Am I the only one?

anuy

petit four lipglass is a for sure thing and i'm a maybe for pinked muave pigment and the quad. it seems like all the collections are SO hyped up that we're bound to be dissapointed.

Eilinoir

I was wanting the quad for a while until I saw pics of it posted by people who got them early. Now, not so much - I'll probably just get Apricot Pink and Lily White pigments, plus a Sparkleliner or two.

Is it me or, from appearance alone (not swatches), the quad colours almost resemble Aquadisiac, Shale/Flirty Number/Stars n' Rockets (from some angles), Vex, and maybe a lighter Swish?

MACmermaid

yay i'm glad i'm not the only one who isn't really feelin' sweetie cake! i swear, this is the first collection in a looooooonng while which won't prompt me to go directly to MAC after work on a thursday. i saw the stuff in person today, and it was pretty but just ok. sweetie cake looks could probably be recreated pretty accurately w/ perm MAC colors (i hope so b/c the looks that were posted a while ago were really pretty).

the apricot pink pigment did look nice though....it looked a touch darker/peachier than goldenaire in my opinion. the lipgloss pots are too "cutesy" for me.

this is a good thing b/c i have a feeling i am going to go buck nuts with sundressing and lure/bait/hooked
smiles.gif

user79

I'm not a "pink" girl at all but I think the pigments look interesting. The rest is very skip-able I think.

IcedEyez

Okay, I understand the unimpressed-ness and things like that....but I thought Sweetie Cake was being used to target basically highschool Seniors and Juniors for their Prom? Did I not read that somewhere? or is that another collection coming out soon...

but back to the point. So if it seems plain and boring to some, and not wearable to work, etc....that's because it's not supposed to be. It's basically One Occasion Only makeup...

Brianne

I'm getting 2 pigments and Peacocked e/l, but that's it. Quad doesn't look that great and the l/g shades aren't that original.

kradge79

I'll probably get pigment samples and one of the glitter liners, but other then that, not too exciting.

litlaur

I'm not really feeling it either. I'm just getting the quad and Petit Four lipglass.

I've considered getting the pigments, but they're a bit blah to me.

pugmommy7

nothing here either. just "eh" i am much more excited by thesummer stuff coming up. the water themed one-(can't recall the name at present) is looking really good.
I *may* be more into sweetie cake when I see it irl. But Deja Rose does't thrill me either. The only lip I liked was Giddy which is perm.
The scent was ok, I just went thru a whole search for the hg of rose scents last year so i am over that now. I am going through viote, and sweet scent thing now. so fickle
winks.gif

merleskaya

I was mildly intrigued only by the purple glitter liner, but if the glitter's all scatter-y like I'm reading it is, I'll refrain. The rest of the colors/products don't speak to me at all.

merleskaya

midnightlouise

I'm still on the fence about alot of it. I was super excited seeing the promo pics, but the actual pics are making me re-think my list. I'll probably only get half of what I had originally intended to get. The pigments are not really doing it for me. The all look like varying shades of pink.
ssad.gif
Maybe seeing it in person will change my mind.

Jude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nessa
Shut up Jude you are going to ruin it for me!
tong.gif

What did I tell you about that power?!?! >=(

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude
What did I tell you about that power?!?! >=(

Can you feel it? It's awesome! *rips out like the Hulk* LMAO

I am getting those darn pigments. Even if they do look ugly. You know I must have them...it's a sickness.

asraicat

hey hunnies, whats the general concensus on the softsparkle pencils?
great? meh? major fallout? cast your vote now
i'm torn b/t HOPING & DREADING that the SC piggies will be soo damned similar to recent past releases
they need to mix them up a bit i think- they've all been so similar that it makes me question the new pigment collection launch later this yr

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corv's Queen
Nothing for me either. I really like the new Fluidlines that are coming out with Lure/Bait/Hooked too, but I really think that I'm going to wait for the Luquidlast liners. I am sure that I'll end up getting all of them.

What colors are coming out in Fluidlines?

I am so into liquidlast- I am willing to pass on the pigments from sweetiecake if necessary to save for them.

I only wish we could see this stuff so we could save for all of it- esp the new pigments coming out in June.