Armani Discussion

Shadowy Lady

Here's a photo of me wearing Black Lacquer:

I'm in purple heaven. Unlike 600 & 601, which are definitely more plum (more red-toned- and still gorgeous), this one is purple. Absolute love.
You look amazing wearing this Kate. You may have just sold me on it. You and I have similar lipstick tastes :)

mac_aiken

I have one of the ETK in Lust Red and want to pick up 3 of the 4 new ones. What is the best way to apply these?

shontay07108

I played around with application techniques and I like using a brush. I used a Mac 217 in the crease with it and it worked great (with a primer).

mac_aiken

I played around with application techniques and I like using a brush. I used a Mac 217 in the crease with it and it worked great (with a primer).
Good to know.

I haven't seen the new ETK yet but have added Obsidian Black Seaweed based on your recommendation.

LeeleeBell

Neiman's must be getting the summer cllx before everyone else because I spotted it there here in So. CAL and a friend back east saw it at Neiman's as well (NJ)

I bought Obsidian Black..will post a swatch in swatch thread

Madre Perla was the other one that caught my eye - gorgeous pearl with light teal and pink shimmers/reflects. But I passed on it, since I rarely used other pearly e/s I had in the past

LeeleeBell

Also found this... She says that there are NINE new EtK shadows coming. We know four of them through the summer collection, but now there are going to be five more??? Somebody hide my wallet...
They need to bring back #14 and make it perm. It is my love
heart.gif

LeeleeBell

I got much better swatches this morning so I had to share them here too :)

look how gorgeous!

Summer 2012- Obsidian Black (click to see each image in full size)

No Flash/Daylight *by window*

katred

Specktra Bestie
I got much better swatches this morning so I had to share them here too :)

look how gorgeous!

Summer 2012- Obsidian Black (click to see each image in full size)

No Flash/Daylight *by window*

WOW. This looks EXACTLY like I wanted it to. I'm smitten.

Swirlgirl

Besides the new ETK shadows, I am lemming the face palette from Bronze 2012 collection, but on the Armani site it says that it is no longer available?
Does anyone know if it is really out of stock or if that is code for "Coming Soon."
Has anyone seen the face palette in person to know whether it is even worth the lemming?

LeeleeBell

Quote:
WOW. This looks EXACTLY like I wanted it to. I'm smitten.

It's gorgeous and looks so much more...black in store or indoor yellow lighting. In daylight, its true color comes out -- that deep ocean blue. Breathtaking
jawdrop.gif

mac_aiken

Still waiting for ETK Madre Pearl in the mail (UPS should deliver next week) but I got to see the collection in person yesterday. I thought I would get Ecailles but ended up with Obisidian Black Seaweed instead (#20). It is so gorgeous.

Miss QQ

Ladies, I'm so excited to share this with you. My duty free store in town has an Armani counter! I visited the counter today, but I'm not very familiar with their products. We don't have the seasonal collection - no spring or summer collection in sight, just the perm line. I tried the silk foundation and the primer. I also swatched a few of the EtK, glosses and lipsticks. The new lipsticks are not there too. What are the top products from this brand? And what is the luminous silk foundation shade for NC20-25 yellow tone?

Nik88

I got obsidian black and unexpectedly madre perla today :) theyre both so pretty i cannot wait to play around with them Eyes to kill eyeshadows are just amazing

katred

Specktra Bestie
ARGH! This collection still isn't at my Armani counter. The longer I have to wait, the more I worry that I'm going to run in there and go bananas with my credit card...

Miss QQ- Glad to know you got a counter! I'm a huge Armani fan, so I want to say that you could buy anything, but here are a few of my favourites:

- Their foundation primer is to die for. Seriously, the first time I put it on, I almost fainted, because it looked like I was already wearing foundation. It smoothed what needed to be smoothed, filled in what needed to be filled and evened what needed to be evened. I'd be comfortable wearing it on its own for a natural look.

- The Eyes to Kill shadows are pretty special. They're sparkling and they last about a week without smudging. (OK, not really, or at least I haven't tested them that long, but they're pretty amazingly resilient.) #4 (Pulp Fiction) is a gorgeous shade with some pink in it and a dirty grey base. It seems to pull more gunmetal grey on me, but on warmer complexions, it looks more taupe.

- Rouge d'Armani lipstick is one of my two favourite lipstick formulas. They have lots of pigment and last for hours without feathering or bleeding. Their huge selection of pinks is great and they have some lovely plum shades- from very dark to very soft.

- The glosses are also pretty neat. They're quite sheer, but they do add some colour. (Obviously, the darker the shade, the more it adds.) They set and hold better than any gloss I've tried and although they always have a bit of tackiness, they aren't sticky. I love the fact that once they set, they stay super-even.

aradhana

ARGH! This collection still isn't at my Armani counter. The longer I have to wait, the more I worry that I'm going to run in there and go bananas with my credit card...

Miss QQ- Glad to know you got a counter! I'm a huge Armani fan, so I want to say that you could buy anything, but here are a few of my favourites:

- Their foundation primer is to die for. Seriously, the first time I put it on, I almost fainted, because it looked like I was already wearing foundation. It smoothed what needed to be smoothed, filled in what needed to be filled and evened what needed to be evened. I'd be comfortable wearing it on its own for a natural look.

- The Eyes to Kill shadows are pretty special. They're sparkling and they last about a week without smudging. (OK, not really, or at least I haven't tested them that long, but they're pretty amazingly resilient.) #4 (Pulp Fiction) is a gorgeous shade with some pink in it and a dirty grey base. It seems to pull more gunmetal grey on me, but on warmer complexions, it looks more taupe.

- Rouge d'Armani lipstick is one of my two favourite lipstick formulas. They have lots of pigment and last for hours without feathering or bleeding. Their huge selection of pinks is great and they have some lovely plum shades- from very dark to very soft.

- The glosses are also pretty neat. They're quite sheer, but they do add some colour. (Obviously, the darker the shade, the more it adds.) They set and hold better than any gloss I've tried and although they always have a bit of tackiness, they aren't sticky. I love the fact that once they set, they stay super-even.
i was kind of wondering about the new collection...they had phoned me last week about a special event at HR this weekend, and i had assumed that would be for the new collection. but i'm very low on funds at the moment so i had kept my distance...LOL...

katred

Specktra Bestie
i was kind of wondering about the new collection...they had phoned me last week about a special event at HR this weekend, and i had assumed that would be for the new collection. but i'm very low on funds at the moment so i had kept my distance...LOL...
LOL... I had assumed the same thing and avoided the place for the same reason, but I decided to at least take a peek today. The little booth was PACKED, but when I wiggled my way in, the only new thing was that they'd made a permanent display for the Rouge d'Armani Sheers.

aradhana

LOL... I had assumed the same thing and avoided the place for the same reason, but I decided to at least take a peek today. The little booth was PACKED, but when I wiggled my way in, the only new thing was that they'd made a permanent display for the Rouge d'Armani Sheers.
actually i'm kind of interested in checking out black lacquer from the sheers after seeing your blog post, but i think i might stay away a little while longer...

Miss QQ

katred - Thanks very much! I think I will start off by getting a RdA lipstick, a gloss and an EtK intense. I like the glosses when I swatched them on my hand. I'm not a big fan of the packaging at first look, all being round or oval shaped, and I'm a more square packaging person, eg chanel and burberry. But I'm sure that is not a big issue that will turn me off the actual products.

As for the primer and foundation, I'll try them out first. I wonder if 4 or 4.75 might be good matches for me. Which primer was the one you tried? There are 3 primers at my counter - light master primer, fluid master primer and another one in the fluid master primer packaging but white, not black packaging, and with a pink tint.

The swatches on the official armani beauty website aren't very helpful lol.

Miss QQ

I went back to the counter and bought the RdA lipstick in pink 506 and EtK Intense #1 Blast of Blue. The lipstick was the last piece and when the SA showed me the product, there was a weird patch at the tip of the bullet with small bubbles. So we looked at another brand new lipstick and there was the same patch, only smaller. It was manufactured this way so I bought 506. Do you ladies have the patch on your new lipstick too?

Anyway, I wore it today and I'm very impressed! Love the colour and texture! It feels creamy on my lips but nothing too heavy or slippery. I was going to buy EtK #4 Pulp Fiction when the SA swatched Blast of Blue to show me and I had to get it. I'm having a blue and gold eyeshadow kick, and these two colours go well together. The gold shows up only as shimmer but very pretty overall. I may pick up Pulp Fiction and more lipsticks. I didn't buy the glosses yet, maybe I'll wait for a colour that I don't have already. I tried the luminous silk foundation #3 and it is too peachy. #4.75 was sold out, so I think I'll wait for a whiile before picking up any foundation from Armani.

katred - The RdA lipsticks are great! I'm in love, thanks for the recommendation. What is your other favourite lipstick formula?

Shadowy Lady

Mac_aiken - Red Lust is the one I have too and use it quite a lot. Burgundy shades are gorgeous on hazel eyes! I need a few more for sure though, I know I'll be getting Madre Pearl at the very least.

Katred - thanks! I'm following u now. Your blog is gonna make me spend a lot of money and I always like the lipsticks u pick

Latest posts