Aren't the l'oreal HIP products just as expensive as MAC?

GlamYOURUs

I love their BRIGHT SHADOW DUOS.
NOT the Concentrated duos. Yes there is a difference!
The bright duos are more pigmented than the concentrated ones. However some of the concentrated ones are good like Saucy which reminds me of amber lights and tempting.
I have almost all of them. i just bought another one today called Reckless (two shades of purple, one that is bright purple/fushia and the other a deep violet). They work better and r more brighter with liquid medium.

O and I always buy mine at Ulta when they have their BOGO OR at Walmart where they are only 5 bucks a pop.

nilt1aK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalSister19
I went to the Lancome Boutique on Amsterdam near 69th st in NY, then popped over to the FACE Stockholm store down the way from there. I wanted to get a bottled water and a newspaper and I knew a CVS was right around the corner.

They had a cosmetic clearance going on.
smiles.gif
I got Loreal HIP products for 75% off. I bought 8 Liquid Foundations, 6 powders.

So check your local drug stores for specials like this.

Oh, wow. They'd go bad on me before I could ever use them all.

Pinklady77

The only thing I really love from the HIP line is the Color Truth Cream Liners. They're so soft & silky & last all day! They're $11-$12, and I think MAC fluidlines are like $15, so they're about the same.

Joslyn

i have three of the pigments. they're okay, but once you blend them they tend to loose all their "intensity"

booo.

purrtykitty

Not only do I think the prices are about the same, but I think you get less product with the L'Oreal HIP stuff. The pigment containers look a lot smaller to me, as do the cream liners. And as for the shadows, I'd rather go to MAC where I can try the bright colors on than take the chance and pay for something less, not knowing the color payoff.

MadchenRogue

Actually It depends. I was at Walmart yesterday and their Duos are at $5.90 ( around that price) they have new lips glosses at $10 and change, they even NOW have paints in a tube. My guess is that they are trying to provide MAC like products but affordable to most.

Search Results | Walgreens

dietcokeg

i was lucky enuff 2 pick up the whole loreal hip pigment collection for 24$ on ebay..i love them, they are really pigmented, u just hv 2 learn 2 play with them thats all..they dont sell l'oreal hip here in ireland but no doubt it wud be ridiculously expensive.

Esme

I haven't used any of the L'Oreal products, but the can be had here for under $15, which is way cheaper than MAC shadows. The prices we have to pay here in Australia are ridiculous.

Boasorte

I love Loreal HIP duo shadows, I only get them from CVS when they are BOGO free.
Any other time, I pass right over it

Morena.Doll

It's better to buy L'Oreal makeup in say Target or Walmart.
You will ALWAYS pay more in a Drug Store (CVS, Walgreens, etc.)
But at least drug stores have 'Buy 1, Get 1 Free' or "Buy 1 get 1 half off.'

My HIP Duos cost $5.94 at my local Target.
Our Wal-Mart here doesn't carry the HIP Brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morena.Doll
It's better to buy L'Oreal makeup in say Target or Walmart.
You will ALWAYS pay more in a Drug Store (CVS, Walgreens, etc.)
But at least drug stores have 'Buy 1, Get 1 Free' or "Buy 1 get 1 half off.'

My HIP Duos cost $5.94 at my local Target.
Our Wal-Mart here doesn't carry the HIP Brand.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but why would you always pay more at a drugstore as opposed to Target/Walmart?

Laurie

Here I pay like 32-34 for the HIP duos and 120 for the MAC eyeshadow.. So, they're nowhere near in price. If you're thinking about buying the shadow sticks from the HIP line, don't! I bought the silver one and was rather disappointed. I crushed it into a powder and put it in a pot, when I did that I got a little better colour pay off, but had to layer it like crazay! And there was a tone of fall out with this, I literally felt it falling on my cheeks.

As for the Metallic duo, I have the silver/black w/silver one.. The fall out with the silver is AMAZING.. I swear, I end up with silver glitter all the way to my toes!! Lol

Overall though.. I have about 4 other of the normal duos and they work fine.

Soleil185

The most I've ever paid for a HIP duo was 7.99 (usually I pay less) and last I checked the MAC eyeshadows were more like $14....so it's not really comparable IMO.

The paints are the most expensive thing in the line as far as I know and they top out at $10-$11.

chocolategoddes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie
As for the Metallic duo, I have the silver/black w/silver one.. The fall out with the silver is AMAZING.. I swear, I end up with silver glitter all the way to my toes!! Lol

LMFAO! I totally know what you mean. I have the gold Metallic duo and I wish the glitter actually stayed on the lid because it's super pretty! Instead you get the glitter all over the place.

Might as well save up and buy those black glittery night shadow from NARS, At least the glitter stays on your eyes for the most part.

I will admit that the other side with the regular e/s is very nice quality... comparable to MAC.

Laurie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
LMFAO! I totally know what you mean. I have the gold Metallic duo and I wish the glitter actually stayed on the lid because it's super pretty! Instead you get the glitter all over the place.

Might as well save up and buy those black glittery night shadow from NARS, At least the glitter stays on your eyes for the most part.

I will admit that the other side with the regular e/s is very nice quality... comparable to MAC.

Yup.. I should have mentioned that .. The one I have has the shadow that reminds me of Black Tied.. I compared the both they're similiar.. Black Tied has finer glitter though and is more pigmented, however, this one is a cheaper alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soleil185
The paints are the most expensive thing in the line as far as I know and they top out at $10-$11.

I actually went to my local walgreens and they had all the paints on last chance clearance (or whatever it's called.) They were are $6. So is HIP discontinueing these? I was going to get one, but didn't.

Soleil185

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradiscolove23
I actually went to my local walgreens and they had all the paints on last chance clearance (or whatever it's called.) They were are $6. So is HIP discontinueing these? I was going to get one, but didn't.

I saw that too. They work great as bases so I bought Witty and Commanding to add to my collection. They're still reg price at CVS, Walmart and Target though, so I doubt they're being discontinued.

Morena.Doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradiscolove23
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but why would you always pay more at a drugstore as opposed to Target/Walmart?

It's not a dumb question, but I've always noticed that prices in Drug Stores are little higher than those in like Wal-Mart or Target.

For example I can purchase a HIP Duo for $5.94 @ Target, but if I go to CVS I would pay $7.99.