Annoyed by holiday-help at MAC counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrystallineDoll

I was at MAC with my mom Christmas shopping, and I made a list so I would remember the names of the ones I really wanted
greengrin.gif
I was disappointed that my favorite MUA wasn't there, instead were a bunch of old women I have never seen before. I wasn't really surprised, a lot of places pick up extra help during the holidays. I was looking through the e/s and a woman came over and asked if I needed help so I gave her my list so she could tell me which they had in/out of stock. She read them over, eye brows raised, and looked at me and was all [in a very superior tone, I might add] "You can't only buy e/s. Besides, half these shades don't even match." I have my own collection of 20 or so at home so I kindly explained that I was "matching" to ones I currently owned. She narrowed her eyes at me and gave me a look like I was some kind of imbecile and went back to the list. "We don't carry this shade anymore. Don't you have a current list?" I got most of the names off the website so I didn't know what was still being carried and what not. I just nodded and said I didn't know and she gave me that patronizing look again. Then she tried to sell me all these products that I don't need/use, and when I said no thank you, she basically told me I was a fool who didn't know what I was doing. She told me to stick to my local drugstore and buy Maybelline because its easier for the "inexperienced." Then she handed me an e/s primer and told me I had to buy it. I said no thanks because I use a different one. She questioned me about it until I would answer and I said I used UDPP. She raised her brows at me and sneered "Urban Decay?" She shook her head in what I suppose was annoyance, and said she'd ring us up with what she finally deemed okay. We paid and she asked us to "please leave and make room for customers who actually know what they are doing," and stalked off.

I was really surprised by this lady because the people at MAC are always so nice and helpful. Also, I've gotten compliments so I know I'm not 100% clueless. I don't know, she really just annoyed me.

Has this happened to any of you lately?

xx.

mariecinder

You poor thing! I would have told her where to shove it! I really admire and love MAs but sometimes they can be kind of snotty. Maybe she was having a bad day?

frocher

Sorry that happened to you. She sounds like a crazy woman, unfortunately you can find those everywhere. It's great that you were so nice to her, I would have told her where to shove it.

alexisdeadly

I try to avoid confrontation and not flip over things (New Years Resolution) but my mom would have torn her a new asshole. Just ignore the miserable bat. hehe

Babylard

how rude! lol.. people like that are the reason why I was scared of entering any cosmetics department stores.. it must have been hard for you to be nice to her. I would be very upset if someone tells me "stick to my local drugstore." I've only been to MAC twice. Once to buy eyelash adhesive, and once to introduce myself to their eyeshadows. The MUA was such a sweet lady, so I easily got over my fear. I always imagined that those places were full of crazy ladies who push products and all look like clowns LOL boy was i wrong.

Divinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
E-mail corporate immediately.

A company like MAC prides themselves in helping their customers and making sure they are HAPPY and get what they want. So, I'm sure they wouldn't mind taking care of any employee that isn't doing just that.

Cheers for being nice too. I don't know that I would have been.

makeba

i would call the store manager and email corporate immediately. her tone and actions were clearly unprofessional. you were quite patient with her rudeness cuz i know i would have left the store with the things i asked for and had that heifer crying real hard. make sure you make a complaint asap!

liv

Write a strongly worded letter to MAC's corporate office, and I would personally go back to speak with a manager about this woman. No one has the right to belittle someone like that. I wouldn't have even given her my commission.

iheartangE

Aw that's awful! I'm so sorry that happened to you
ssad.gif

I would definitely talk to corporate or the manager though-no one should be allowed to treat people like that!

knoxydoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
i would have grab back the list and walk way. i wouldn't want someone like that to have the sale.

pretty much exactly what I would have done. Said something like e/s don't need to match and obviously you don't need my sales. Grab list say good bye and walk away.

There's no need for anyone to be rude about anything like that. I know an experience like that would make me rethink purchasing at that store again.

This Is Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
E-mail corporate immediately.

I agree! No customer should ever be treated or spoken to in this manner. I definitely would not have been able to bite my tongue in that situation.
angry.gif

girl_devil.gif
Looka here heffa (in a more tactful way of course)

CrystallineDoll

Yeah, I was thinking about contacting MAC. I was really shocked by this woman haha. She works retail...and I was a paying customer..You're supposed to make sales not enemies xD

fingie

Yeah...I definately agree about emailing corporate! That's just unacceptable.
You have much more patience/grace than I do--I would have flipped out!

rouquinne

i would call them and ask to speak to the manager and let them know, in NO uncertain terms, that you are not happy with the way you were treated!

that's absolutely disgusting!!!

kyoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
i would have grab back the list and walk way. i wouldn't want someone like that to have the sale.

Exactly what I would have done. She wouldn't have received $1 of my money, but honey please contact the store manager and notify Mac. Treating any customer that way is not acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.