Armani Discussion

katred

Specktra Bestie
Awesome! I hope my Holts has these too...I need to check that out soon

I'm sure they would. At first mine thought they were only getting the gold and silver, but then ended up getting all three. BTW, did your counter get the "Scarlatto" shade of the Rouge d'Armani (#406)? Mine doesn't seem to have received any...

Shypo

I have been thinking about trying the glosses again. When I swatched them when they first came out, I was taken aback and disappointed by how sheer they are, but I might go in for one for spring......

Any sightings of the Pink Tourmaline blush yet? That's my crave!!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I have been thinking about trying the glosses again. When I swatched them when they first came out, I was taken aback and disappointed by how sheer they are, but I might go in for one for spring......

Any sightings of the Pink Tourmaline blush yet? That's my crave!!

This was exactly why I passed on them too, but there are some colours with more impact. I also felt that the formula was too slippery to last, but it's quite remarkable. It feels really liquid-y when it goes on, but then sort of "gels" without becoming sticky. The more I try Armani products, the more it seems like they're made with magic. I can't figure out how they work, but they do.

Shypo

^^ Good to know! I'll check these out on my next venture to Nordies! I have to say that the ETK palette #6 is one of my all-time favorite palettes - it is amazing and so versatile. Love the texture and color payoff.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Anybody has any idea when the spring will be out?

Nothing so far, but I'm assuming it could be any time now. They're already behind a lot of their competitors in the US. I could personally use the break because I'm still trying to get my hands on the shades from the Downtown lipstick collection. I still have had no luck in finding reviews or swatches of any of those colours, other than the one shade on Best things in Beauty (#205). My counter got rid of all their, which is puzzling, because they had plenty of them in stock when I got #608. I've ordered #609 from Nordstrom and am thinking of getting a couple of the others from NM. Wish they hadn't made them LE...

Ikram

Gosh, I am no impatient.

I wish at least some reviews or swatches would finally surface.

peanut

I ended up ordering only two items from the spring collection: the Pink Tourmaline blush and the Antique eyeliner. I really wanted the Copper eyeliner but it's not in stock (odd). This blog post has some great swatches and helped me figure out what to get:

http://italianbeautyblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/armani-luce-eye-palette-2-for-spring.html

While I like the #2 palette, I've bought so many bronze GA palettes in the past. If the finish is really different I might consider it. I thought about getting the Pink or Rouge Gloss d'Armani, but neither of them look like the color Megan Fox is wearing in the promo. Does anyone know what colors she's wearing?

Anyway, I'm very excited to get that blush!!!

Haven

I caved and ordered the blush, the pink gloss, and the eye shadow palette with the gold & bronze. I think that it was eyeshadow palette 2. I was tempted by the other products, but I have been spending too much $$ on makeup lately. Have to show some restraint.

All of the products are up on the Armani site.

NikNak

Hey ladies! I have been lurking for over a year! I usually post on another board. Anyway, I got the pink tourmaline blush! I am MAC NC 15. The blush is light cool pink, has an iridescence to it, but it shines goldish in certain lights. It works on my warm skin. I will try to post pics soon. It is hard to describe. I am not loving it though! I even might send it back. It is very very light and if you are darker than me, it wont show up. It also has a good amount of shimmer to it almost looking a little sparkley. Am I allowed to link to my blog? It wont let me make a signature yet and I have my blush pics there. It would be a lot easier.

drchick890

Any updates on the Armani spring collection? I would love to see swatches.. Totally weird that there aren't any yet.. And downtown lipstick collection swatches either :((

katred

Specktra Bestie
Hey ladies! I have been lurking for over a year! I usually post on another board. Anyway, I got the pink tourmaline blush! I am MAC NC 15. The blush is light cool pink, has an iridescence to it, but it shines goldish in certain lights. It works on my warm skin. I will try to post pics soon. It is hard to describe. I am not loving it though! I even might send it back. It is very very light and if you are darker than me, it wont show up. It also has a good amount of shimmer to it almost looking a little sparkley. Am I allowed to link to my blog? It wont let me make a signature yet and I have my blush pics there. It would be a lot easier.

I would go ahead and post a link. I think what's generally frowned on is people who link to their blogs but don't really contribute anything else to discussions here. If you want to add photos to the product swatch thread, that would also be much appreciated.

I'm sorry to hear you don't care for the blush. I'm about the same colour as you, so I'll have to check whether or not it works on me.

Oh and

th_770016001157748873-final.gif

Haven

I received my three products earlier this week. After an initial trial run, I am somewhat underwhelmed by all of them.

The blush is extremely light. I had to layer it heavily over a darker contour shade to get it to show up. For reference, I am between NW 15 and NW 20 right now. It reminds me a lot of Pink Cloud by Chanel. Actually when I first opened it I thought that it was pretty much the same as pink cloud, but there are some differences. I can use this shade as blush provided that I pair it with the contour shade. There are also noticable sparkles in this product. I would suggest that anyone over NW 15/20 be sure to swatch this product (if possible) before buying.

The gloss is also very light in color. I like the texture, but it is so similar to every other light pink gloss that I have. I really don't see much difference between the look of this gloss on as compared to my many light pink MAC and Chanel glosses.

The eyeshadow quad is also somewhat dissapointing. I have seen gorgeous swatches of it online, but it really did not look that pigmented when I applied it. I probably can get a decent payoff from it, but I need to play with it a bit more. I will reserve final judgement on this product until I use it more.

I suggest that everyone swatch these products before buying if possible.

shadowaddict

Thanks guys for the blush reviews. It looks so pretty and I'm very pale but I don't want any sparkles at my age. I'll pass since it's not all that unique.

Kate--You have talked about ETK shadows so much I had to check them out and all I can say is OMG!! They are gorgeous but most of all they apply and blend so well and stay put without fading and so freakin soft. I bought the khaki one to try first and it is so pretty and looks great with so many other colors. I would love to see one with lots more green or perhaps I missed it if they do have a green.

Ingenue

I'm sorry to hear how underwhelming this collection is... especially the blush. Light and sparkly = tragic and ashy on my warm skin tone.

Looks like this will be a pass for me.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks guys for the blush reviews. It looks so pretty and I'm very pale but I don't want any sparkles at my age. I'll pass since it's not all that unique.

Kate--You have talked about ETK shadows so much I had to check them out and all I can say is OMG!! They are gorgeous but most of all they apply and blend so well and stay put without fading and so freakin soft. I bought the khaki one to try first and it is so pretty and looks great with so many other colors. I would love to see one with lots more green or perhaps I missed it if they do have a green.

I still have to get the khaki shade- it's next on my list. I went out last night and wore #19 (the gold + silver colour from the holiday collection). Even though it's more sparkly than the others, it stayed put like a trooper and didn't fade at all. I am 100% sold on these and hope they'll continue to add to the permanent collection this year. There was a rumour going around that there was going to be a green colour with the Spring collection, but apparently not. Hopefully a little later in the year.

I still want to love the blush, but I don't think it's going to warrant the price point. Armani are one of the worst companies for gouging Canadian consumers, raising prices way above what they charge in the US, which means that the blush is probably going to be around $70CAD. Too much for something I can easily dupe.

UrbanEast

I like the copper pencil, though I wish it were a tad lighter so it would look more natural on the tearduct. Because it's really creamy, it gets all over my lashes when I put it on my lower lashline. The color is nice though.

Ikram

I still have to get the khaki shade- it's next on my list. I went out last night and wore #19 (the gold + silver colour from the holiday collection). Even though it's more sparkly than the others, it stayed put like a trooper and didn't fade at all. I am 100% sold on these and hope they'll continue to add to the permanent collection this year. There was a rumour going around that there was going to be a green colour with the Spring collection, but apparently not. Hopefully a little later in the year.

I still want to love the blush, but I don't think it's going to warrant the price point. Armani are one of the worst companies for gouging Canadian consumers, raising prices way above what they charge in the US, which means that the blush is probably going to be around $70CAD. Too much for something I can easily dupe.

thats ridiculous price. I have seen only oone good review on Best things in beauty but she usually makes eveything look like must-have.

Latest posts