At Home Platinum "DO" (pic heavY)

darkbeauty27

Okay, I think I will try the Wella Frosty Ash first. If that doesn't take out the yellow then I will try the Manic Panic Amplified Virgin Snow.

So when I do my roots next, if I don't want to use bleach, do you think that the Torrids Platinum Lightening will lift my natural color to an almost platinum shade?

There used to be a time when I would color my hair with a high lift blonde and it would turn out a gorgeous light blonde! I can't remember what I used to use - grrr! Hmmm...you know...I think it might have been this product:

L'Oreal - Preference - L'Oreal Mega Blonde Haircolor Ash Blonde MB8

Doesn't seem extremely light in the swatch though, does it?

blondemafia76

thats pretty light alright- but way too gold for my taste.
greengrin.gif

The thing about the lift color for me is- it almost always turns out too gold or brassy... But I can tell ya using that torrids on your roots will work. Thats what I use every other time. BC I am so light blonde as it is, I only need to bleach-tone then tone, then torrids, then tone and then MAYBBBEEEA bleach, but a light bleach wash. This is like the 6 month process. Im comfortable with that. But people with really dark hair- they are gonna have to bleach more often, its really going to be a judgement call. You know how washing/styling/and going in the sun can turn you yellow over time..

I cant wait to see your results!!

QueenEmB

Great thread - I have my hair this colour but I get mine done at a salon, I'd be too nervous to do it myself but you did an awesome job!

Cinci

now that's the kind of platinum i've always wanted, but never been able to achieve......... or if i do manage to get some of my hair to go that light.. other parts wont bleach out as well, and stay more yellowish......... Thanks for this!!

~whathehair~

I had to join to say YOUR HAIR IS AWESOME! beautiful, I love the color. You did an amazing job. I am so very much hoping to achieve this. I have level 6-7 sorta strawberry blonde hair. I also bought Ion Powder lightener, it smells good. I hope it is gentle enough on the hair. Do You use Wellite? I too tried swatches with 1210 (awesome) & mixed 301 & 323 together, Torrids Plat. turned purple lol (I soo wanted that to work), & the Roux Ultra White Minx. I am still confused as to which to choose so far. I tried swatches of White Lady (kinda turned drabby pewter sigh!) & Silver Lady (haven't tried yet).

Cheers!

blondemafia76

white lady and silverylady toners did not work for me- the frosty ash is def my choice!!! I dont often mix colors, Im too skurred!!!

~whathehair~

I want to open the 1210, haven't yet. I am worried it will still have the "yellow" look of some of the high lifts? I also have 2 boxes of Excellence Creme Extra Light Ash, Extra Light Natural blonde & 2 boxes of "sally's 9 1/2.1 extra light ash & 91/2.13 Extra light beige (No idea what is the difference between store bought & Sally's similar name brands).

I too liked the mb4 & mb8 blue based... somehow the ion comparison guide shows mb6 (violet base) = wella 1210A = HL-b 12.1 Ion, however! but it required the mega blonde developer & I already have too many other brands lol I have the ion too. What makes me nervous is Idk if my hair is as hardy as yours HEHE & I have read many "experts" say don't use a HL or even a permanent color on bleached hair but use a DEMI, SEMI, acid based toner...
but... Whom can argue with that beautiful result you have....if it is the perfect color it seems the way to go. I almost want to mix my silver t14 with some of the 301,323.

darkbeauty27

By the way, just too add - the Clairol 301 toner in White Beige didn't work for me. I ended up getting desperate a week or so ago and *needed* to get rid of the yellow but Sally's was closed. I went to CVS and bought a permanent ash blonde shade and it worked pretty good. I think it was L'oreal Excellence Lightest Ash Blonde 9A. I was a little scared of it since it was a box color (and permanent at that) but it worked nicely. My bleached roots are a nice platinum blonde. Of course the rest of my hair (that didn't bleach higher than a yellow due to the prior black that was on my hair) remained a yellowish blonde. That is okay though because I am slowly cutting that hair off as my hair grows!

~whathehair~

TY! so much...it's just Since I bought 2 of 301 & 3 of 323 I was hoping I could mix them & get the results but I am thankful for you both saying it turns out more vanilla. I hope I won't be too desperate & put that on after I bleach. I have just waited SOOOO LONG to do this. I am also hoping to use wellite & ion lightener powder because it smells too good. Really I want to eat it, it is torture to make a developer & bleach smell this good. I read that ion developer is for sensitive scalps so I hope it truly does help. Happy your roots are rocking the platinum darkbeauty27....

I have done swatches in 10 A & 12 N Clairol Premium Cremes... the first turns creamy silver, the second translucent silver yet it straightened my curly hair sooo (I think it may be too damaging). It was the perfect color too! it was not blue, not gray, and had brilliant sparkle.

~whathehair~

I have been procrastinating since 5pm. I am trying to figure out if I need to put cotton on my roots since my hair is long & I should do midlengths to ends first. I am going crazy!!

fillintheblank

WOW! I love it! i've always loved that platinum blonde but I'm a brunette with olive skin, and I think that would look awkward lol. I can't believe you did that all at home, you did an amazing job!

blondemafia76

about 20 mins for me- but I have switched to the Frosty Ash Wella Gel colors- it has a much truer color to it- I use it just like the toner. No yellow at all- with the 323 I was still seeing some peeking thru.
smiles.gif
Hope this helps!

~whathehair~

Does the Dream blonde box have toner inside of it TOO or is it just "lightener"/bleach? I had purchased this in the past too lol & took it back for hair color by Loreal. Funny I didn't get to peek in the box to see & the curiousity has the best of me.

I have the wellite & even some Loreal cremelights (I don't recommend as it seems to just bring up to a goldy odd gloss texture unlike any of the bleaches I tried). Good for someone wanting only a few shades lighter & highlight.
'There's nothing shy about spring | Beauty Spotlight

here is another color I LOVE lil bit more silverish. I wish I knew how to do this one too.

blondemafia76 Did you get the manic panic too? I await reviews on this. I am eyeing matrix.prizms.plus white blonde & Fudge Whiter Shade of Pale too!!

blondemafia76

that loreal dream blonde- I ws just using as a bleach- pre toner when I used the 323, it does not have a toner, its really just a high lift color is all it is.

I use the Manic Panic toner- all the time. However- Im out now and no one sells it, I had to order directly from the MP site- I use the amplified version and it does me pretty good.

I despise the goldy shades!!!! I want white damn it!!! LMAO.....

that matrix looks bad ass- and I have never used fudge- so it piques my curiosity too.. I may get me some to see.... I need to either get someone here to cp me some pravanna pinks- or drag my ass to the phone and see if somoene here does it. The only thing about that is, I want to do it!!! LOL....

Maybe after christmas I will order a buncha stuff- just to see how it works!!!!!

darkbeauty27

Okay guys, to acheive the blonde in this pic, which toner should be used?

christina.jpg

Would the Wella Frosty Ash get me there or should I try the Clairol 323 Extra Light Platinum?

blondemafia76

that has more of a golden hue than the wella-
and the 323

I would go with a wella toner its called ivory girl, I believe..

strand test!

~whathehair~

Color Charm Toner #T10 or
I also think that creme toner 301 is a White Beige/ white vanilla (on my tests). You could always snip a tiny bit or just make a swatch with a hidden piece of hair on the very end to test it out!! I will keep my eye out.