All Things Sephora

BrittLuvsMakeup

I've been doing a lot of shopping during this sale so I'm personally ashamed to post what I've purchased, lol. Fortunately, I had cash back from Mr. Rebates, a gift card from eBates, and a gift card that I saved specifically for this sale to spend towards my purchases, so I didn't have to pay completely out of pocket for everything. I made a single purchase in store yesterday to get an item that was out of stock online (I got the free tote as well) and my experience was terrible, however, I will continue to take advantage of the sale online (I'm not letting some mannerless store associates discourage me from taking advantage of getting deals since we only get 20% off at Sephora once a year). I've already completed a survey (that they advertised at the bottom of my receipt) and emailed them about my experience so I'm hoping to hear from them soon. After the sale is over though, I'll be reducing my purchases with them by only purchasing items that can be purchased exclusively through them, items that are marked down in the sale section, and during sales such as this one.

Icecaramellatte

I've been doing a lot of shopping during this sale so I'm personally ashamed to post what I've purchased, lol. Fortunately, I had cash back from Mr. Rebates, a gift card from eBates, and a gift card that I saved specifically for this sale to spend towards my purchases, so I didn't have to pay completely out of pocket for everything. I made a single purchase in store yesterday to get an item that was out of stock online (I got the free tote as well) and my experience was terrible, however, I will continue to take advantage of the sale online (I'm not letting some mannerless store associates discourage me from taking advantage of getting deals since we only get 20% off at Sephora once a year). I've already completed a survey (that they advertised at the bottom of my receipt) and emailed them about my experience so I'm hoping to hear from them soon. After the sale is over though, I'll be reducing my purchases with them by only purchasing items that can be purchased exclusively through them, items that are marked down in the sale section, and during sales such as this one.

Hey I just realized I didn't get a free tote from my in store purchase. Was there a minimum purchase amount?

Icecaramellatte

Put in a large purchase last night and then hightailed it to the store this morning to get an out of stock item.

Online I bought:
-Givenchy holiday eye shadow quad
-Nars eye/cheek dual intensity palette Give In Take
-Nars Rigel dual intensity shadow
-Nars Sara Moon Impudique blush
-Nars Sara Moon Isadora blush
-Huda palette (back up)
-Becca split pan blush/highlighter in Amaretto and Pamplemousse (I guess these are back ups too since I have them in the Champagne pop palette)

In Store
-Nars Mona lipstick

I missed out on the Bite Mauvember lipstick. I guess I took too long to think about it. I did the same thing last year.

I tried out another Smashbox Always Matte lipstick and I may just run back tomorrow and pick it up.

dash4

Does anyone have experience with Becca's Rose Quartz? I bought it instore yesterday and I tried it last night after I had worn my makeup like 12 hours...and I wasn't impressed,but decided not to judge it based on that since it wasn't really fair.

I tried it this morning and still don't like it. It doesn't "shine" like all my other Becca highlighters..and it sort of sits on top of the skin.. looking dusty and gross without almost any sheen... maybe I got a bad one?

(ps~I am having bad makeup experiences.. I ordered a makeup geek bundle of their new highlighters and all three were broken into pieces when they arrived.. :(:(:( I sent pictures to MUG and they are sending me new ones, but it is disappointing.. 1st world problems, I know)..

BrittLuvsMakeup

Hey I just realized I didn't get a free tote from my in store purchase. Was there a minimum purchase amount?

There was no minimum purchase amount required to get the bag. If the store that you purchased from still has the bags in stock, you can call them and let them know you didn't get one and they can probably put one on hold for you. They scan the tag on the bag when you make your purchase so that it shows up on your receipt, so you can show your receipt to prove you didn't get one.

Shars

So, I actually did good by going to the store after work yesterday! All the OOS LE items I wanted were in store!
My purchases included:

NARS Audacious Holiday Rita -
Very very happy about this! :)

Dior Diorific Matte Fluid Lip & Cheek Velvet Colour
-
But I have to return it as I purchased the wrong color. I should have double checked.
I wanted Luxury (coz' you know...#teambuyallthered ;) ) and got Pleasure.
I hope they will still have the color I want. If not I will purchase from Saks in the near future because they also have the matching nail lacquer.

Dior Diorific Matte Velvet Lipstick in Splendor -

I have to say I went for these because the packaging is divine. These are my first Dior lippies.

Hourglass Radiant Light Ambient Lighting Powder
- It was time for a luxury finishing powder

Estee Edit Gritty & Glow Palette Duo
-
I swatched it in store and purchased totally on impulse. Not sure if I will keep it because I absolutely do not need it! But it swatched so smooth and pigmented.

I will place my online order tomorrow. Just 2 things not in store:

Estee Lauder Double Wear - Spiced Sand -

I finally found a great shade match so I am going to go for it!

Guerlain Holiday 2016 Rouge G Rouge Saphir -

Only if I return both the Diorific Fluid Lip and the Edit palettes.

p.s. The sales assistant gave me back my card and said I could use all weekend. No no no! I will not spend more money!

That Estee Lauder Edit palette seems to be a surprise pleasure from a lot of people that picked it up. I have it in my "Maybe I'll Get These Too" cart.

Icecaramellatte

Sorry for BTB posting, but I heard the Anastasia Mario palette was back in stock but it is already out of stock again! I would have loved to get another one on sale.. I LOVE that thing.. I wish there was an email notification option, but I guess there isn't one since it is LE.

Master Palette By Mario - Anastasia Beverly Hills | Sephora

I saw one on the shelf in Sephora today. I was surprised. They may have had more in the drawer. I had to ask the SA to check the drawer for the Nars lipstick aI wanted. Try a store if you have access.

fur4elise

90th
Awwww bummer to hear you had a funky experience! Everyone associate at my store seemed to be excited about the Rouge sale. Let me do my business without being invasive & happy for my feedback on various products. I feel like many of us would be great spokes persons for the various brands and products we love ❤! In fact we should have our own blog!

Sorry for BTB posting, but I heard the Anastasia Mario palette was back in stock but it is already out of stock again! I would have loved to get another one on sale.. I LOVE that thing.. I wish there was an email notification option, but I guess there isn't one since it is LE.
I love ❤ the MM palette in combination with the MR! Best e/s purchases I made this year!
That Estee Lauder Edit palette seems to be a surprise pleasure from a lot of people that picked it up. I have it in my "Maybe I'll Get These Too" cart.
I'm still on the fence because it was purely an impulse purchase! However it is super pigmented & smooth. Those who went in on the VB x EL collection would be shocked & kinda pissed at how similar the colors & quality are!

On a completely different note…the limited edition Givenchy Magnolia Couture lipstick is beautiful! I got it during the F&F sale. #teambuyallthered The formula is creamy & moisturizing. The packaging luxe!

Last edited:

dash4

I saw one on the shelf in Sephora today. I was surprised. They may have had more in the drawer. I had to ask the SA to check the drawer for the Nars lipstick aI wanted. Try a store if you have access.

Thank you! I did see that it showing in stock at a Sephora not too far from me.. I will call them tomorrow and ask if they have it. The store inventory locator for Sephora pretty much sucks though, but I will call!

90th
Awwww bummer to hear you had a funky experience! Everyone associate at my store seemed to be excited about the Rouge sale. Let me do my business without being invasive & happy for my feedback on various products. I feel like many of us would be great spokes persons for the various brands and products we love ❤! In fact we should have our own blog!

I love ❤ the MM palette in combination with the MR! Best e/s purchases I made this year!

I'm still on the fence because it was purely an impulse purchase! However it is super pigmented & smooth. Those who went in on the VB x EL collection would be shocked & kinda pissed at how similar the colors & quality are!

On a completely different note…the limited edition Givenchy Magnolia Couture lipstick is beautiful! I got it during the F&F sale. #teambuyallthered The formula is creamy & moisturizing. The packaging luxe!

I love it too!I wasn't even going to get it,because it doesn't look like much in pictures,but it is stunning. It is in my top three favorite eyeshadow palettes lately (Lorac MegaPro 3 and TF Sweet Peach - are my other favorites)...

I am trying to get it for someone for Christmas! I just know it will be a good gift!

Last edited:

stormborn

I would try calling around! 2/3 stores I called today had them in stock. I put one on hold since I decided I need a backup too!

LOL!! I love that you have one of these too! I have two browsers on my phone, one logged in ("for sure" list) and one logged out ("maybe" list) :write:

Last edited:

stormborn

So far this round I've picked up all three of the Huda lip sets as well as one of the single lip contour pencils in Famous. I LOVE these things and I'm so excited to finally get my hands on that and Trendsetter since those were the colours I missed out on from the original launch. For anyone who is wondering (since the website doesn't say), the liners included in the sets are Trendsetter (nude set), Trophy Wife (mauve set), and Vixen (dark set).

I'm also planning to get a backup of the Mario palette, and a few staple items like the Verb hydrating shampoo/conditioner set, Verb Ghost oil (any reviews on the Verb line?), and Formula X The System plus the cuticle oil.

I'm torn on skincare! I can't decide between Sunday Riley Squad Goals, the Fresh Lotus Preserve set, or just going rogue and ordering a bunch of new stuff from Deciem (NIOD and The Ordinary). I definitely need a new cleanser ASAP, any favourites out there?

As for fun stuff... :devil: I bought Modern Renaissance and Glow For It (Favorites kit) last week. Probably should have just waited for the sale but I didn't want to risk them selling out! I was looking at the Marc Jacobs coconut primer, but both the salespeople I spoke to today steered me away from it towards the Too Faced Hangover RX primer, so I guess I'll be giving that a go! I'll also be purchasing the Drunk Elephant Lippe balm and maybe the Burberry Cat Eyes mascara (has anyone tried this?!)

And, finally, I've been wanting to build a small custom palette for everyday neutral looks cause I hate breaking out my larger palettes in front of my kids! I'm thinking 3-4 shadows, but don't know which brand to go with. I thought I'd pose the question to all of you here. I'm looking at ABH, MUFE, MAC, and Buxom. Quality and selection wise, which are your faves? I should say, I'm looking for mainly matte/satin, neutral to warm shades for NC20ish olive skin.

Last edited:

Anneri

I already made one order of things I definitely want to purchase:

• MUFE highlighter in Golden Pink
  • Huda Beauty Liquid Lipstick in Muse
  • Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Palette

(I probably need to chill on the highlights because I just ordered a MUG bundle of 3 highlighters)

I am waffling on the Natasha Denona palettes. It was like they were the rage, but no one talks about them anymore..?

And the Huda Beauty Rose Gold palette is getting such mixed reviews.

I think I am going in-store today to pick stuff up.. Ebates and MrRebates are only offering 4%, so I might as well just buy in-store, since we can not use any additional promo codes for freebies online.

I'm thinking about the Huda liquid lipsticks. Have you tried them before? I've read mixed reviews.

dash4

I would try calling around! 2/3 stores I called today had them in stock. I put one on hold since I decided I need a backup too!

Oh wow~ I thought for sure they'd be OOS everywhere.. Thanks for the heads up! I might end up getting two more - if I can find them.. one for a gift and one for a backup! That palette is SO good!

I'm thinking about the Huda liquid lipsticks. Have you tried them before? I've read mixed reviews.

I haven't tried them yet. She has a lot of beautiful shades available, but I only bought one since I don't know whether I will like it or not. I got a shipment notice but when I click it - it isn't even entered into the system yet.. guess they're bogged down with orders.

Sorry I could be of more help. :(

MaryJane

I stopped in Sephora yesterday and some things that weren't even on my radar caught my eye. I bought the Nars Sarah Moon Isadora blush and am thinking about getting Impudique. The color is pretty but bright. If anyone has it, what do you think of it?

also, the Estée Edit Gritty and Glow might be coming home with me. I swatched it and the pigmentation is amazing, it's very creamy. Almost all the reviews have been excellent and its a great value. The 'con' is I have dupes for most of the shadows. Do I want the Estée Edit or a backup of the ABH Mario palette? Decisions, decisions.

smileyt06

I stopped in Sephora yesterday and some things that weren't even on my radar caught my eye. I bought the Nars Sarah Moon Isadora blush and am thinking about getting Impudique. The color is pretty but bright. If anyone has it, what do you think of it?

also, the Estée Edit Gritty and Glow might be coming home with me. I swatched it and the pigmentation is amazing, it's very creamy. Almost all the reviews have been excellent and its a great value. The 'con' is I have dupes for most of the shadows. Do I want the Estée Edit or a backup of the ABH Mario palette? Decisions, decisions.

Im thinking of getting those two blushes too. Still in the air.

shontay07108

I went to Sephora yesterday and I actually stopped myself from making impulse buys. I really liked the swatches of the new Nars Blushes, but I put them back after I googled them. The lightest one is patchy and hard to blend from what I read and the other shade interested me because it came off coral on my hand, but came out pink in pictures on the cheeks. I don't like pink blush anymore. More accurately, I don't have a need for them anymore. I came away with Dior's Hypnotic Poison, a Beauty Blender, and Jack Black Lip Balm. Nothing sexy, but everything I wanted/needed.

I decided I liked the Koh Gen Do wipes, but I'm not paying for the pack of three. That price seems ridiculous to me and I wanted some skincare, but couldn't decide what would work. I don't want to do any returns from this sale. I'm probably done at this point.

DMcG9

So far this round I've picked up all three of the Huda lip sets as well as one of the single lip contour pencils in Famous. I LOVE these things and I'm so excited to finally get my hands on that and Trendsetter since those were the colours I missed out on from the original launch. For anyone who is wondering (since the website doesn't say), the liners included in the sets are Trendsetter (nude set), Trophy Wife (mauve set), and Vixen (dark set).

I'm also planning to get a backup of the Mario palette, and a few staple items like the Verb hydrating shampoo/conditioner set, Verb Ghost oil (any reviews on the Verb line?), and Formula X The System plus the cuticle oil.

I'm torn on skincare! I can't decide between Sunday Riley Squad Goals, the Fresh Lotus Preserve set, or just going rogue and ordering a bunch of new stuff from Deciem (NIOD and The Ordinary). I definitely need a new cleanser ASAP, any favourites out there?

As for fun stuff... :devil: I bought Modern Renaissance and Glow For It (Favorites kit) last week. Probably should have just waited for the sale but I didn't want to risk them selling out! I was looking at the Marc Jacobs coconut primer, but both the salespeople I spoke to today steered me away from it towards the Too Faced Hangover RX primer, so I guess I'll be giving that a go! I'll also be purchasing the Drunk Elephant Lippe balm and maybe the Burberry Cat Eyes mascara (has anyone tried this?!)

And, finally, I've been wanting to build a small custom palette for everyday neutral looks cause I hate breaking out my larger palettes in front of my kids! I'm thinking 3-4 shadows, but don't know which brand to go with. I thought I'd pose the question to all of you here. I'm looking at ABH, MUFE, MAC, and Buxom. Quality and selection wise, which are your faves? I should say, I'm looking for mainly matte/satin, neutral to warm shades for NC20ish olive skin.

I've been using the Peter Thomas Roth Strawberry Scrub. I really like it. It feels gentle, cleansing, and smells quite nice.