of Raisin about a year and a half ago, and decided that I missed it.

Now I need to stop adding more lipsticks to my cart before Friday!! I have enough!! (famous last words. . .)

I have Bloodstone and I absolutely adore it. It is gorgeous!
I also have Shirley and Kate and love them both!

shizzelly

Hello ladies! I haven't been on Specktra in forever. I've been crazy busy school but anywho I've been going makeup crazy with all of these new launches lately and I'm super excited for the VIB sale this week! :catdance: I figured I'd jump back on here to look for some recommendations from all you ladies because my list keeps growing... :whistle:

My list... so far.. may change severely by friday lol:
Estee Edit Gritty & Glow Palettes
Huda Beauty Rose Gold Palette (her liquid lipsticks have quickly become one of my faves so fingers crossed her shadows are amazing too!!)
Drunk Elephant Dayglow Set
Drunk Elephant Nightbright Set
Hourglass Stick Foundation - Blanc
Natasha Denona 5 Palette (#3, blue one)
NARS Persia Eyeshadow
NARS Loose Powder - Snow
Urban Decay Troublemaker Lipstick
Tarte Quick Dry Lip Paint - Bestie (I have a liquid lipstick obsession and I'm curious about their new formula... and the LE packing is cute!)

revoltofagirl

anyone know the best retina/retinol product you can get at Sephora?

I have tried Peter Thomas Roth retinol fusion PM, Dr Dennis Gross ferulic acid & retinol brightening solution, and right now I'm using a deluxe sample of the Sunday Riley luna oil.

Of the three I prefer the PTR retinol fusion (I just repurchased). I was tempted by the 3% retinoid version but decided to stick with the retinol fusion because it's cheaper and I know I like it. The DDG ferulic retinol serum felt more dry (because it isn't an oil) and I didn't see much results with it. I like how the luna oil feels but hate the smell and the price.

Hope that helps!

mollyv6

Hello ladies! I haven't been on Specktra in forever. I've been crazy busy school but anywho I've been going makeup crazy with all of these new launches lately and I'm super excited for the VIB sale this week! :catdance: I figured I'd jump back on here to look for some recommendations from all you ladies because my list keeps growing... :whistle:

My list... so far.. may change severely by friday lol:
Estee Edit Gritty & Glow Palettes
Huda Beauty Rose Gold Palette (her liquid lipsticks have quickly become one of my faves so fingers crossed her shadows are amazing too!!)
Drunk Elephant Dayglow Set
Drunk Elephant Nightbright Set
Hourglass Stick Foundation - Blanc
Natasha Denona 5 Palette (#3, blue one)
NARS Persia Eyeshadow
NARS Loose Powder - Snow
Urban Decay Troublemaker Lipstick
Tarte Quick Dry Lip Paint - Bestie (I have a liquid lipstick obsession and I'm curious about their new formula... and the LE packing is cute!)

Thanks for the DE mention as I had no idea these were being offered. I've been wanting to try DE for awhile now but didn't want to spend $80 or $90 on the full size kits. I may just buy them now since I'm worried they will sell out before the VIB segment of the sale starts.

revoltofagirl

I ended up getting some things at ulta so now my cart is:
- drunk elephant AHA kit
- Sunday Riley Tidal
- Bite beauty matte lip crayon in cava
- marc jacobs birthday gift

I hope the DE set stays in stock until the VIB portion of the sale! I do like the mini sets too but I know I want a full-size of the TLC serum.

shizzelly

Thanks for the DE mention as I had no idea these were being offered. I've been wanting to try DE for awhile now but didn't want to spend $80 or $90 on the full size kits. I may just buy them now since I'm worried they will sell out before the VIB segment of the sale starts.

No problem! I just noticed that Nouveau Cheap mentioned them on her blog and I've been wanting to try some of the DE skincare :)

fur4elise

Random question...Does anyone know if we can shop in store AND online during the VIBR sale?
I just got the email...it mentions getting a holiday bag in store.

msvluvsmac

Random question...Does anyone know if we can shop in store AND online during the VIBR sale?
I just got the email...it mentions getting a holiday bag in store.

I did during the last sale. I ordered online, shopped in store and then went to JCP Sephora because they had separate code. I showed by email in both stores because the year before I used my card in JCP and they took it and said I could only use it once in all Sephoras. Hopefully, things haven't changed.

Update: I just checked the email they sent and it doesn't have separate code for JCP like they did last time.

Last edited:

fur4elise

I did during the last sale. I ordered online, shopped in store and then went to JCP Sephora because they had separate code. I showed by email in both stores because the year before I used my card in JCP and they took it and said I could only use it once in all Sephoras. Hopefully, things haven't changed.

Update: I just checked the email they sent and it doesn't have separate code for JCP like they did last time.

:thankyou:Thank you very much! I'm spoiled in that I have a selection of 2 SiJCP and a regular Sephora in one of the malls. It will just be online and the full size store for me. ;)

Shars

I don't get their rationale for only allowing one use in stores when you can use it multiple times online.

hitchcockblonde

I think you're thinking of the 20/25$ off $50 code that comes in December. That's one time use with a separate code for Sephora and SiJCP.

msvluvsmac

I think you're thinking of the 20/25$ off $50 code that comes in December. That's one time use with a separate code for Sephora and SiJCP.

Maybe that sale was the one with the separate code but it was this sale that they took my card because I went to sephora and asked and they said that I could have used it more than once so they gave me the discount anyway.

Last edited:

boschicka

Yes, and some genius here was able to add it to their Apple Wallet (Android Pay?) and then use it an extra time that way as well! :yess:

DMcG9

Here's a swatch of Bite's Mauvember 2016 compared to last year's version. It was released yesterday in Cdn Sephora stores and online and is also available online for the US this year.
i apologize for the shitty bathroom lighting but it's evening. At the very least you can see that it's more of a pink mauve this year then the purpley mauve it was last year. It's still very nice and creamy :eek:

2015 on left, 2016 on right
IMG_0873.jpg