Armani Discussion

User38

Can't wait to hear your report Ingenue!

are you guys ref to the ETK mascara? Isn't it fantastic?

katred

Specktra Bestie

EEEEK! The more I read these reviews, the more I want to rush out and get this NOW. I will say that it looked amazing on the MUA at the counter. Rich, think, long lashes- and she said it didn't require very much to get the full effect.

Ingenue

My report is now up on the blog. I may like the Stretch version even better than the original. This mascara is DIVINE, omg. I love it! The formula is very clean, and it lengthens the HECK out of your lashes.

This and the original are my favorite mascaras... hands down... no question.

User38

yahoo.gif
wowsa.. so good to hear !!

Winthrop44

Has anyone found swatches of the Downtown collection lipsticks anywhere? I've only found one review of #205 and none on the others.

Ingenue

Are those the 'pre holiday' ones? They're at my local Bloomies... if there are no swatches up before I head back there on Friday, I'll take some pictures for ya.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Are those the 'pre holiday' ones? They're at my local Bloomies... if there are no swatches up before I head back there on Friday, I'll take some pictures for ya.
If you could, that would be great. I'm sort of confused with what's in which collections, since my Armani counter tends to have a few collections at once. I think we just got Fall, Downtown and Holiday this week.

Winthrop44

Oh that would be really great Ingenue. Thanks so much! Even if I did just blow the wad on the Velvets...lol.

Ingenue

I can't WAIT to see the velvets! I'll definitely swatch them on Friday then... I'm going to get my makeup done by one of the heads of the Armani makeup team (not Tim Quinn... the other one... the lady), so I'll take pictures then.

Ingenue

Thanks!

And they called to tell me that the Holiday 2011 Collection is in!
yahoo.gif
Without thinking, I want all of the ETK Shadows, one palette, and the purple lip gloss!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks!

And they called to tell me that the Holiday 2011 Collection is in!
yahoo.gif
Without thinking, I want all of the ETK Shadows, one palette, and the purple lip gloss!
Saw the ETK pictures on your blog. I absolutely need the gold/ silver one. I want them all, but that one I NEED.

Ingenue

Katred, that gold/silver one is DIVINE. I don't know HOW Armani managed to find the perfect blend of the two metals... but it came out PERFECT.

Ingenue

Katred, I meant to tell you... the 'downtown collection' is online, but I don't think it's in my local stores... at least not by that name. I asked about it, and no one seemed to know what I was talking about.

There are three glosses and six lipsticks... just like there are online, but it's called something else. I don't really know what to make of that.

If you like, I can still take pictures of the lipsticks and glosses, but I can't guarantee that it's the collection you're looking for.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks Ingenue, I checked it out on line and then when back to my Armani counter. What they have that made me squee is the Downtown collection (particularly Rouge d'Armani 608 and 609 and the dark gloss), but they don't call it that either. I ended up picking up #608 and I'll try to post swatches here. It is a really gorgeous, semi-opaque red plum. I've actually been looking for this exact shade forever, because everything I've found has either been super-opaque or too sheer. 609 is a dramatic purplish brown-plum and I suspect I'm going back for it. The gloss is similar to #609, but more purple, less brown. And it's sheer, of course. I was sad to hear that these are limited, because I think there's plenty of room to accommodate them in the regular line-up.

They haven't received the holiday collection yet, although they have some of the testers. My associate showed me the silver ETK and it is amazing. I already have one of the silvery shades from the regular collection, but I was super impressed with how this one sheered out. It could actually function pretty well as a highlighter under the brow bone to compliment a look, as well as on the lids. The only thing that scared me was that she said they're getting two ETK shadows- a silver and a gold. So the mixed one (I call it platinum) may not show up here. I'll have to order it from Nordies or NM.

Shypo

I love the raves on the mascara! Can't wait to try it, and I'm dying to see the new ETK and the palettes!

User38

katred.. I have most of the 600 line ls.. I need this one too!.. love those shades!

yumm platinum .. now that's a shade I only have about 5 of
ohboy.gif

C! the mascara is excellent.. .. I am also loving the YSL Shocking.. it looks like falsies on me.

katred

Specktra Bestie
608 is wonderful. I wanted to ask it where it's been all my life, but I can't figure out how it would answer me, since it doesn't have a mouth or vocal cords. I seriously have been searching forever for this exact shade. And I'm glad Armani did it, because their Rouge d'Armani formula is just so perfect. I really do need to try the gloss at some point. I was sort of disappointed that they were so sheer, but I still feel like I have to give it a shot.