Armani Discussion

katred

Specktra Bestie
Went to my Armani counter yesterday. They were the only ones who didn't have their Spring collection out. Sigh.

FYI, apparently they are going to be reformulating their sheer formula lipsticks this year, basically revamping them as they did the opaque ones when they released the Rouge d'Armanis in 2010. I can't wait, since RdA is quite possibly my favourite lipstick formula.

Shypo

The blush was a bust for me. Couldn't see it, and while it was pretty in the pan the price point was way out of whack. I returned the 2 I bought for myself and 2 for a friend. Shame. I had such high hopes for it.

The eye palettes and lipgloss just didn't do it for me either, so Armani got none of my $ this time 'round.

Winthrop44

Today I received the Copper eyeliner pencil (which is more like a metallic peach) and I have to say I really love it! It's quite unique and as Best Things in Beauty mentioned is very brightening in the inner corner.

katred

Specktra Bestie
More info on Armani sheers: http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2012/01/giorgio-armani-rouge-darmani-sheers.html

meleftie

Has anyone read anywhere if they're doing any more Eyes to Kill for spring? I bought the 3 over the holidays I think bring my ETK collection count to 14. Beyond addicted!!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Has anyone read anywhere if they're doing any more Eyes to Kill for spring? I bought the 3 over the holidays I think bring my ETK collection count to 14. Beyond addicted!!

I haven't heard about any new ones, actually. I know that they were launched on their own (i.e., not as part of a seasonal collection) so I wouldn't be surprised if Armani did something new to mark the anniversary of their official introduction, but that's just a guess.

They finally got the Spring collection in at my Armani counter and, although I love the people who work there, I've decided that whoever stocks the counter is on crack. All the time.

- No blush. No sign of any blush coming.

- Four glosses, but I'm pretty sure that one of them isn't what it's supposed to be. I kind of like the Greige and Caffeine shades. The one that's supposed to be "Wild Rose" is orange.

- Four lipsticks, which aren't mentioned anywhere, but which include at least a couple of shades that were launched as part of the "Uptown Mauves" collection, which I don't think my counter ever got. And one of the summer pinks from last year.

I'm so confused...

suenoojos

have u guys tried the ATK 14
its a euro exclusive omg
its the best one out of th range imo !!!

im a big fan of their lipsticks 603 and 100 are my current faves
i havent tried their eyeshadow singles though
i use their bronzer in 01 to contour all the time

Nik88

I finally cracked on monday and bought one of their eyes to kill eyeshadows. I swatched so many and they were amazing. Finally I decided on 4 as it seemed very useable being a pewtery silver. And for that price I want to use it alot. Last night I ordered another two, 19 from the holiday 2011 collection and then number 2 the gorgeous blackened red, not so practical but totally gorgeous. I had to buy them seeing as selfridges delivery is so expensive so whilst I was ordering two of the shop mac lipsticks it made sense to spread the postage a little more!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I had to buy them seeing as selfridges delivery is so expensive so whilst I was ordering two of the shop mac lipsticks it made sense to spread the postage a little more!
Heehee!!! We must have the same taste. I have those three plus #3- the purple and gold one. They're all beautiful and, although they're pricey, you really don't need to use too much to get a nice pop of colour. I sort of liken them to pigments, in that it seems like once you have them, they can be with you a long time.

Nik88

Heehee!!! We must have the same taste. I have those three plus #3- the purple and gold one. They're all beautiful and, although they're pricey, you really don't need to use too much to get a nice pop of colour. I sort of liken them to pigments, in that it seems like once you have them, they can be with you a long time. 

Ha, number 3 was the next on my list :) Yeah they are pricey, but they will definately last a long long time

meleftie

I had to buy them seeing as selfridges delivery is so expensive so whilst I was ordering two of the shop mac lipsticks it made sense to spread the postage a little more!

#4 is a very versatile choice. I also love #6 as an easy go to. I find #9 to have the most fall out/glitter effect so use it the least.
I have 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,13,15,17,18,19. I use 4,5,6, 7, & 13 the most.

Shypo

Does anyone have any good recs for the Maestro singles? Apparently the 'old' #11 is no longer a taupe color but a purple-ish color......I haven't been able to get to a counter to check any of them out. Just wanted to see if anyone uses them, likes them and if there are any 'must-have' shades?

Thanks!!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Look what's coming for summer...

http://www.beautezine.com/giorgio-armani-ecailles-collection-summer-2012-photos-information/

I think that the palette is well out of my comfort range, but those EtK shadows... OMG... Obsidian Black (I believe they're listed in the order that the photos appear, based on the description) makes me weak in the knees. The face/ cheek duo looks interesting too, although the "seashell pink" side looks darker than I would have thought from that description.

Shadowy Lady

wow thanks for the link Kate. I still have a tone of the existing ETK e/s from the perm line to buy and they have to go add all these new ones that I also want, lol! Madre Perla sounds especially amazing!!!

shadowaddict

Quote: Originally Posted by katred Look what's coming for summer...
http://www.beautezine.com/giorgio-armani-ecailles-collection-summer-2012-photos-information/

I think that the palette is well out of my comfort range, but those EtK shadows... OMG... Obsidian Black (I believe they're listed in the order that the photos appear, based on the description) makes me weak in the knees. The face/ cheek duo looks interesting too, although the "seashell pink" side looks darker than I would have thought from that description.

Oh my goodness. These are awesome. I can't wait for swatches. I love the #24 Madre Perla. But seriously all of them are so pretty. The formula fpr these e/s are so soft and blendable.

I bought the khaki one and it is absolutely gorgeous. I'm so glad to see more colors coming out.

Nik88

Look what's coming for summer...

Oooooo thanks for that! New eyes to kill eyeshadows? Yes please, they look amazing

katred

Specktra Bestie
Here are a couple of links with swatches for the Armani sheers collection. I was at my counter yesterday and got a couple of things (including the Greige gloss I'd been eyeing for a month!) and they had them there... all wrapped up in their boxes and packaging... They hadn't received testers yet... I'm dying to see what they look like in person.

Giorgio Armani Beauty Rouge d'Armani Sheer Lipsticks - Part 2
Preview: Giorgio Armani Beauty Rouge d'Armani Sheers - Swatched

I swear, I think I want every colour. At least, I want all the plums. But everything looks so appealing...

cutemiauw

Here are a couple of links with swatches for the Armani sheers collection. I was at my counter yesterday and got a couple of things (including the Greige gloss I'd been eyeing for a month!) and they had them there... all wrapped up in their boxes and packaging... They hadn't received testers yet... I'm dying to see what they look like in person.

Giorgio Armani Beauty Rouge d'Armani Sheer Lipsticks - Part 2
Preview: Giorgio Armani Beauty Rouge d'Armani Sheers - Swatched

I swear, I think I want every colour. At least, I want all the plums. But everything looks so appealing...
Oh, I'm loving the orange one!

Btw, I'm late to this discussion but I finally have my hands on the eye pencil #5 from the Spring collection. It's currently the perfect undereye brightener for me! (As I always seem to need that from working in front of the computer the whole day :p)

Latest posts