BC Heat wave

NutMeg

Anyone else in Metro Vancouver, the island, or even the interior who is dying right now? Right now I'm just sitting in my house sweating and drinking ice water.

blindpassion

Dude. DYING. I am sitting on the couch with a 1.5 liter bottle of water... slowly, melting, away.

I can't escape it! I was considering going to the beach.

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
Please tell me you ladies have a/c...I would die in TX w/o a/c

No A/C
ssad.gif

We rarely have heat like this, maybe one or two weeks of every summer, so I'm going to estimate that somewhere around 85% of people don't have A/C here.

So then when it happens, we all MELT slowly
ssad.gif

TISH1124

OMG
thud.gif
I feel so bad for you guys then....It is 100 degrees here and my a/c has not been off 65 for 3 months....Drink lost of water ...with ice ...and go naked
heat.gif

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
OMG
thud.gif
I feel so bad for you guys then....It is 100 degrees here and my a/c has not been off 65 for 3 months....Drink lost of water ...with ice ...and go naked
heat.gif

already on top of all those things
winks.gif
hahaha.

NutMeg

Yeah, I was considering adding into my first post that I was sitting naked in my house sweating, while drinking ice water.
greengrin.gif
I sat in a cold bath for a while earlier.

I'm at the crisis centre from midnight until 6 am tonight, so atleast I'll be in a building with air conditioning and not lying in a pool of my own sweat trying to sleep like I have for the past few nights. The high here today was 34C/93F, and yesterday was 37C/98F. The humidity is adding to my desire to die.

Marie71

I'm in the Fraser Valley and I can't remember it ever being this hot. It was like 38 degrees here. Luckily my hubby came home with a portable a/c otherwise I would be dying right now. He literally had to grab and run as they were being brought out. They are sold out everywhere.

LatteQueen

yeah the humidity is awful here in PA..but the only problem is ..when I enter the bldg. and start to work my body temp don't feel the a.c. no more and they have the stat turned down...my face looks like a bucket of k.f.c. grease..nothing helps it at all in this humidity..no kind of product..I don't even moisturize anymore..cause I know my face will produce it's own oils..yuck..oh well..

Willa

It's the damn humidity that kills me!
God, it wasnt even 8 am yet and I felt like it was mid-afternoon because the heat was so intense. It was around 30 degrees!

I have an A/C, by chance
I'd die without it
shockt.gif

cazgh

I know this doesn't help but I'm sat in the good old UK where it is our peak of summer and it was hailing this morning (frozen rain).

Why can't we have a bit of your heat and you can have a bit of our cold ??

gigiopolis

I'm sort of glad I'm not around to experience it haha! I'm in Hong Kong right now for the summer...which is hotter, and more humid, but at least A/C is everywhere.

But it's so not worth it to get A/C for the 2 weeks max in a year that Vancouver gets excessively hot...I'm sure if I was melting away there right now, though, I would think otherwise!!

Stick a bra in the freezer, sleep in the basement with the fan on as you spray ice water from a fine misting bottle in your face, preferably naked. Ah, summer...don't worry, the rain will be back before ya know it.
winks.gif

MissCrystal

i cant stand this heat !! even at night its horrible ... i thought this was vancouver bc but it feels like im in a desert ....

BEA2LS

i'm in NJ but it has been sooo hot lately! i've been swimming at mom's house, trying to make it to the beach and staying in the a/c.
how hot is it where everyone else is? i am asking because different people think different temps are hot and i think it will be interesting to see
smiles.gif
(for example, i have family who thinks 70 degrees is cold and grabs a sweater)

Makeup Emporium

I'm actually jealous of all you with the heat! I live in Toronto and we normally do get hot, dry summers but this summer has been crap. I think we are getting all the rain that you ladies are missing from Vancouver because it has rained almost every day (for some period of time) since summer started. My area has even flooded twice. It's nasty; I just want the heat back!!!

MissCrystal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeup Emporium
I'm actually jealous of all you with the heat! I live in Toronto and we normally do get hot, dry summers but this summer has been crap. I think we are getting all the rain that you ladies are missing from Vancouver because it has rained almost every day (for some period of time) since summer started. My area has even flooded twice. It's nasty; I just want the heat back!!!

are you sure about that ??? dont you guys have a garbage strike going on .. you should be happy with all the rain or if not, it would be so smelly out there lol

FiestyFemme

I feel bad for you guys! It seems like the AC at my parents house has went out every summer that we've lived there, and that's just miserable. And of course every time it went out, it would be anywhere from the mid 90's to 100 degrees. Oddly enough, now that I've moved out, they haven't had a problem with their AC this summer.
lol.gif

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCrystal
are you sure about that ??? dont you guys have a garbage strike going on .. you should be happy with all the rain or if not, it would be so smelly out there lol

Actually I live just outside of the city so no garbage strike here! The strike just ended which is good b/c I have been avoiding downtown TO b/c of the smell. Apparently it was really bad in some areas!
thmbdn.gif