Armani Discussion

Shypo

Kate - beautiful!!! I love the gloss on you - I was tempted to get it, but I agree with Miss QQ - it seems a very fall-like color to me, but it looks stunning and very 'current' on you!

Madra Perla is one of my favorite ETKI - so beautiful. And I also got the Obsidian Black Seaweed and I have to say I have nothing remotely like it. Wow.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks ladies. I posted a more detailed review and swatches here:

http://morelikespace.blogspot.ca/2012/06/making-faces-armanis-summer-sirens.html

I'm definitely going to have to get my hands on Obsidian Black Seaweed. Nordstrom still has it, along with a bunch of other Armani products I want, so I guess I'll be doing an order from them. It's a bit irksome, because I had an issue with my credit card getting compromised a while back and I still have trouble sometimes with international ordering. Wish they took PayPal. Then again, I wish everyone took PayPal...

And Miss QQ- I did find that the Armani glosses also had great wear time on my teeth. Crazy, but it actually did cling more than a regular gloss.

Miss QQ

^^ LOL I agree, I had to wipe really hard to get the gloss off my teeth. The look you did is beautiful! I love how raspberry zincite looks on you. Do you have pigmented lips? Mine are and I don't know if the colour will look darker on me.

I am interested in Obsidian Black Seaweed too and will get it if it looks like Chanel Black Pearl. If the testers are in I'll give everything a swatch this weekend. No sign of the Rouge d'Armani Sheer yet, very disappointing.

Ingenue

Hope you enjoyed your purchases Miss QQ! I was finally able to pick up some items from this collection. I grabbed Madre Perla and gloss #511- Raspberry Zincite. I wore both today and I really love the way they look. Madre Perla is amazing. I think I was expecting it to look more sparkly- like the shades from the holiday collection- but it's very smooth. I also love that it layers really well and blends nicely. Here's what both look like on me.

I combined Madre Perla with Mac's "Moonlight Night" pigment, but I think I'm going to have to order "Obsidian Black Seaweed" from the US. Compared with the EtK shadows, even pigments applied moist can't hold up.

Whoa..when did you go blonde? See, this is proof that I don't post here enough. I love it! Love the makeup look too!

My Armani rep called me to inform me that she has the new ETK's in. I'm going to look at them tomorrow. And then I have IMATS on Saturday...

Say a little prayer for my wallet.
ohboy.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Whoa..when did you go blonde? See, this is proof that I don't post here enough. I love it! Love the makeup look too!

My Armani rep called me to inform me that she has the new ETK's in. I'm going to look at them tomorrow. And then I have IMATS on Saturday...

Say a little prayer for my wallet.
ohboy.gif
Thanks! The hair has been a sort of ongoing process. It went from black to dark red to coppery blonde to medium blonde... I have no idea when it'll stop (hopefully before I damage by hair so badly it falls out).

I'm dying to see what the new ETK look like. Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

Miss QQ- That's shocking that the sheers haven't arrived yet. with the "Skin Lacquers" collection, they're already into the second round here.

I'm still finding myself strangely drawn to some of the "Skin Lacquers" shades, although I'm not sure why (possibly because I'm a fool for Armani in general). Trying to remind myself that a lot of the Fall collections look incredible, so I need to be saving my pennies for those.

Not sure if we'd seen this yet:
http://rougedeluxe.blogspot.ca/2012/05/armani-summer-2012-with-six-new-eyes-to.html

shontay07108

To be clear, are you guys talking about the ETK like Obsidian Grey, Black and all that or is there a new group? I have Obsidian black which is the only one that really stood out to me, but if there's more, I'm dying to see them. I went back to the Armani counter the other day to see the lacquers again. I walked away with nothing. Maybe because while the MUA there was nice, she was watching me like a hawk. I just went to Le Metier de Beaute instead.

Miss QQ

^^ There will be 6 new ETK according to the link that katred put up. My counter just got the proper summer collection, with Madre Perle and Obsidian Black etc. I didn't go to the counter today, so I still haven't seen how Obisian Black looks like when swatched. Maybe next week then. I'm looking forward to the oriental summer collection.

katred

Specktra Bestie
To the best of my knowledge, the six shades being added this summer are going to be permanent as well (along with two of the four from the summer collection).

Shontay- sorry to hear of the unpleasant Armani counter experience. I can't stand shopping in places where I feel I'm being watched too closely or treated with any kind of suspicion.

Ikram

Everything I've found has just been related to the Skin Lacquers collection and the six new Eyes to Kill shadows.
I really hope they will bring something.

I liked a lot one of the last years fall jacquad eyeshadow palettes, but I gave it away to someone who will have more use of it. I was hoping they will bring something equally good this fall.

Ingenue

I went back to the Armani counter the other day to see the lacquers again. I walked away with nothing. Maybe because while the MUA there was nice, she was watching me like a hawk. I just went to Le Metier de Beaute instead.
No ma'am... this is six MORE! I put 'em up on the blog. I am LOVING them. I slapped two together for an FOTD for IMATS...and I'm wearing one today.

shontay07108

I hope my Nordstroms has these when I go up there tomorrow. I'll have to see them in person to know whether or not I need one. I still need to buy Lust Red!

Miss QQ

No ma'am... this is six MORE! I put 'em up on the blog. I am LOVING them. I slapped two together for an FOTD for IMATS...and I'm wearing one today.

I just saw your swatches. They are beautiful on you! I need to see them on my skin tone because although I love the pinks and roses, they are hard for me to pull off.

Ingenue

I just saw your swatches. They are beautiful on you! I need to see them on my skin tone because although I love the pinks and roses, they are hard for me to pull off.
Thanks! I think the best pink is #27 because it's cooled down with a shot of grey. #28 is more of a rose gold and better suited to warmer skin tones. I thought it looked a bit too yellow on pale skin.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks so much for the swatches!
th_worship.gif
I'm definitely going to have to pick up some of these! Question: Are #24 and #25 different enough to justify owning both? They sort of look like variations on a theme. It's a theme I like, but at $42CAD a pop, I have to be a little picky.

Shontay- Glad you got LR! It's the only shade I can think of in the "blackened red/ purple" family that doesn't just look black after a couple of hours wear.

Miss QQ

Ingenue - Thanks! I hope these hit my counters soon. I look forward to the lipglosses and the sheer lipsticks too.