Armani Discussion

meleftie

I just received the 4 newest Eyes to Kill intense eyeshadows today (20 21 22 23). Was nervous after Temptalia's review and I do agree the black isn't wow me amazing but still very nice. These are so expensive but worth it IMO. Now if I could only track down the last few I'm missing!

Nik88

I picked up a couple of the news ones as soon as they were released and i love them I got 20 obsidian black, the gorgeous blackened teal, and 23 madre perla, wasnt planning on that one but it look so pretty i couldnt leave it! I have a few swatches and a look i did using them posted on my blog, unfortunately the pics just dont do them justice. I love eyes to kill eyeshadows, one day i plan to have them all :) [=http://niksmakeupmusings.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/new-armani-eyes-to-kill-eyeshadows.html][/]

shontay07108

I've only been using it dry so far. Haven't felt the need to use it wet. I've used Obsidian Black (the only one I own, so far) on the lid and in the crease. I prefer a heavy color like that on my lid and a color like Mac's Aquadisiac in the crease.

Winthrop44

I went back to the counter and bought the RdA lipstick in pink 506 and EtK Intense #1 Blast of Blue. The lipstick was the last piece and when the SA showed me the product, there was a weird patch at the tip of the bullet with small bubbles. So we looked at another brand new lipstick and there was the same patch, only smaller. It was manufactured this way so I bought 506. Do you ladies have the patch on your new lipstick too?

Anyway, I wore it today and I'm very impressed! Love the colour and texture! It feels creamy on my lips but nothing too heavy or slippery. I was going to buy EtK #4 Pulp Fiction when the SA swatched Blast of Blue to show me and I had to get it. I'm having a blue and gold eyeshadow kick, and these two colours go well together. The gold shows up only as shimmer but very pretty overall. I may pick up Pulp Fiction and more lipsticks. I didn't buy the glosses yet, maybe I'll wait for a colour that I don't have already. I tried the luminous silk foundation #3 and it is too peachy. #4.75 was sold out, so I think I'll wait for a whiile before picking up any foundation from Armani.

katred - The RdA lipsticks are great! I'm in love, thanks for the recommendation. What is your other favourite lipstick formula?
I have and love Pink 506 too Miss QQ! I don't see the patch you're talking about but I bought mine quite awhile ago.

Miss QQ

^^ could be the batch of lipsticks only, then. Love 506, it's like how I want La Distingee to be and not drying.

becca1014

I haven't felt the need to apply wet either, the payoffs are pretty intense dry. When I'm in a hurry, I usually grab #6 or #15 and use a MAC 217 brush to do a wash of color and to blend out of harsh edges. The SA at Nordstrom also told me that using your finger to apply and blend creates a really nice effect as well.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I went back to the counter and bought the RdA lipstick in pink 506 and EtK Intense #1 Blast of Blue. The lipstick was the last piece and when the SA showed me the product, there was a weird patch at the tip of the bullet with small bubbles. So we looked at another brand new lipstick and there was the same patch, only smaller. It was manufactured this way so I bought 506. Do you ladies have the patch on your new lipstick too?

Anyway, I wore it today and I'm very impressed! Love the colour and texture! It feels creamy on my lips but nothing too heavy or slippery. I was going to buy EtK #4 Pulp Fiction when the SA swatched Blast of Blue to show me and I had to get it. I'm having a blue and gold eyeshadow kick, and these two colours go well together. The gold shows up only as shimmer but very pretty overall. I may pick up Pulp Fiction and more lipsticks. I didn't buy the glosses yet, maybe I'll wait for a colour that I don't have already. I tried the luminous silk foundation #3 and it is too peachy. #4.75 was sold out, so I think I'll wait for a whiile before picking up any foundation from Armani.

katred - The RdA lipsticks are great! I'm in love, thanks for the recommendation. What is your other favourite lipstick formula?
I've had my eye on Blast of Blue for a while but my counter seems to have trouble keeping it in stock! I love Purpura, which is similar but gold and purple.

Sorry to hear about your "bubbly" RdA. I've never seen that on any of mine. I suspect it might be related to improper conditions while shipping- likely they were allowed to get too hot. It's just a guess, but it would explain why there was more than one at the same counter.

RdA is my favourite lipstick formula, alongside Guerlain's Rouge G. I find that in both cases, they take fairly regular, traditional colours and give them something special. My current favourite is Armani's 605, which is a pinky-plum but at the same time just surpasses everything I have in my stash along the same lines. (And I have a lot of those types of colours.) They really seem to have hit gold.

Miss QQ

katred - I think it's possible that the temperature got too high while shipping. Eeks, I hope the lip glosses aren't affected and start to smell. I got a NARS lipgloss that stinks and believe high temperature was the cause. I'll check out 605 when I'm at the counter the next time. I love Blast of Blue and have been wearing it a lot. I swatched Purpura, yes it's close but purple.

Miss QQ

The swatches are very pretty. My counter doesn't have these yet. From what karla describes, they sound like the RCS, lasting for 1-2 hrs and then leaving a stain. I'm not a fan of how quickly the RCS dries up on me although it leaves a stain. Some of the ladies here like the RdA Sheers so I hope my counter gets them and I can try them myself.

katred

Specktra Bestie
The swatches are very pretty. My counter doesn't have these yet. From what karla describes, they sound like the RCS, lasting for 1-2 hrs and then leaving a stain. I'm not a fan of how quickly the RCS dries up on me although it leaves a stain. Some of the ladies here like the RdA Sheers so I hope my counter gets them and I can try them myself.
I personally prefer the RdA sheers to the RCS, as I find that the stain they leave is more pronounced. (I don't get too much of a stain from RCS, unless I apply the colour fairly frequently throughout the day). I find the Armani ones more moisturising than Chanel. Texture-wise, Armani sheers are feel more like a balm, whereas I'd liken Chanel to a stick gloss format, if that makes sense.

Winthrop44

Thanks Kate, that's a big help. They all look so beautiful that I'm having a really hard time choosing one to try!

shontay07108

I bought #504. It's a very subtle darkened pink. Very natural on me, but perhaps it would show a tiny bit more on those with lighter pigmented lips. It's very nice, but what takes it to the next level is an armani gloss I picked up on a whim. It's #515. It's so beautiful. It, too is pink, but it has a multi colored shimmer to it. Little reflections of teal that reminds me of my beloved Mac lipglass Flurry of Fun (always wanted a backup of that). Just a gorgeous duo. So now I have 2 armani sheer lipsticks and my very first gloss. I think I will go back for more.

MACina

OMG....I have to check this one out!!!

I loooooove Flurry of Fun and even though I still have BUs it is nice to know that there is something similar.
Especially because I love Armani Glosses.

Thank you Shontay!!!
So now I have 2 armani sheer lipsticks and my very first gloss. I think I will go back for me.

katred

Specktra Bestie
So now I have 2 armani sheer lipsticks and my very first gloss. I think I will go back for me.
I just saw this new collection today and I have to second the love for #515. Even my gentleman, who really doesn't like sheer shades as a rule, was really stunned by this shade. I agree that it has the same effect as FoF, because the multi-coloured shimmer actually shows, rather than just looking cool in the tube!

Miss QQ

I can't wait to see the new collection and check out #515. The summer collection came to my counter but not the testers, so it wasn't displayed. But the helpful SA let me look at the new pieces and I came back with gloss #510 rose crocoite and ETK #23 madre perle. I will be using them soon! I will go to the counter again to swatch when the testers arrive. I also got a sample of designer lift foundation in #4, hopefully it is a good match.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Hope you enjoyed your purchases Miss QQ! I was finally able to pick up some items from this collection. I grabbed Madre Perla and gloss #511- Raspberry Zincite. I wore both today and I really love the way they look. Madre Perla is amazing. I think I was expecting it to look more sparkly- like the shades from the holiday collection- but it's very smooth. I also love that it layers really well and blends nicely. Here's what both look like on me.

I combined Madre Perla with Mac's "Moonlight Night" pigment, but I think I'm going to have to order "Obsidian Black Seaweed" from the US. Compared with the EtK shadows, even pigments applied moist can't hold up.

Miss QQ

katred - Very beautiful! Your hair is lovely too! I was choosing between glosses #510 and #511. The 4 glosses feel very fall to me, like the Cult of Cherry lipglasses. I am wearing #510 today and it is pigmented without being chalky and opaque. It feels quite sticky too but what bothers me is the fruity scent. It smells like subtle MUFE glosses (the glass tube ones), and generally I'm not a fan of fruity scent lip products - I like floral scent. I'll have to see if the scent grows on me before I buy more glosses. I am wearing Madre Perle too, with Gris Exquise, the grey chanel e/s single. I agree, MP is less shimmery on the lids and very smooth.

ETA: The gloss feels comfortable on my dry lips. I wear it by itself for a few hours and my lips don't hurt and the colour is buildable so overall I'm impressed.However, I keep getting the gloss on my teeth.. hmm..

Latest posts