Anyone else HATE mineralize eyeshadows?!

MrsRjizzle

I useto hate them! I would get sucked in buy them and then instantly almost get rid of them! BUT NOW! I am in LOVE with them! I use them with make up forever eye seal and their is NO fallout and the color is so intense! I only want to use them these days~

I am also loving the fix plus with the mineral msf's and stuff. I have been using msf as my foundation and loving it!

sharkbytes

Um, the difference is ASTOUNDING when you use fix +! For real, I wasn't expecting a miracle here because I was just so fed up, but I tried it out with Odd Couple from Electroflash, and that goldy-color actually looks like a shimmery, rich bronze and the purple is a bright flashy shimmer. WOW. Thanks so much ladies! I was really ready to just B2M some of these, but now they get a stay of execution
thmbup.gif

TISH1124

I love the MES..I used to hate them...Until I used them with the Fix+ .. Just makes the color so vibrant and they apply so much smoother.

MACLovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbytes
Um, the difference is ASTOUNDING when you use fix +! For real, I wasn't expecting a miracle here because I was just so fed up, but I tried it out with Odd Couple from Electroflash, and that goldy-color actually looks like a shimmery, rich bronze and the purple is a bright flashy shimmer. WOW. Thanks so much ladies! I was really ready to just B2M some of these, but now they get a stay of execution
thmbup.gif

LOL they were saved from the grips of B2M death.. haha..

Glad you like them now!
th_DANCE.gif

tanMAClove

i dont hate them i guess, more like i dont know how to work with the colors.

i have Sea & Sky, Polar Opposites & Two to Glow.

no trying to be racist or anything but, my asian eyes cant really handle blue?
i guess or i dont experiment

sfmakeupjunkie

So I agree completely that before picking up a few tips and tricks these were a hated MAC product for me but not so anymore!

After grilling my MAC MUA's here are my favorites.

1. Fix+ which has been mentioned is a good option.

2. Water Based Mixing Medium used to dampen a 242 brush is a better option and the color will stay put.

3. Using a base of Paint and CCB mixed together along with option #2 will yield results that will have you regretting every last Mineralize you didn't buy.

GlamYOURUs

I am not fond of them but I don't hate them either. I have only picked up Mi'lady from last year and Sea % Sky from this year. They are highly pigmented and great colors. But I don't think I would buy anymore.

iliang25

I hate them..I have only two and swore on not getting any anymore..I tried all recommendations but then this is maybe all user error..LOL!

iliang25

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanMAClove
i dont hate them i guess, more like i dont know how to work with the colors.

i have Sea & Sky, Polar Opposites & Two to Glow.

no trying to be racist or anything but, my asian eyes cant really handle blue?
i guess or i dont experiment

I can't handle blue either but it is mostly my preference. I don't look good on blues and it is so easy to go mimi!!! BTW I have asian eyes too!!

Sanayhs

Some I like, some I loathe. For example, I enjoy Heat/Element and Earthly Riches, but I DESPISED Ether. Traded that one off for Queen's Sin.
smiles.gif

NeSs_a_mon

I hate them. I have 3, family silver, Engaging & By Jupiter and i can't worth with them. It just ends up a glittery mess. I don't want them anymore =(

Rennah

I have 3: Earthly Riches, Odd Couple, & Pink Split.

I like Odd Couple a lot, but the fallout is crazy.

Do you think that spraying plain water, rather than Fix+, on the brush will work?

I will try using them with mixing medium. I don't have Fix+.

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennah
I have 3: Earthly Riches, Odd Couple, & Pink Split.

I like Odd Couple a lot, but the fallout is crazy.

Do you think that spraying plain water, rather than Fix+, on the brush will work?

I will try using them with mixing medium. I don't have Fix+.

Yes, water or mixing medium will work just fine.

rocking chick

I have all of the MES from MAC except those from the 1st collection (other than Whim). & I LOVE THEM ALL!

Favourites are definately those Flashtronic (Mercurial), Electro Flash (Two To Glow) & Red She Said (Threesome).

splattergirl

I have several, some of them I really like (bright like Mi'Lady which I paid a pretty penny for
drools.gif
) but some of them seem pretty plain like Mercurial, not worth the price.. and some seem really too light to notice any special effect like Love Connection, which I sold. it's just a subtle gold-type shimmer which I can get from so many other different products I own.
I see many are mentioning Fix+, since there isn't a MAC store available to me, could anyone please link me one of those on ebay, or some specktra sale?
thanks so much
yes.gif

breakingdawn

I bought one of them...I forgot the name. But it shattered in my checked luggage the last time I flew. Great. Regardless, the glitter went EVERYWHERE and it was SUCH a pain to get all of the glitter off my face at the end of the day. I'll be sticking with the regular eyeshadows and paint pots.