Anyone else hating MAC Online's Service?

abbyquack

Re: Anyone else hating MAC Online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktraits
You might be able to get the Nordstrom counter to ship the items to you, I know I've heard of a couple people being able to have that done.
I've never had issues with Nordstrom and always get my order fast, correct, and the CS is fabulous (as long as you deal with the regular CS, not cosmetics CS, they can be a little catty).

As long as it's over $25, you should also qualify for free shipping! That's from the store though, not the website.
smiles.gif

Also my 3rd/last installment of the F&F sale still says pending.
thmbdn.gif
I called them yesterday and they claimed it was shipped on Friday and that I should be receiving a tracking number soon, but I still haven't seen the charge on my CC, so I don't know what's really going on. I'm just going to assume it's backup from all the orders during the sale.
th_dunno.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
Also my 3rd/last installment of the F&F sale still says pending.
thmbdn.gif
I called them yesterday and they claimed it was shipped on Friday and that I should be receiving a tracking number soon, but I still haven't seen the charge on my CC, so I don't know what's really going on. I'm just going to assume it's backup from all the orders during the sale.
th_dunno.gif

i ordered a monogram item during the F&F sale (haven't been able to get my emp. disc. on it yet) on the 8th, and still haven't gotten it!

edit: just checked my online account and it says it finally shipped! on the 19th!?!? WTF!?! its supposed to be here tomorrow, so we shall see!

X4biddenxLustX

Pinktraits & abbyquack: How would I go about asking about them shipping something to me from the store? Lol I just dont want them to think I'm some kind of weirdo and am making things up. I'm also wondering if Nordstroms online will be selling the hello kitty kouture collection? Cause if so I might just buy it from there so I dont have to deal with the issues MAC online has been having. But on the other hand I do have a free shipping code from a live chat for MAC online and I honestly hate paying for shipping especially when they charge you higher shipping rates as you spend more money. Grrrr!

abbyquack

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4biddenxLustX
Pinktraits & abbyquack: How would I go about asking about them shipping something to me from the store? Lol I just dont want them to think I'm some kind of weirdo and am making things up. I'm also wondering if Nordstroms online will be selling the hello kitty kouture collection? Cause if so I might just buy it from there so I dont have to deal with the issues MAC online has been having. But on the other hand I do have a free shipping code from a live chat for MAC online and I honestly hate paying for shipping especially when they charge you higher shipping rates as you spend more money. Grrrr!

I would just call up whatever store you want to buy it from, ask to speak with MAC, and tell them what you want. I am 95% sure it's free shipping with a $25+ purchase, at least this is what my friend who works there does, and I've been told by other MAs the same thing. My friend works at the MAC in the Cherry Creek Nordstrom in Denver and would be more than happy to help you out with this. PM me if you're interested and I'll find out when she works so you can order. She will make sure you get the items you want from the collection.

abbyquack

Oh and I checked my package status, it says it's shipped but won't be here til MONDAY! Whatttttt! Boo MAC, that's like almost 3 weeks from ordering! Oh well....

photogeek

update on my 'overnight shipping'/charged for OOS item complaint:

they're crediting the $28 back to my account and apologized.

that's it. at least it was solved within a few business days b/c now I have to wait 5-7 for it to make it to my bank account. I also would have been angry if they fought me on the "overnight" shipping charge but they didn't and are just giving the money back, so that's good.

nothing exceptional but at least it was dealt with promptly. it won't keep me from ordering MAC online but I just won't do it if i have a deadline or care when things get to me.
m

GlamYOURUs

I'v never had an issue with them until my recent order which was delivered yday. I was deeply disappointed. The package was intact and 2 of the 4 products were in good condition, however my Silver Ring and Cork shadows were um melted? Or super soft which was crumbled in the pot?
thmbdn.gif
I didn't even open them up b/c of the mess it will make. So I closed the box back up and shipped it out again. I don't know how that happened. SR is a VP and Cork is Satin. So weird. My Sunbasque and Dark Soul piggie were fine.
th_confused_new.gif

photogeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
Silver Ring and Cork shadows were um melted? Or super soft which was crumbled in the pot?
thmbdn.gif

aww! that sucks
ssad.gif

at least they aren't LE and you'll be able to get replacements?

that reminds me that I never order liquid things online (or sometimes even gel/cream) because the box gets left on our porch and if it's -20F outside then, yeah, gonna be frozen and have busted the usually glass packaging.
extreme heat is bad too but that doesn't really happen up here
winks.gif
not saying this is what happened to yours, but there are a lot of things to keep in mind about ordering makeup stuff online.

hope you get your e/s back soon!
m

JediFarfy

I've made many orders with online, and only once did I receive an incorrect item (MSF instead of an eyeshadow way back when they were first introduced). They were quick to get my item to me in a couple of days.

To those with issues:
It really does take 10 days to get items. The 7-10 days includes weekends, so if you ordered on the 8th and got them by the 18th, you win!
yahoo.gif
If you got them a little later, you can point your finger at UPS. They have 10 days to get it to you, and by god they will take every day they can. One of my packages took 10, another 11 (a 1 day delay because of UPS, NOT MAC). Their 2-day shipping is only $5. I will only ever do that method.

Also, what is the weather like in MD and around you? Last month Seattle had a snow storm for 10 days, and for 2 weeks, most UPS deliveries were simply not made. I had a MAC box sit on a UPS truck for nearly a week, and most of my presents from my Dad didn't arrive til nearly January. If MAC got your item out, it's out of their hands entirely. If UPS lost it, contact MAC, they'll probably overnight it to you, and demand comp from UPS.

Basically, sitting here and complaining won't get your package. Call them, ask what's up, be nice and understanding and PATIENT.

JF

X4biddenxLustX

^ 10 days?!!!

Whenever I ordered from them I always got my items within 4 days but then again that was during the summer when the weather was much nicer.

*fabulosity*

It happened to me as well.. here is my drama.
My message:

I am writing to share my disappointment with my last online shopping experience at MAC. I ordered 6 items, only 2 items were delivered. I called customer service immediately on 12/2. They told me that a manager would return my call first thing in the morning on 12/3. No one called in the a.m. of 12/3. I called again; I was informed the managers were in a meeting and someone would return my call. I came home to find no messages from MAC. I called again (now the 3rd time) and was told that my remaining items would be shipped 2nd day air. I am disappointed because I had to call three separate times for what I'm assuming is a warehouse error. The box I received was so small there was no way I could have gotten all of my items. I would think this was an important issue and that management would return my call expediently, but I guess not. This is has discouraged me from ordering online from MAC again.

Their response:

We are concerned to learn of your recent experience with MAC Cosmetics Online. You are a valued customer and your satisfaction is very important to us. We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns and thank you for writing.

We are sincerely apologize that several items were missing from your order XXXX and your calls to our Customer Service department were not returned as promised. It is very distressing to learn that we have not provided the superior service we are known for to a valued customer. We understand that your recent experience with MAC Cosmetics Online has compromised your confidence in our ability to serve you and for this, we are very sorry.

At MAC Cosmetics Online, every effort is made to ensure our representatives are trained to assist customers at the highest level of customer satisfaction and to expedite resolution. It is important to us that the fine reputation which we have worked so hard to achieve is upheld at all times. We sincerely appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience with us, and we will take this opportunity to improve the processes and communications within our departments. Your comments have been forwarded to the management staff, so that they may be used to assess the need for appropriate action.

We appreciate the opportunity to confirm that your order was reshipped 2nd Day service via UPS on 12/4/08. We have tracked your order with tracking #XXXX and according to UPS, your order is scheduled to be delivered on 12/8/08.

As a gesture of our regret for your experience, we hope you will accept the "Blacktrack Fluidline" included in your order as our gift to you. Please allow 7-10 business days for the refund to post to your credit card account..

We are sorry that your transaction with us was less than satisfactory and appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your experience and for giving us the opportunity to make amends.

X4biddenxLustX

Ah, this is must be so frustrating! I use to constantly hear and read posts about people having received great customer service with MAC online orders if anything went wrong. But now it just seems as if there all of the suddenly slacking A LOT, like with everyone's orders! I hope this gets fixed soon for everybody's sake.

I have purchased MAC for years but have always gone to the Pro Store or some of the local counters nearby. (I am lucky I have such access)

However my first experience purchasing online was last May. First order went smooth. Next order I received was missing a few items and I called immediately to report this. I was surprised at the level of service I received. I had no idea MAC would promptly ship the correct items so quickly! I was very pleased. Since then there have been a few times I received damaged items, wrong items, etc. Each times MAC corrected the issue quickly.

I have been ordering online since as I have become lazy about going to the counter unless there was another reason I was at the mall. I 'd have to say my only complaint is that I have encountered slow shipments for the last little while. I kept thinking maybe it was due to the holiday?

Overall the experience has been good though. I'd say for anyone having issues call or e-mail to report it! Give them the chance to make it right. I think MAC definitely stands behind their products and I would bet they wouldn't want to lose the business-even if you feel you are just one person. Working in inside sales I know just one customer can leave a huge impact.