Any Stila fanatics here?

iheartcolor

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseena
I think this would be bliss for u stila fans out there :

http://www.axonsg.com/stila/dec06/index.htm

Arrgh! I wish I could get my hands on all the neat-o exclusives there! I feel so left out..
eyelove.gif

july

I am really new with stila but so far I love it!
the Eye Shadow are with such a good pigament!
eyelove.gif

powderpaint

I loved Stila first before MAC, now Im geering towards MAC more but I'll always love my Stila Lipglosses.

Lipglass*Lover*

*~*I never strayed from MAC...until I tried the Stila Lip Glaze...OMG!!! They are so pretty, & they last forever!!! Not to mention they all smell so good!!!*~*

shortcake

LOVE Stila! There really isn't a bad product in the whole line! Some of my faves... Illuminating foundation, Lip glaze in Grapefruit, eyeshadows in Kitten, Golightly, convertable cheek color in Petunia... the list goes on...

MAC_Newbie

Ooh, I second that emotion! I love the convertible color in Petunia, it's pretty on the lips with some clear gloss on top.
curtsey.gif

Reenie

Stila was the first "high end" cosmetic brand I ever tried, all the way back in 1998. That was when Jeanine Lobell still owned the company, and while I still and forever will love stila, it isn't the same as when it was still in the hands of it's creator. The products are still great, but they lack a bit of imagination and ingenuity.

I was a bit bummed to read that she's no longer listed as the brand's creator on the website.

The beautiful brainchild of a celebrity makeup artist, stila was created in 1994.

Enough ranting though. Hehe. I think out of all of the stila products I've ever used, my favorite is the Lip Glaze, specifically Vanilla and Banana. I also love the Convertible Color compacts. I really like that the compact colors match the product color. I remember when they were all just silver. (*lol*)

Anyone else a Convertible Color fan?

iheartcolor

I *love* Convertible colors!

I have Lillium, Petunia (amazing bright pink!), Gladiola (gotta love orange!) and Peony.

Must collect them all! I would scream with joy if they came out with a new color.

I am also always hunting for that CC palette they made a few years ago, before I knew what stila was
winks.gif

-Lauren

kimmy

i just got turned on to stila thanks to janice and jamie. i'm soo stoked on the lip glazes and i'm diggin' the foundation so far.
smiles.gif

Reenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartcolor
I *love* Convertible colors!

I have Lillium, Petunia (amazing bright pink!), Gladiola (gotta love orange!) and Peony.

-Lauren

How do you like Gladiola? Is it super orangey? I really like the color, and I know it'll be pretty sheer, as they're all sheer, but orange is still kinda scary for me. *lol*

iheartcolor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reenie
How do you like Gladiola? Is it super orangey? I really like the color, and I know it'll be pretty sheer, as they're all sheer, but orange is still kinda scary for me. *lol*

It does sheer out like you mentioned. It isn't *super* orangey - but it is more orange than say, coral or peach. Maybe I'll post a swatch!
greengrin.gif

-Lauren

vandael

i cannot rave enough about stila smudge pots. LOVE IN A JAR. the older pots weren't too fabulous - extremely dry. but i'm in love with the new formulas and colors, especially jade and bronze. i just line my eyes with them and smudge my lower lid, turns out goooooorgeous! it dries really fast though, so i have to smudge on the quick. but a downside, the pot dries up really fast - maybe about 3-4 mos? so to combat that, i usually scoop them into sample jars. yay for product longevity. it's sad not being able to use it out of the jar though. it sorta takes all the fun out of it. especially since stila puts the color right on the lid. no need to turn to the bottom like mac fluidlines and paint pots. but as usual, you win some, you lose some. great product overall!

tinadudum

LOVE STILA!!!! When at Sephora, I walk straight over to Stila, even though I needed products from another line!!!
Here's a trick to the "dried out" smudge pots...
After use, close them tightly. Use product all around the pot, not just from the center. If still dries out, take a small piece of paper towel and then wipe off the first layer that is dry. The bottom layer will be moist, as it is protected under the dry one. Hope one of these tips works for you!!