Anyone else hating MAC Online's Service?

pinktraits

I've had to finally send them notice that I'm going to have to stop ordering online as I have to call on nearly ever order because it's missing one or two items, which is ridiculous. They have the people who /supposedly/ check the order and yet very rarely are they ever right.
I know they probably won't mind losing one online buyer but they should know that forgetting to give you the items you paid good money for, especially in today's economy, is not acceptable.
Here's the message I sent in:

Hi. I've placed numerous orders through MAC Online and only two have ever come to me without missing items. I just got another package and it was again missing items. This will be the last time I order through your company as I just don't want your company starting to think I'm lying as I have to call on a missing items 9 times out of 10. I'm not sure what you, as a company, could do to remedy this for others, perhaps better check people as I notice all my recipts come with initials or check marks so they should notice when something is missing.

I actually do worry they'll start thinking I'm trying to get extra product or something because I have to call in for a missing item so many times.

Anyone else having issues with MAC onlines slow processing, missing/wrong items, rude customer service?
(oh yes, I actually got my first rude customer service today, the CS lines haven't been working and although I called the right number, pressed the right button I still some how got linked to the wrong person, no harm, they transfer me.. to the wrong person, she gets pissy and tells me I need to call "such" number and press "such" button, after letting her know that "sorry, I had done that", she then goes onto explain that their phone line is messing up, I get put on silent hold the kind of hold you think you may have been hung up on, when finally another pissed off sounding woman gets on the line to tell me that I should have called them to begin with if I was having problems with my order. Mmhmm, right. So she continues on "Ugh, do you.. have your.. oorrderr numberr?!" I swear, that is exactly how she sounded, I told her what it was, she verified my name and as soon as I said yes she basically cut me off in the middle of my very short sentence "So what's missing?!", I let her know, "Well, isn't there initials on it?!", yes, there's a messy scratched 'W', "Fine, it'll be shipped out second day!", I say thank you and there's a silence and finally she says, in a slightly quiet voice "Uh.. you're welcome... thank you". Oookay. Although not a TERRIBLE CS I was just amazed by any rudeness because they're usually so nice, somtimes a little bored sounding but I don't blame them for that.
th_dunno.gif
)

MissResha

Re: Anyone else hating MAC Online?

damn that sucks, sorry about that
ssad.gif

i hope i never encounter that because i won't appreciate it at all.

Skin*Deep

that is terrible!!! I'm so sorry! I no longer live near a MAC counter and do 100% of my ordering online. most of my orders contain over a dozen pieces, and I have to say that I have never had anything go wrong. =( I"m sad that you may stop ordering!! I once emailed mac asking about why my mascara seemed to dry out so fast and if they had any tips to help me keep it slick, and to my astonishment they sent me two free replacement mascaras without me even asking. I hope you get it worked out, let us know!!

IDontKnowMomo

I placed an order eight days ago and it still hasn't been processed. This is my second time ordering from Mac Online.

NubianHoneii

That's odd, they always have my stuff %100 correct and it comes fast too, being that im on the east coast. Im sorry about your experience.

s0_fam0us

My last 2 orders have taken awhile to process, but they haven't been missing any items. The last order I placed on the first day of the F&F sale, and I received it yesterday. A little over a week, so I guess maybe that's not too bad. I'm very impatient though. lol

NatalieMT

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences with MAC Online, I'd definitely get back in contact with them and let them know you are extremely disappointed with their service.

I myself have never had any problems ordering online, everytime all the items have arrived perfectly, all present and correct and usually in a very short space of time too. Maybe the UK online system is better I don't know.

pinktraits

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDontKnowMomo
I placed an order eight days ago and it still hasn't been processed. This is my second time ordering from Mac Online.

It seems that just about every order made through the FF sale is shipping slooooow. Knowing how busy this would make them you'd think they would have hired a couple more "sale seasonal" people to help make things go faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin*Deep
that is terrible!!! I'm so sorry! I no longer live near a MAC counter and do 100% of my ordering online. most of my orders contain over a dozen pieces, and I have to say that I have never had anything go wrong. =( I"m sad that you may stop ordering!! I once emailed mac asking about why my mascara seemed to dry out so fast and if they had any tips to help me keep it slick, and to my astonishment they sent me two free replacement mascaras without me even asking. I hope you get it worked out, let us know!!

It seems I just have bad luck. I wish I could trust them because really, online typically has the best product choice, all the sales, and all that (plus you can be lazy and shop from home in your pjs :p ) but I actually feel bad having to call them telling them I'm missing something, as though it's my fault. >_<
Glad to hear they did something so awesome for you, hopefully you had better luck with the two they shipped you.
greengrin.gif

sedated_xtc

Damn, I never ordered on the MAC online store until the FF9 sale and now I'm worried and paranoid about my order!!

It sucks even more that I'm in Canada and for some reason, there's no status updates on the site and if I want to chekc on the status, I have to call the 1800 number...which is a bit of a bother imo to just check on the status of whether or not the order was processed and/or shipped... =(

abbyquack

I prefer to shop in store obviously but in the event that I've ordered online, they've always gotten my order right- although I've gotten multiple items that were damaged. I still haven't gotten any of my 3 F&F orders, one is due tomorrow, another due monday and the last one? It's still pending a week later! I still will order from them in the future, particularly when I live up in Alaska.

nephthys__x

The UK online service has always been fantastic, never had a problem... except i once got someone elses order?! conveniently on my birthday!

MissMochaXOXO

my orders have always took about 3 days to process. i think ordering during a sale is kind of a risk now. they really get swamped with orders i guess and just mess a bunch up! plus it really sucks to have to call in a ''missing an item'' order because u know they think ur trash trying to lie to get free makeup! i cant stand that.

neonbright

Every order I have done except one I was missing one item, had a wrong item and was given an extra of one item in the same order.

spacegirl2007

its sooooooooooo slow.
i placed an order for BBR stuff at like 8am on the 9th. i just got my shiz TODAY. i think its ridiculously slow.

TISH1124

They made one mistake with me and it was to my benefit...they sent me Petticoat instead of So Ceylon...told me to keep it free and sent the So Ceylon out 2 day delivery. I have never had a problem with my orders or the service.

l1onqueen

I've never had a problem w/ on online order, thank goodness. But now I am a little leery about ordering HK stuff online, as I think they will be bombarded. I hope everything works out for you.

Zantedge

^^ I agree, it seems like lately there have been a lot of problems with online orders. Thankfully I've never had a problem... yet.

GlamQueen21

I've never had any problems ordering online and I do feel bad for you. I don't know why the lady was rude to you and that's not good customer service. I'm sad that you are not going to continue ordering online. Sometimes I'm too scared to order stuff that I really want and don't want at the same time.

HeatherAnn

I've only ordered on line 3 times but my orders have always been 100% correct.

jmac68

I placed my FF order on the 8th and it's still pending. I emailed and they said orders are taking a long time because of the sale,but come on.