Aussie threads moved to other parts of site...

aussiemacluvrrr

Quick question... Why have some of our Aussie threads, (hair one, nail polish one, and christmas one - not sure if there are others) been moved to other parts of the site?

Those threads had info that was specific to Aussie girls only, so why would it have been moved? Not to mention that some of the posts I had in those threads were only intended for the Aussie girls to read, and perhaps the occasional international that wandered in...

Had we wanted to post those comments in the general part of the website I'm sure we all would have done that (considering we are all pretty up to scratch with the site rules)...

I'm kind of uncomfortable with the fact that they have been moved... Am I the only one that feels this way??

Edit: I'm kinda in a horrible mood tonight so maybe I'm getting fired up about nothing.. hahahahahahaha

xLongLashesx

Yeah I don't like it either Carina.

I post in the Australian forum stuff that either is just relevant to Aussies, or is stuff that I want to chat to my 'friends' about. Having such a small group here I feel like I sort of know everyone and that means a lot when asking people's opinion.

Anything else of a general nature, just about MAC colours or whatever I look to the rest of the site for.

tana2210

yeh i know i agree, like if i ask a question like where do i get something r how much i wnat to know australain places and australian dollars, liek my ahir thread got moved but i was afetr products i could walk down to the local shopping cnetre and get not somthing i need to cp from america or order online....

sambibabe

And this is moved too
ssad.gif

spectrolite

^Carina I was wondering the same thing last night!
smiles.gif
We actually have a new forum moderator, Susanne, and maybe she didn't know the threads were Aussie specific. I was thinking from now on maybe we should include "Aussie" or something to do with being in Australia in the thread titles so that our new moderator knows that it meant to be an Aussie thread that we want to keep in our little sanctuary.

tangledrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrolite
^Carina I was wondering the same thing last night!
smiles.gif
We actually have a new forum moderator, Susanne, and maybe she didn't know the threads were Aussie specific. I was thinking from now on maybe we should include "Aussie" or something to do with being in Australia in the thread titles so that our new moderator knows that it meant to be an Aussie thread that we want to keep in our little sanctuary.

Putting "aussie" in the title would also make it a breeze to do searches!

rockin26

I'm so in agreeance with this, it's frustrating when you see a great thread title and then you go in it and all the product talk or retail talk refers to brands or shops that aren't in Australia, it's a big fat tease! I like the stuff in our forum because we discuss things we CAN go out and buy/see locally, there might be advice that is relevant no matter where you are but more often than not it has locally relevant information that we would otherwise miss if it were swept up in the larger o/s forums.

Hope our stuff stays put now the admins are being made aware
greengrin.gif

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
This is a "question", hence being moved to suggestions & questions. HTH

aussiemacluvrrr

^^ Yeah but it relates to the Aussie girls and our threads only... And in the past we have always just had all our Aussie specific threads in the Aussie forum.. Make sense, because the Aussie girls go straight there to get Aussie specific answers... Isn't that the point of having regional specific threads??????

Where is Lara? Can she help sort this out?

Wannabe Junkie

I've noticed this happening in the European section. There was a thread about a free postage code which was only relevant to the English girls. I imagine it was moved to the discounts forum but I think it's unlikely to reach it's target audience there.

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I understand, but again, it is a question and Janice moved it here. Please give us the opportunity to sort this out amongst the staff without jumping all over us. I am ONLY referring to this post and no others.

Janice

Call the pack off ladies. Let's not blow things out of proportion.

Regional forums are helpful for connecting local specktra users to discuss MAC and regional specific topics. I'm glad specktra can host and facilitate these discussions.

You have a new moderator for the MAC chat discussion forums who cares very deeply about you. Please let her be your advocate instead of openly criticizing her performance. I don't like to second guess a moderators decision, and absolutely refuse to throw them under a bus. In this instance I think that we simply need further clarification as to what stays and goes in these regional forums.

I am glad the residents of the MAC Chat Australia forum have evolved the forum into something that is more than just MAC discussion. The administration and staff have made the decision to respect this. Going forward all Australian MAC and retailer specific discussion will be allowed in the regional forum. This applies to all regional forums.

However FOTD's, reccomendations, chatter, and all non regional MAC and retailer specific discussion will be organized in its appropriate place on the forum.

And really now, I and the Specktra staff respect and listen to every one of you - please return this courtesy. The tone of this thread is appalling.

aussiemacluvrrr

^^

Hi Janice,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our concerns. However, I honestly believe that that the tone of our messages has been misinterpreted. I am familiar with a lot of the girls that wrote above and feel confident when I say that there was no malice intended in any of the messages, and especially not mine. I am disappointed if it was read that way and apologise for this.

I want to note that none of the messages above were directed at any particular moderator. To be honest none of us had any idea who had moved them, so none of the above posts should be, or could be, read as a direct attack on any specific person. It was never our intention to "throw anyone under a bus". I am aware that there have been issues in the recent past with the tone and attitude of some of the sub forums, and I would hate for us Australian girls to be grouped with those kind of people. We couldn't be further from that. We welcome the news of a new moderator.

However, as you can see by the responses from all the members above, we were all taken aback by the fact that the regional forum, which has worked well for us in the past, had suddenly changed, without anyone notifying us of these changes or the reasoning behind them.

As I noted before, most of the Aussie girls are well aware of the forum guidelines and make genuine attempts to abide by them. We will continue to do so.

I apologise again if our messages have been interpreted as aggressive.

Thank you again for taking the time to respond to our concerns.

Carina

Edit: This is by no means a retraction of what I have said above in this thread. I am firm in my convictions, and believe that in all areas of life there should always be the ability for people to voice their concerns without the fear of retribution. I believe that this forum allows people to do so and is one of the reasons I enjoy being a member of it - I hope that this will not change in the future.

spectrolite

^
th_kiss.gif

^I didn't meant to blame Susanne either! I just noticed that she was now moderating our forum because it has always just been Lara and I guess I assumed that she did the moving. It just seemed strange that threads that had been there for months had suddenly been moved. I didn't mean to be rude and I apologize if I came across that way
smiles.gif
Thank you mods for addressing our concerns swiftly and fairly.

Aussie girlies, I really do think that it might be a good idea to mark threads we want to stay specific to Australia appropriately. I know in the WoC forum for instance we title threads so that is pretty clear who is being addressed in the title ie "WoC Favorite Nude Lips for NW45". I don't mean to promote segregation in the forum lol, but if we want to keep topics in our specific sub-forum or you are looking for answers from mainly fellow Aussies it might be the way to go.

aussiemacluvrrr

^^ I didn't even know it was Susanne until I just read your message Bibi! I actually messaged her because she is such a lovely girl and asked her if she could help us sort this situation out!
tong.gif

spectrolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemacluvrrr
^^ I didn't even know it was Susanne until I just read your message Bibi! I actually messaged her because she is such a lovely girl and asked her if she could help us sort this situation out!
tong.gif

^I'm not sure it was her Carina! I was apologizing for suggesting it might have been. I dunno who did the moving
cutey.gif