Annoyed by holiday-help at MAC counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmopolitics

Wow. What a bitch. You can't only buy eyeshadows? WTF was she tripping on?

Oh man, I would have demanded to see a manager right then and there. No one deserves flagrant disrespect like that. What you can do now is give that store a call and speak with the manager about the awful way you were treated. Then you should send an email Corporate's way to let them know, as well.

little teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
So like 68 or so? Interesting observation.

Their age really has nothing to do with it. I am curious why you pointed out that they were "old"?

probley because she was shocked that someone that age could act like that
most older woman have more class, then again some are cranky as hell
i would of just totally ignore her and walk off and got someone else to help

juxt123

That really sticks that you were treated that way.Was your mother right there when this happened? And I'd like to know how mac responded.

Melly44

Oh wow what a bitch... Seriously i would have just walked away..
Everytime i go in to mac the people are just so nice and always helpful if i had a girl like her she would have ruined my exprience for sure.

Love Always Ivy

i would have been like "peace beyotch, taking my business over to <insert other MAC counter/store>" or "excuse me please make room for me to go to an MA that knows what THEYRE doing."

Beauty Mark

It is, but given that when I applied last year to work at Macy's at the cosmetics counter (I forget which one specifically), the manager couldn't be found to interview me. Then when she did, she decided because I was college educated that I'd be better off in fine jewelry, even though I know beans about fine jewelry (and don't own anything of real material). After that, she never called me about my training, even when I called, and then had the gall to yell at me on the phone for skipping training when it was Thursday during the 9-5 (she knew this was supposed to be a part-time job, since I told her specifically that I had a full-time job).

In short, if management at this Macy's is anything like management at the Macy's I applied to, it's easy for me to see how someone this awful could be hired

MACGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystallineDoll
I was at MAC with my mom Christmas shopping, and I made a list so I would remember the names of the ones I really wanted
greengrin.gif
I was disappointed that my favorite MUA wasn't there, instead were a bunch of old women I have never seen before. I wasn't really surprised, a lot of places pick up extra help during the holidays. I was looking through the e/s and a woman came over and asked if I needed help so I gave her my list so she could tell me which they had in/out of stock. She read them over, eye brows raised, and looked at me and was all [in a very superior tone, I might add] "You can't only buy e/s. Besides, half these shades don't even match." I have my own collection of 20 or so at home so I kindly explained that I was "matching" to ones I currently owned. She narrowed her eyes at me and gave me a look like I was some kind of imbecile and went back to the list. "We don't carry this shade anymore. Don't you have a current list?" I got most of the names off the website so I didn't know what was still being carried and what not. I just nodded and said I didn't know and she gave me that patronizing look again. Then she tried to sell me all these products that I don't need/use, and when I said no thank you, she basically told me I was a fool who didn't know what I was doing. She told me to stick to my local drugstore and buy Maybelline because its easier for the "inexperienced." Then she handed me an e/s primer and told me I had to buy it. I said no thanks because I use a different one. She questioned me about it until I would answer and I said I used UDPP. She raised her brows at me and sneered "Urban Decay?" She shook her head in what I suppose was annoyance, and said she'd ring us up with what she finally deemed okay. We paid and she asked us to "please leave and make room for customers who actually know what they are doing," and stalked off.

I was really surprised by this lady because the people at MAC are always so nice and helpful. Also, I've gotten compliments so I know I'm not 100% clueless. I don't know, she really just annoyed me.

Has this happened to any of you lately?

xx.

I would immediately contact either the manager of the counter/store or customer service. That is HORRIBLE service no matter where you go, and as a customer you should never be treated that way no matter what...

MAC prides itself on customer service no matter what, I have worked for them for almost 2 yrs and it is a HUGE thing at our store and something we are constantly working at, this woman is by no means a representative for the company or for any customer driven business by treating a customer this way. I apologize for her and hope you have better experiences in the future. Come to Tampa to see me, we are nice here!

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
So like 68 or so? Interesting observation.

Their age really has nothing to do with it. I am curious why you pointed out that they were "old"?

This is a general observation, but it seems to me like this could have been a display of ageism on the part of the saleslady. I have noticed in many department stores that some of these older sales people behave in an indignant, and down-right disrespectful manner to younger customers because they perceive these young customers as being a waste of their time because young customers often don't have money. I'm not saying that is what happened in this instance, but her "Maybelline" comment makes me think it is a possibility.

miss_emc

It's really hard to comprehend that a MAC employee would be that rude to a customer, and if they did that is very VERY unprofessional, especially coming from a more 'mature' lady. I would NEVER talk like that to a customer with the fear of losing my job!

CrystallineDoll

I agree with you guys, it is hard to believe. MAC muas are always super nice and helpful. Its bizzare. I emailed MAC, still awaiting reply, and I contacted Macy's so we'll see what will happen.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
This is a general observation, but it seems to me like this could have been a display of ageism on the part of the saleslady....

Perhaps, but this sounds as if the OP approached the situation with a bit of ageism:

Quote:
.....I was disappointed that my favorite MUA wasn't there, instead were a bunch of old women I have never seen before. .....

Because:

Quote:
There really was no reason I pointed it out, just describing my situation. If they had been men, I would have said a bunch of guys. It was just description *shrugs*

It was not pointed out that they were different women, but "old" women.

ILoveMacMakeup

I cant even go into the bad service I've gotten at Mac lately...and its just the counter by my house. I dont know whats going on, but Im about to find another counter to frequent.

lara

I find it very difficult to believe that a retail MA from any company would tell you to go to the opposition.

I'm trying hard to give benefit of the doubt, but this reads like fiction to me. One or two kernels of truth, but the rest feels like a dramatisation.

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
Last time I went to MAC my dad was like " why do they have an old woman selling MAC?" so IU wonder if the older ladies are like the "brothel mothers" except for MAC. :\

Are you serious with this statement?

...and you want to work for MAC, right?

Evey

I'm sorry that happened to you but if I were you, I would have kindly told that woman STFU and left her standing there talking to herself...I would have gone off and found someone else to help me. There would be NO WAY in hell i would have given that woman a sell. And just to piss her off more, i would have spent a shitload of money for the MA that did help me. Then reported her happy ass to the manager. LOL...sorry i don't like when people act like they're above you. Tell that bitch to get off her fkn high horse.

CrystallineDoll

MAC_Whore I am so lost by your continuation of the old comment. I didn't mean anything by it, what point are you trying to make?

CrystallineDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
I'm trying hard to give benefit of the doubt, but this reads like fiction to me. One or two kernels of truth, but the rest feels like a dramatisation.

It's not, it's all true. I agree with you that it sounds fake because of the comments made, but alas it is not. I love MAC, I have no reason to lie and make their employees look bad. Simply sharing a situation, not exercising my fiction skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.