Anyone use Smashbox

aziajs

I agree with frocher. Certain things from the line are great. Others suck. I like the lipgloss, fusion lights, skin tint, brow tech, and brushes.

Fairybelle

I have the highlighter quad, which came in the 'Bombshell Collection' that was sold at Costco a couple of months ago. It came with two shades of lipstick in a palette with a brush and three glosses. Although the quad comes with for 'colors' they are very sheer, and I think they remind me of the Revlon illuminance cream eyeshadows or the MAC Cream Color Bases, but these are much more sheer since they are meant to use as highlighters. If you are a fan of a more pigmented look, this quad is a bit sheer, but I like using it as a base for eye makeup and even lipglosses. If you like a natural look it is a good quad. In general I like Smashbox products for a natural look.

MsCuppyCakes

Thank you Fairybelle. I think she did get this from Costco. Great information!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairybelle
I have the highlighter quad, which came in the 'Bombshell Collection' that was sold at Costco a couple of months ago. It came with two shades of lipstick in a palette with a brush and three glosses. Although the quad comes with for 'colors' they are very sheer, and I think they remind me of the Revlon illuminance cream eyeshadows or the MAC Cream Color Bases, but these are much more sheer since they are meant to use as highlighters. If you are a fan of a more pigmented look, this quad is a bit sheer, but I like using it as a base for eye makeup and even lipglosses. If you like a natural look it is a good quad. In general I like Smashbox products for a natural look.

lilMAClady

Smashbox is a fabulous line! I've been using it for years and its definitely worth checking out!! Their eyeshadows are great!! (try Envy) black with muli- colored glitter. Fab!!

MsCuppyCakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMAClady
Smashbox is a fabulous line! I've been using it for years and its definitely worth checking out!! Their eyeshadows are great!! (try Envy) black with muli- colored glitter. Fab!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsnowwhite
i love smashbox
i havent tried thier shadows but i love their foundation and foundation primers.

Thank you both!

Fairybelle

Hey no prob MsCuppyCakes!! You got yourself the most versatile part of the kit! Have fun with using it as a base, highlighter, and even (on your 'au naturale' days) luminescent sheer color!

One more thing: Smashbox foundation primers are TDF!!! You have to try them. Even works on my sensitive skin!

MsCuppyCakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairybelle
Hey no prob MsCuppyCakes!! You got yourself the most versatile part of the kit! Have fun with using it as a base, highlighter, and even (on your 'au naturale' days) luminescent sheer color!

One more thing: Smashbox foundation primers are TDF!!! You have to try them. Even works on my sensitive skin!

Cool. I have a couple of Sephora GC. I'll check it out. Thank you.

MiCHiE

Does anyone have the Platinum Surge Kit? It's on sale for $39. I ordered it for days I need to grab some colors and go (which is never). But, I've never tried their lip glosses or cheek products, so I'm excited.

bellasera

Actually, I really don't like Smashbox. I have tried their glosses and cream eyeliners, and I didn't like either. I wouldn't buy from them again.

COBI

When a Sephora finally opened close to me (a little over an hour away) a couple of years ago, I couldn't wait to try Smashbox because I had heard a lot of good things about it. So I bought a 3-shadow kit (for about $32-$36). I was really disappointed as there was virtually no color payoff for me (I am ~NW25). I couldn't even get it to build. I have never used the shadow other than that initial attempt to try to get an idea of the colors I bought. They were dark colors, but I couldn't get anything to show.

nellpanda

I bought the "try me kit" awhile ago at Ulta. It came with photo finish primer, brow tech, cream eyeliner, lip enhancing gloss, photo op under eye brightener, and a dual ended brush. I definitely love this brand, and I will probably purchase a few of the full size products once I run out of the tiny ones!

Kuuipo

They have a kit out called Master Class 2. It has primer, shadow brush, baby buki, bronzer, a cream apricot blush (nice texture) an eye pencil,3 shadows, s and a DVD. These are nice sized products too.

Deena

I absolutely adore their lipglosses and lipsticks.Their l/g in Illume and Photo Finish l/s in Charming(the one with the sila-silk tehcnology ) are my HG nudes.