Armani Discussion

Shadowy Lady

Sorry guys if this has been answered already, I didn't read the whole thread. But the ETK eyeshadows that were released in the summer, were they LE? I wanna get #27 and #28

katred

Specktra Bestie
Sorry guys if this has been answered already, I didn't read the whole thread. But the ETK eyeshadows that were released in the summer, were they LE? I wanna get #27 and #28
The documents they sent to stores lists them as LE, at least in Canada. My associate said there was a good chance that the most popular colours might be made permanent, but nothing is certain yet.

Winthrop44

^^ Thanks for the Fall updates! I am curious to see the palettes, maybe the warm, plummy one will be mine, or the one in the special packaging depending on the colours. There is another ETK called Rouge Platine? I want Red Platine if it is plum and not red on me. I have Chanel Ebloui illusion d'ombre, brown red, and it is sufficient for me. I don't like that Armani doesn't print the names on the product as well as the packaging, yet they name the colours which just adds to my confusion. I'm no good with numbers.
I got my #28 Red Platine today and I think Sabrina's jar pic is very accurate (at least on my monitor). Like katred said the "burgundy" bits are more plum rather than red, in fact in natural light they look almost rosy pink in my jar.

cutemiauw

This is so confusing to me. I didn't know whether we had them and it's sold out already or we hadn't had them yet. I checked a couple of weeks ago at the counter and there weren't any. But I checked on the online store, and there's only #29. Not sure it meant everything had sold out already, or it's not there yet.
blink.gif

MACina

Douglas had # 25,27,28 and 29 available online.At the moment only # 29 is left.....I am not sure if they will restock.
This is so confusing to me. I didn't know whether we had them and it's sold out already or we hadn't had them yet. I checked a couple of weeks ago at the counter and there weren't any. But I checked on the online store, and there's only #29. Not sure it meant everything had sold out already, or it's not there yet.
blink.gif

cutemiauw

Grrr... that means I'm too late then. Maybe I'll go to KaDeWe today and check if they still have something... Thanks for the info, MACina :)

MACina

I hope that you get them there!

You could also check Breuninger from time to time.They often get the collections later than Douglas.

Grrr... that means I'm too late then. Maybe I'll go to KaDeWe today and check if they still have something... Thanks for the info, MACina :)

katred

Specktra Bestie
What is the shelf life of ETK?
Not sure there is one, strictly speaking. They're a powder, so I don't think they'd go off. At least I hope they won't, because you really don't need to use much of them, so I'm likely to be buried with the ones I have.

cutemiauw

Found the #28 in KaDeWe! But I'm on the fence on this as it looks really glittery when I swatched it on my hand. I haven't tried any ETK yet, so I wonder if it also meant the glitter would translate on the eyes too? Or would it be less glittery somehow? (hoping for this answer)

MACina

pompom.gif
.....how nice that you were able to get it!

I do not have the # 28 but I do not find the EtK that I own too glittery.But I have to admit that I like (some) glitter!Maybe that is the reason....

Found the #28 in KaDeWe! But I'm on the fence on this as it looks really glittery when I swatched it on my hand. I haven't tried any ETK yet, so I wonder if it also meant the glitter would translate on the eyes too? Or would it be less glittery somehow? (hoping for this answer)

katred

Specktra Bestie
Tried out Red Platine today! It is very sparkly, but I don't find it "glittery". There is a very little bit of fallout I get with all these shadows, but it's pretty easy to brush away. I think what I liked the most was how securely the little sparkly bits adhered once the powder had set- nothing ended up over my cheeks or on my temples and I had the same, slightly sparkly look hours later as I did five minutes after application.

I am a huge fan of these and I know I'm going to go back for more shades in this launch.

Here's how it looked on me (shot is taken with flash). Red Platine is on the outer 1/3 of my lids and in the crease.

MACina

Very beautiful Katred....I really like your look!

I only got # 25 and # 27 and love them both a lot!
# 24 appeals to me too but this one was/is not available online.And I do also like # 29 but I am unsure if it is a "must".What do you think?

Tried out Red Platine today! It is very sparkly, but I don't find it "glittery". There is a very little bit of fallout I get with all these shadows, but it's pretty easy to brush away. I think what I liked the most was how securely the little sparkly bits adhered once the powder had set- nothing ended up over my cheeks or on my temples and I had the same, slightly sparkly look hours later as I did five minutes after application.

I am a huge fan of these and I know I'm going to go back for more shades in this launch.

Here's how it looked on me (shot is taken with flash). Red Platine is on the outer 1/3 of my lids and in the crease.

Miss QQ

Gorgeous, katred! What did you pair it with? I need to bring Ebloui to the counter to swatch them side by side. I was at the counter yesterday but no one has any idea when this collection will launch. I finally got to see the full summer collection with Obsidian Black etc. It is very pretty, like Black Pearl, but I think I don't wear this colour on my eyes much, so I passed. Mainly, I am trying to save for the new collection. I want 24, 26, 27 and 28 but I need to swatch them myself. I also want the 505 sheer lipstick and 515 gloss! MACina - I like 29 too but it seems dupable. But it's so pretty! Do you have dupes of it?

MACina

Not really....I have # 10 and # 12 which may have a similar shimmer/finish but a different color of course.
I just do not know if I need another EtK with this finish.I like them but do not use them as much as I use my other ones.

MACina - I like 29 too but it seems dupable. But it's so pretty! Do you have dupes of it?

Haven

Not sure there is one, strictly speaking. They're a powder, so I don't think they'd go off. At least I hope they won't, because you really don't need to use much of them, so I'm likely to be buried with the ones I have.
Thank you!

I keep debating which colors/numbers to try. I really like the look of the collection with obsidian black, but I also like all of the new ones. I don't want to purchase a lot of them, and then have them "turn" in six months.

Miss QQ

^^ Do you mean Fantasme? I have it, and it is glittery with a transparent base. 29 looks more opaque and frosty in the swatches.

Anneri

Shoot, I'm too late too then!
But I looked for them at the huge Douglas we have, and nothing there. Maybe I'll catch them later...

Haven

^^ Do you mean Fantasme? I have it, and it is glittery with a transparent base. 29 looks more opaque and frosty in the swatches.
I would get 29 to use as a higlighter for eye looks. I think that it would be too frosty to use all over the lid - at least for me. I am trying to narrow down my list of ETK that I want.

Right now I want 10
wtff.gif
of them. I want all of the collection that includes the obsidian black and all of the new ones. I know that is too many, so I am trying to find reasons to take some off the list. Plus 10 would be too much $$. I just wish that they were permanent instead of LE so that I wouldn't have to feel the time pressure.