Balloonacy Quad!!!

poppy z

I saw a picture of the quad and the darkerst color seems very similar to plumage ...but when I read the color description I don't see this color...(a darkest blue green).

GreekChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACreation
This sounds like a previous April release, "beau" quad, and also like the tease me quad. A lot of their quads are similar colors, which dissapoints me, so I'll pass on this one.

Nope, it has nothing to do with previous colors. The pictures show it off as a dark blue, along the lines of Plumage or Deep Truth, but wow is it offffffff. All the people who saw it live will agree. It is a purple, and doesn't resemble AT ALL anything that has previously been released. Oh yes, and it's flashy. It's a cool toned purple, nothing fuschia or nocturnelle-y about it. K this is going to sound funny, but look at the sad smiley (
ssad.gif
) at the bottom of the page when posting. It's this type of purple, but flashier.

JediFarfy

Urge, and this collection sounded so promising! Dark colors don't work for me, so no purple quad for me. I'm a sucker for lipsticks and glasses, so we'll see if I get any others. I'm not a hot pink fan either.
ssad.gif

depecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekChick
Nope, it has nothing to do with previous colors. The pictures show it off as a dark blue, along the lines of Plumage or Deep Truth, but wow is it offffffff. All the people who saw it live will agree. It is a purple, and doesn't resemble AT ALL anything that has previously been released. Oh yes, and it's flashy. It's a cool toned purple, nothing fuschia or nocturnelle-y about it. K this is going to sound funny, but look at the sad smiley (
ssad.gif
) at the bottom of the page when posting. It's this type of purple, but flashier.

Thank you for this description!! I am highly allergic to Nocturnelle, so that kind of purple is out for me. The purple that you describe may just work. I hope it does!!!
smiles.gif

peaudane

Does anyone know if Balloonacy will be available in Europe? If it's the prom collection, I'm afraid we might not see it here!

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki
I can't wait to go to Update.

And keep us updated, pretty PLEASE??!!

electrostars

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekChick
I saw it at update. The colors are: Cloudbound (off-white pink with gold pearlized pigments, Up at Dawn (Soft lilac (Veluxe Pearl)), Violet Trance (Rich intense purple), Pandamonium (Smoky Grey with silver pearlized pigments).

Oh, and another thing! For the bright lipstick lovers out there:
Seriously, Rocking Chick (the bright fuschia lipstick coming out with the Barbie collection) is really traffic stopping. Paired with Cranapple Cremestick, it's really "Whoa momma!"

this might be the only quad that i'll actually like ALL of the colors in it. XD

MACgirl

saw the quad today and OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the quad is by far the best quad ever!!! i seriously plan on getting two more besides my gratis one!!! rest assured whem it sells out, it will be highly sought after!

zombie_candy

awwww, the only thing that i want is the purple eyeshadow. the whole pink, lilac thing really doesn't work. why couldn't they just sell it individually? i can't justify paying 50 CAD for one colour i like
ssad.gif

galvanizer

Ooooh, sounds so pretty! I actually think I'd use all the colours too! I'm really looking forward to pics of this (and the pigments!!)

ishtarchick

I'm shocked no one has asked for a comparative description of the purple in this quad and grape or entremauve pigments. so i will. :p
how does this so called purple compare to all the purple pigments mac has?
thanks!!!

GreekChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishtarchick
I'm shocked no one has asked for a comparative description of the purple in this quad and grape or entremauve pigments. so i will. :p
how does this so called purple compare to all the purple pigments mac has?
thanks!!!

I dont have a camera so I can't really swatch the purples next to another but....
Entremauve and Grape are dark purples, smoky purples. They also have a pink backround (if you apply them with pink eyeshadow, they will match perfectly, and like I said above, will take on a nocturnell-y color (some pink in there). Violet Trance on the other hand is not dark. It's also cool toned, almost like a blue-violet. BUT, it is a purple and it's the flashiest purple. If you were to put Entremauve, Grape, Nocturnelle, Endless Love, Creme de Violet next to Violet Trance....the brightness factor really wouldn't compare....Its that flashy. If you like SUPER BRIGHT colors, and are a purple fan...you're gonna like this one.
If Electric Eel were a purple, it would be Violet Trance