Armani Discussion

cutemiauw

Ingenue - thanks for the swatches! I'm loving #28 too... rose gold is possibly my achilles heel for eyeshadow colors.

Ingenue

You guys are so welcome!
heart.gif

Katred, #24 is very dark. It's more of a brown based shimmer. #25 is more of a khaki green and the finish is a lot more smooth. I think that #24 looks better alone, and #25 looks better blended with something else. Just my opinion. I'd base the choice on what kind of color you want. If you're partial to stronger brown shimmers, get #24. If you want more a khaki green finish, get #25.

You know I'm a sucker for these shadows, so I got them all.
lol.gif

Shypo

Oh my! New ones! I love 27, 28, and 29! And maybe 26...... And of course, they're not up on the Armani site while there's 20% off........

Miss QQ

karlasugar has swatches of the 6 rouge d'armani sheers and 6 glosses. No swatches of the etk though.

http://karlasugar.net/2012/06/armani-skin-lacquers/

katred

Specktra Bestie
karlasugar has swatches of the 6 rouge d'armani sheers and 6 glosses. No swatches of the etk though.

http://karlasugar.net/2012/06/armani-skin-lacquers/
I'm amazed at how opaque she got those swatches! They really looked much more sheer to me, but it's nice to know the colour can be built up. I really like 505 and 515 as a pairing for my colour. Not that I need more, but you know... addiction...

Miss QQ

Is 505 quite cool and pale? It's pretty but it may be too pale for me. I like how 515 looks in the swatch!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Is 505 quite cool and pale? It's pretty but it may be too pale for me. I like how 515 looks in the swatch!
It leans a bit cool, but it's sheer enough that I think it would adapt to any lip colour. 503 is cooler and 504 is quite a bit warmer- I didn't find it worked terribly well on me. 515 is just gorgeous. Very wearable, but the blue sparkle gives it a little something extra- like you have tiny drops of water sparkling on your lips.

Shypo

I just ordered 505, 201 and 3 more glosses from Armani.com with the F&F discount and my eBates. 515 is indeed the bomb - I might even get a backup. I ordered 513, 514 and 517. I wish they'd put the new ETKI up, but I went ahead and ordered them from Nordstorm this morning.

katred

Specktra Bestie
More swatches, courtesy of the Beauty Look Book:

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2012/07/giorgio-armani-eyes-to-kill-intense.html

None of these swatches are making it any easier for me to choose. Every time I see photos, I want more of them. Even that last one, which looks like some of the existing shades, reminds me that I never picked up any of the light shades, other than the silver/ gold mix from the holiday collection.

shontay07108

I played with the new ETK shadows the other day. I walked away with nothing. I was into shades 25 & 27, but I didn't flip out enough to merit the purchase. Bummer.

Almus

Oh noes! 25 and 28 look wonderful. I hate these moments when I realize there is no Armani counter around or online store where I can get them
cry.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
I got to meet them yesterday!! I almost wish I hadn't, because I have difficulty figuring out which ones, if any, I don't want. (And wouldn't you know it, my counter restocked Obsidian Black Seaweed, which I know I need.) I grabbed a quick picture with my phone, which in no way does these justice.

Left (top to bottom):
#27 Oxidised Silver (this was such a pretty purple on me!)
#26 Carat Gold (this one did look a lot like Khaki Pulse, #6 to me, but I didn't think to swatch them side-by-side)
#29 Rose Titanium (I agree that this is probably the most dupe-able shade. It reminds me quite a bit of Mac's Pink Freeze shadow.)

Right (top to bottom)
#25 Rusted Gold (I think this one was my favourite. Incredible.)
#24 Smoky Copper (On me, #24 and #25 were quite distinct from one another. This one was a lot darker. Both are beautiful.)
#28 Red Platine (OK, maybe this one was my favourite.)

I thought that these were going to be permanent, but my associate says they're all limited. If they sell well, they might be added to the permanent assortment later on. I have my fingers crossed, because while I'm 100% sure I want at least #25 and #28, I'd like to be able to get more of them.

Ingenue

Great Swatches!

I love how they look so different on everyone! I think that #27 and #28 are my favorites.

katred

Specktra Bestie
^ Thanks! I find that, while the ETK shades are fairly opaque (unless you sheer them out on purpose), they do have a tendency to draw colours from the wearer's individual complexion. I find this means that almost all the colours are adaptable to any face... So it's easier for us to buy lots.

My associate couldn't give me any details, but she also said that they were getting their Fall collection "in a few weeks". I guess it'll be a surprise...

Miss QQ

thanks for the swatches and description, katred! These ETKs look so pretty, and they look different on different skin, so I can't wait to swatch them myself. Right now I want 28. There is only one counter in my country and they are out of stocks for many items. I really hope they stock them up and also on the new items too, like the new ETKs and glosses, and even the sheer lipsticks.

Almus

Thank you katred. According to the swatches I've seen so far, Red Platine does not look too "red" at all, but a warm rosy-brown instead. Red-ish eyeshadows tend to make my eyes look sick and congested, that's why I avoid them.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thank you katred. According to the swatches I've seen so far, Red Platine does not look too "red" at all, but a warm rosy-brown instead. Red-ish eyeshadows tend to make my eyes look sick and congested, that's why I avoid them.
I would describe Red Platine as a plum shade, sort of in the same vein as Mac's Star Violet (which is pinker) or Sable (which is browner).

katred

Specktra Bestie
I picked up Rouge Platine today and Obsidian Black Seaweed, which they miraculously restocked. Definitely going back for more... AND...

I persuaded my associate to let me look at her folder for Fall. Here's what I remember (I had to take all this in quickly):

- There is a new foundation coming
- The highlight of the collection will be two (possibly three) palettes with three powder shadows and a blush/ highlighter included.
- One of the palettes features more neutral shades- looked like a gold/ silver/ black combo and a highlight powder in beige
- Second palette had slightly deeper, warmer, plummy shades and a highlighter/ blush called Rose
- There may have been a third palette in special packaging, but the way it was laid out in the folder wasn't clear- my associate couldn't tell either.
- There are three new Rouge d'Armani shades:
- A deep, slightly rosy beige
- A warm, deep burgundy-red
- A dark purpled berry
- There are two long-lasting eye liners in black and plum

Everything is limited edition.

That's all I remember- there may have been more, but the collection seemed very "concise"- smaller but very classy looking. I'm all over the lipsticks. Both palettes looked nice, although I'm guessing they'll be pricey.

The collection will be in stores in August, but she wasn't sure when.

Miss QQ

^^ Thanks for the Fall updates! I am curious to see the palettes, maybe the warm, plummy one will be mine, or the one in the special packaging depending on the colours. There is another ETK called Rouge Platine? I want Red Platine if it is plum and not red on me. I have Chanel Ebloui illusion d'ombre, brown red, and it is sufficient for me. I don't like that Armani doesn't print the names on the product as well as the packaging, yet they name the colours which just adds to my confusion. I'm no good with numbers.