Any NC30's around?

TDelicate

a lil quick help needed.. i'm trying to narrow down my list for the mac ff sale.. ive heard rave reviews about blushbaby but ive never seen/swatched it in person before - what are your thoughts on it? does it work for nc30's?
aside from that one, for my list of blushes i have:

ambering rose
trace gold
harmony

Sound good?
My eyeshadow list is absurdly long >.< i cant even begin to think how to narrow that one down.. gahh
th_dunno.gif

Honesty
Mulch
Twinks
Bronze
Antiqued
Coppering
Cranberry
Trax
Humid
Freshwater
Steamy
Knight Divine

TIA!
mac_wishlist.gif

~*~

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDelicate
a lil quick help needed.. i'm trying to narrow down my list for the mac ff sale.. ive heard rave reviews about blushbaby but ive never seen/swatched it in person before - what are your thoughts on it? does it work for nc30's?

I have it, and I can't even remember the last time I wore it. Personally I just like warmer, brighter shades - like Peaches, Pink Swoon, Fleur Power, etc. If I do go for a dusky pink, then I usually end up choosing Mocha over Blushbaby. So yeah, it's nice, it looks fine, but it's not great enough to make me reach for it over my other blushes,

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDelicate
aside from that one, for my list of blushes i have:

ambering rose
trace gold
harmony

Sound good?
My eyeshadow list is absurdly long >.< i cant even begin to think how to narrow that one down.. gahh
th_dunno.gif

Honesty
Mulch
Twinks
Bronze
Antiqued
Coppering
Cranberry
Trax
Humid
Freshwater
Steamy
Knight Divine

TIA!
mac_wishlist.gif

~*~

I'm NW30 and I like Blushbaby, I don't wear it that much because honestly I like "pinker" blushes if you know what I mean. Blushbaby is one of those colours that looks good pretty much on anyone though
smiles.gif
Out of the other blushes ones you mentioned, I love Trace Gold! It's an amazing glodish blush.

For the eyeshadows you listed I recommend the following:

Bronze
Coppering
Cranberry
Humid
Freshwater
Steamy
Knight Divine

TDelicate

Thank you two ladies so much!
smiles.gif

I'll look into Mocha perhaps? heh I think I'm going to make a mac store run and swatch this Blushbaby (&Harmony) to get to the bottom of this.
I'm very excited about Trace Gold & Ambering Rose though!
th_DANCE.gif

~*~

Dollfaced

NC35
smiles.gif

1.Neutral e/s - Mostly any.

2.Blush used to contour/bronzer - Sculpting powder in sculpt.
3.Peach blush - Fleur Power.. Its really more of a coral pink though.
4.Red lipstick - Russian Red is fine but I LOOOOVE Ruby Woo!
5.Nude lipstick - Creme de Nude is perfect. Brave New Bronze is also very very good but is LE.
6.Pink lipstick - Angel
7. Plum lipstick - don't know of any.

Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
So I visit the WOC section o Specktra a lot. It’s pretty informative as there is a lot of information for women of colour. However, there are not too many ppl posting that are around my skintone (NC30 most of the year). What looks good on an NC40+ doesn’t necessarily look good on me. So I thought I start this thread. To all the ladies (and gents) out there in this skin range, what are you favourite shades especially:

1.Neutral e/s (something close to your skin tone)
2.Blush used to contour/bronzer
3.Peach blush
4.Red lipstick
5.Nude lipstick
6.Pink lipstick
7. Plum lipstick

Most of the products I have are LE stuff so I thought this thread could help me find new favourites that won't be going away
smiles.gif
If there are more favourites you want to share, plz go ahead

1.Neutral e/s: Girlie, Haux, Lightfall, Next to Nothing
2.Blush used to contour/bronzer: Brun e/s, Smashbox Halo in Medium (I don't contour very often, I have a round face and it can look super fake).
3.Peach blush: Peach Nuance (Estee Lauder), Annabelle Blossum Blush in Peachy - And though I haven't used them, Peachykeen by MAC and Orgasm & Deep Throat look so pretty! I tend to stick with peach toned blushes since I started using them.
4.Red lipstick: Annabelle lipliner in Cherry, Fantasy Makers Enchanting Body Wand in Red + OCC Lip Tar in NSFW = perfect red lip
5.Nude lipstick - Revlon G132 Nude Blush
6.Pink lipstick - Revlon 130 Rose Velvet
7. Plum lipstick - Lancome Oh la la!, GOSH #86 Kitch

Lipgloss I use: Gosh Soft & Shine Lip Balm #36 Mocha - prettiest colour ever - my HG!

Not all of them are MAC - my collection is pretty well rounded and if I find a cheaper colour that works, I stick with it. Why spend $20 when I can spend $6!?

MoonGoddess

1.Neutral e/s (something close to your skin tone): Ricepaper and Shroom-standards in my book
2.Blush used to contour/bronzer: i love X-Rocks from the old Sci-Fi collection b/c it's both. i'm a huge fan of So Ceylon MSF for bronzer/contour but it's a rare find nowadays
3.Peach blush: NARS Deep Throat= LOVE! my favorite everyday blush. i've only recently discovered NARS blushes. they're booti-ful!
4.Red lipstick: the only real one of have now is Dubonnet which is nice but a brighter red than i would typically go for. still nice!
5.Nude lipstick: Spirit, Viva Glam V- my fave and goes w/ anything. any Bobbi Brown nudes (i think her lippies are awesome for nudes!)
6.Pink lipstick: Brave
7. Plum lipstick: this is my favorite category. i've tried every plum version available in MAC. for now i've got Amorous and used to have Viva Glam III which is closer but deeper plum color than Amourous

MizzTropical

My skintone ranges from a tanner nc40 to a nc30ish but my faves remain the same.

1.Neutral e/s (something close to your skin tone): MAC All That Glitters
2.Blush used to contour/bronzer: Too Faced Sun Bunny
3.Peach blush: MAC Peaches
4.Red lipstick: Neutrogena Cherry Twist w/ VS Beauty Rush Cherry Bomb gloss
5.Nude lipstick: MAC Myth, NYX Circe
6.Pink lipstick: NYX Strawberrry Milk, MAC Lovelorn
7.Plum lipstick: I like a light plum gloss, my fave is MAC Nico or Maybelline Grapesicle

thiscarmen

I'm NC30 in the summer
smiles.gif

1.Neutral e/s - MAC Brule
2.Blush used to contour/bronzer - Benefit Hoola

3.Peach blush - MAC Gingerly (it looks quite peach on me)
4.Red lipstick - MAC Russian Red
5.Nude lipstick - MAC Cosmo
6.Pink lipstick - Nice, everyday pink: MAC Hot Gossip. Hot pink: Girl About Town
7. Plum lipstick - Sorry I don't own any plums

CajunFille'

This is a great thread. I love looking at everyone's suggestions.
1. Neutral e/s (something close to your skin tone)-Grand Enterance
2. Blush used to contour/bronzer-MAC Sculpt & Shape Powder
3. Peach blush- Margin or Peachykeen
4. Red lipstick- Brave Red & I also love Russian Red Lipgloss
5. Nude lipstick- Freckletone
6. Pink lipstick- Syurp
7. Plum lipstick- Sophisto

ambodidi

Ladies, can I please ask all of you what MUFE HD colour you're using? I'm NC30-35 with peach and yellow tones, and need to buy online...which is hard!

Purple

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambodidi
Ladies, can I please ask all of you what MUFE HD colour you're using? I'm NC30-35 with peach and yellow tones, and need to buy online...which is hard!

I´m a NC30 in winter and NC35 C30 in the summer and I use MUFE HD in 120, I bought 123 online and it was too dark and orange, and since I use 120 I´m in love with it!

RandomnessWithK

I am still confused as to what color i am LOL! years ago i was Nw35, i switched to drugstore products, then came back to mac and was NC30... and now two different times i was NC35 and another MUA said to use NW30? i'm freakin confused!!! lol..

but i currently use NC35 somedays looks more yellowy on me than others
th_dunno.gif

1.Neutral e/s (something close to your skin tone): i'm still trying to figure that out..

2.Blush used to contour/bronzer
MAC Prism to contour or sometimes just everyday blush
ELF bronzer in SunKissed

3.Peach blush
I'm wanting to get MAC Peaches.. but on me peachy colors:
MAC Springsheen
NARS Deepthroat

4.Red lipstick
I think i look terrible with red lipstick lol so don't really own many..

5.Nude lipstick
MAC Hug Me, MAC Blankety, MAC Myself, MAC equality (very nude lol)
Rimmel Airy Fairy
NYX Narcissus

6.Pink lipstick
Pink looks washed out and nasty on me (my opinion)
but... I guess i'll say
MAC Viva Gaga + MAC Ample Pink Plushglass
NYX Tea Rose, NYX Indian Pink

7. Plum lipstick
i'm barely just venturing into lipsticks but i "think" this is plummy on me lol
NYX Hermes

Civies

Right now I'm using SFF in NW25 but I've been told NC30/35 at different times of the year so I guess I'll still do this
smiles.gif

1.Neutral e/s (something close to your skin tone) - Shroom minus the shimmer haha
2.Blush used to contour/bronzer - MAC refined golden. Haven't found my perfect contour blush yet
ssad.gif

3.Peach blush - Eversun is gorgeous. Love springsheen too
4.Red lipstick - I don't wear red lipstick because I'm scared of it !
5.Nude lipstick - Brave new bronze <3 MLBB
6.Pink lipstick - Way to love
7. Plum lipstick - Don't wear plum lipstick either!

goldenhen

I love this topic! I'm nc25 going on nc30 with dark hair and eyes.

1.Neutral e/s (something close to your skin tone):
I love Naked pigment and Soft Brown. I also use Wedge constantly to blend etc. I also love blending Shu Uemura's M Orange 210 (nude-peach) into Samoa Silk in the outer corner.

2.Blush used to contour/bronzer:
Cream Colour Bases! I use Tint to contour and Nude to highlight. They're both Pro I think but well worth the effort.

3.Peach blush: Style if you want a bit of shimmer - which normally I don't but I quite like it here. It's like a stronger, better version of Nars Orgasm. I also love Cantaloupe (Mac Pro) - perfect peach-tan-natural blush (no pink). Nars Gilda is AMAZING too but I'm not sure if it counts as peach... it's coral really....

4.Red lipstick: I love Russian Red AND Ruby Woo (RW is slightly bluer, but the biggest difference is the texture IMO, with RW being a "stiffer" matte) but also love Korres Red 55 and Mac Lady Bug for daytimes. Pro Lipmix in Red is a good red lipstain - more tomato-red. Lady Danger can look amazing too.

5.Nude lipstick: I only like peachy nudes - Peachstock (coming out with Liberty) for a 1960s mod look or Freckletone for a slightly boring but nice professional look (very "job interview").

6.Pink lipstick: Saint Germain is the most fun. I get compliments when I wear Lovelorn all the time which I think is weird because it clashes slightly with my skin tone... maybe that's what's nice about it though. Of the crazy lady brights, Show Orchid is a bit overrated, much prefer Impassioned.

7. Plum lipstick: Korres tinted lip butter in Plum

Also have you tried See Sheer with Ladyblush cream blush (or Illamasqua Rude blush)? Best colour combo I've ever found, something magic just happened! Looks great with black winged liner.

Shadowy Lady

Updating this as my faves always change. I'm NW25 in sff at the moment since it's still winter (or 118 in MUFE HD, Light 5 in Nars Sheer Glow).

1.Neutral e/s (something close to your skin tone): Blanc Type e/s

2.Blush used to contour/bronzer: Sculpt for contour/ Too Faced Sun Bunny to bronze

3.Peach blush: Cantaloupe (Pro) and Prim and Proper

4.Red lipstick: Ruby Woo and Nars Dragon Girl...or So Scarlet and Nars Damned for deeper reds. I'm a huge fan of red lips

5.Nude lipstick: Myth for super nudes and Blankety for everyday nude

6.Pink lipstick: St Germain, Snob and Pink Nouveau. I also love Show Orchid for brighter fuchsia lips

7. Plum lipstick: VGV SE

Thanks everyone for contribution
smiles.gif

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambodidi

I use 118 in HD but I'm NW25 now in sff. Try either 123 or 127

smashedseries

I'm an NC30 all year round cause I'm in Singapore and the weather doesn't stray very much from sun and rain.

1.Neutral e/s: KATE BR-1 Diamond Cut Eyes
2.Blush used to contour/bronzer: Umm... -guilty, doesn't use one-
3.Peach blush: Canmake PK-23
4.Red lipstick: I hate red lipstick. =X
5.Nude lipstick: Na da to this too.
6.Pink lipstick: MAC Viva Glam Gaga... And I know I know, but I also am in love with Petting Pink.
7. Plum lipstick : uh-uh.

That's about all... I'm surprised you didn't ask about normal blushes... My current favourites are Tippy and Ripe Peach.
greengrin.gif

chipmunkvoice

MAC NC30 mostly and NC35 sometimes. (Golden Beige for Revlon foundation and for MUFE Face & Body foundation ... i must be blind coz i can't seem to find the shade number on the bottle?)

1.Neutral e/s: so far Shroom (but im wanting to try Ricepaper...)
2.Blush used to contour/bronzer: NARS Laguna
3.Peach blush: NARS Deep Throat
4.Red lipstick: red lippy is a no go area for me
5.Nude lipstick: MAC Hug Me, MAC VGV
6.Pink lipstick: MAC Lollipop Loving
7.Plum lipstick : MAC VGV SE (is that considered plum? its more deep rosy pink on me i think)

GlamYOURUs

I thought you were NW! Hmmmm...

1.Neutral e/s: Ricepaper
2.Blush used to contour/bronzer: Emote or Harmony and Suntan Matte from Smashbox is my go to and my fav!
3.Peach blush: Springsheen and Peaches
4.Red lipstick: Russian Red
5.Nude lipstick: the Viva Glam one
6.Pink lipstick: Angel
7. Plum lipstick: Plumful

I am NC25-30 and NC35 in the summer.