Armani Discussion

katred

Specktra Bestie
It's a look I'm trying to achieve lately. But flawless, glowy skin is hard to achieve. What does the sheer fluid do? Is it a highlighter or foundation?
It's more of a highlighter (or a blush if you used one of the darker colours) although it can be used all over for a "glowy" effect. I imagine that those with good skin could actually wear it alone with primer, but it wouldn't provide much in the way of coverage.

Stopped by my counter today and grabbed a couple of remaining goodies from the Fall collection- Blue Beetle eye shadow and the Rouge d'Armani 610. Because purple.

Actually, my extremely helpful sales associate (whose name is Chanel, ironically enough) convinced me that it was different enough from #604 (she remembered that I had it) to warrant having both. She knows me well enough that I figured I could take her word for it.

Miss QQ

Thanks. I didn't realise fluid sheer is an on-going product and that will be a new shade. Coincidentally, I was thinking about Blue Beetle yesterday when I visited a blog and read the older entries. I have Rouge d'Armani #601 which is a dark purple. Love the formula. I can't find #604 at the USA website, but there is #610. Enjoy your new makeup!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks. I didn't realise fluid sheer is an on-going product and that will be a new shade. Coincidentally, I was thinking about Blue Beetle yesterday when I visited a blog and read the older entries. I have Rouge d'Armani #601 which is a dark purple. Love the formula. I can't find #604 at the USA website, but there is #610. Enjoy your new makeup!
I think 604 has been discontinued. at least, it's been out of stock everywhere for a while now. It's a vampier colour (although it can be worn as a stain) and (I think) a little bluer in tone. They are close enough that I'd say that you don't need both unless you love purples and/ or deep lips.

sarabeautime

Hi everyone,

I happened to find Belladonna Highlighter from their Spring Collection (Effetto Nudo) on eBay for half the price so decided to get it ;-)

Here is my review & comparisons to some Chanel highlighters:
http://www.colormeloud.com/2013/12/giorgio-armani-belladonna-highlighting.html

All in all it is truly stunning and texture is to die for, it is just very expensive and contains only 5g of product which is a little bit of let down.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

I happened to find Belladonna Highlighter from their Spring Collection (Effetto Nudo) on eBay for half the price so decided to get it ;-)

All in all it is truly stunning and texture is to die for, it is just very expensive and contains only 5g of product which is a little bit of let down.
Wow, it looks absolutely gorgeous in pan. The swatch is not that impressive, I prefer Poudre Signee over it, I think.
And holy cow, only 5g! Lucky you getting it for half the price.

katred

Specktra Bestie
eek and yes, these HE companies are really pushing it ref price/volume.
I'm hoping they hit the ceiling on that sooner rather than later. I don't see a lot of these items selling out, at least not the Armani ones. Nordstrom has palettes from last year hanging around, or at least they did up until recently.

MACina

Wow, it looks absolutely gorgeous in pan. The swatch is not that impressive, I prefer Poudre Signee over it, I think.
And holy cow, only 5g! Lucky you getting it for half the price.

icon_eek.gif
...OMG, it is getting less and less.The Eccentrico Palette contains 8g and is at the same price tag.

pnfpn

5g is ridiculous. I dont think I will buy it but it is gorgeous! I'm going to be a bit more frugal in 2014 so this would definitely be a pass. I can't even remember how much the Eccentrico was in £!.

sungelly87

Hi everyone,

Can't believe you found it half price! I would've gotten it. $88 is too expensive for my taste...

SamanthaDeMuro

I use the Giorgio Armani Loose Silk Powder in #2. It's been out of stock everywhere for months. There seems to be only one color of that powder for now. Did they discontinue the rest? I love love love that powder, so I hope not. Does anyone on here know? Thank you.

Genn

Belladonna Palette is on Armanibeauty.com now. It looks beautiful but I can't bring myself to pay that much for a highlighter.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Belladonna Palette is on Armanibeauty.com now. It looks beautiful but I can't bring myself to pay that much for a highlighter.
I feel much the same way... I have to tell myself that it's incredibly expensive for what it is and on top of that, it looks fairly similar to Chanel's Poudre Signe, which I paid a nice chunk for last year. I need to follow the lovely Sara's example and try to find it at a discount. (I rather suspect that it won't sell out at that price.)

Haven

It seems too pricey for just the highlighter alone. I suppose if the blush/highlighter sold well from the last collection, that this may end up being the new trend with these palettes.

jebogewf

I couldn't help it. I had to have it, as expensive as it is. I know it's ridiculous. But it just looks so pretty. Hangs head in shame.

User38

I have a strange problem with Armani's codes for the matte lip lacquers which I love.. there is a number code, but sometimes only names are referred to on the products. i.e. #502 on Nordies website seems to me like it is Attitude but on Armani website it only goes by the number. Same happening with no. 400 on both sites.

huh2.gif