Anyone use Smashbox

Mandaz_Diamondz

I have quite a few Smashbox products and love them, especially the PhotoFinish primer, lipglosses, eyeshadow trios, cream eyeliner and brushes. I find everything to be of great quality and I really like this brand!

I have the Master Class Vol. 1 and was thinking about Vol. 2 but I'm not sure if there's anything that special in it, maybe I'll just wait for Vol. 3
winks.gif

MiCHiE

God, I guess the only thing I'll ever like from Smashbox is Envy. I got the kit and I hate it. Payoff is just not potent enough for me. The glosses are nice, though.

Kuuipo

I thought both Masterclass kits were worth the money ($59). I've been using all the products in the kits, the colors are classic, they travel well.

Also, for gloss fans, try 8mm. It's an opaque pink brown that is very sophisticated and looks good on just about everyone.
yahoo.gif

Pixygirl

I have a few things from Smashbox that I like alot some even better then MAC shhh ;-) ... There primer photo finnish is Fantastic I use it under foundation or powder for a flawless finnish, and it works wonders for clients with ance or other imperfections. I also really like there Silia Silk lipsticks I have 2 shades of them, and maybe 20+ mac lipsticks and I find that the 2 smashbox shades I have are almost always found in my purse.

I havent tried much else that they make, I wasnt too impressed with the cream liner when I smelled it at the store it had a crayon smell to it, but I just got a trail sized pot in the $9.99 set ulta had on sale (lip liner, gloss, cream blush/highlighter, multi color pot of cream liner, and a free tri color pot of eye shadow with purchase. lol I had a $3.50 off $10.00 coupon too so I only paid $6.50 for a nice set of smashbox stuff to try.
th_DANCE.gif

I'll let you know what I think of the other items after I give them a good testing.

Melly44

Ive always wonderd about smashbox i asked a girl in a thread and i forgot to go back and look to see if she replied!! so this thread helps me out alot!!...

i always look at the smash box stuff in the mall here and always wonderd.. some of there eye shadows seem okay but doesn't seem like they have a whole lot to choose from..

mydarlingkate

Actually, I am very familiar with these products... I'm not as big of a fan of the quad as I am of the individual shades, but I love using the off-white to hightlight right beneath the area of my eyes, most closest to my nose.. also, if you want an absolutely blended soft look for your blush, use a fan brush with a swipe of a coordinating soft-light shade and just brush it over your color... it blends even the mudgiest blush amazingly!

baybehbekah

i am a business manager and even though it's not where i want to end up in the industry, it is certainly a beautiful line and i really enjoy it!

shellybells82

I've recently started using a few Smashbox items. And so far, I'm in LOVE. I've been trying their Softlights, and loved Shimmer so much I went out and got Tint. I use their #19 brush with them, it was expensive but GOD I love this brush! I've also used their lip gloss, eyeliner, their primer... I won't be buying the primer again, just cause its too expensive. Their mascara primer is pretty good as well.
smiles.gif

corngrl2

I love smashbox's softlights (even more than MAC's beauty powders). Their foundation primer is also awesome. MAC does make better eye shadows but I think smashbox has a lot to offer in their other products. The cream eye liners are great (especially for people like me who are not that great at eye lining).

milamonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairybelle
I have the highlighter quad, which came in the 'Bombshell Collection' that was sold at Costco a couple of months ago. It came with two shades of lipstick in a palette with a brush and three glosses. Although the quad comes with for 'colors' they are very sheer, and I think they remind me of the Revlon illuminance cream eyeshadows or the MAC Cream Color Bases, but these are much more sheer since they are meant to use as highlighters. If you are a fan of a more pigmented look, this quad is a bit sheer, but I like using it as a base for eye makeup and even lipglosses. If you like a natural look it is a good quad. In general I like Smashbox products for a natural look.

i have this too
i have oily skin so i ve used i t only like a few times. but i think im going to try it out and then put powder over it to give it some staying power. i have their cream stick blush in infared that i looovee. and i have some of thier lipgloss, my sis loves em too she's stolen them from me lol
i love the 2 darkest colors that came in that quad and the one s that came with the brush. i actually use dthat for my last fotd/tut

lovelyweapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuipo
They have a kit out called Master Class 2. It has primer, shadow brush, baby buki, bronzer, a cream apricot blush (nice texture) an eye pencil,3 shadows, s and a DVD. These are nice sized products too.

i bought this kit and most definitely have been happy with it, with the exception of the baby kabuki brush -- it was shedding like crazy and didn't allow smooth blending. everything else, especially the highlighting shadow of the trio (the first one) was amazing as well as the photo finish. i also liked the midnight brown eye pencil.

anyway, you can also purchase a trial kit they have on their website that costs about $30 to decide whether you like the brand or not. HTH!