Beauty Mistakes.. =]

Eoraptor

I tried to have a bob hairstyle... How I wish they looked good on me.
ssad.gif

..kels*

i did the awful baby blue e/s thing too.. & frosty pink l/s to go along with it. oh & i can't forget when it was cool to go super heavy on the black eyeliner. blech!!
weeping.gif

kaliraksha

I use to try to keep it "natural" and somehow I may have needed more than natural because I would cake on the powder and clear mascara where I had like globs of it. I would also overgloss my lips... it was pretty yucky now that I think about it... I must have looked like a bad photoshop project. hehehe

Hawkeye

oh lord-in high schoool-my prom it was and glitter and shimmer was all the rage and I remember wearing a gorgeous black dress that was sparkly and I wanted to carry that up with my makeup and hair.

So I put on my longwearing foundation from MAX Factor and then I broke out this glowy foundation from Maybelline. I put that foundation over the foundation from MAX Factor and I only put it on my face. No blending. Then I decided I wanted to add some more sparkle since I couldn't really see it that well and used some sparkle powder from Maybelline and put it ALL OVER MY FACE. Then (oh no it's not over yet), then I put on some glittery pink blush didn't blend, and then put on black eyeshadow and added some WNW glitter from lashline to browbone and then on top of all of this I had glossy lips.

And the best part is- the rest of my body looked normal-and then you had my head which looked horrible. A totally different shade and everything. And my hair was in curls-i put in a LOT of glitter in there too.

Another time I went on a cruise and wanted to look all happy and sparkley thinking it was sexy (this was on the senior trip to the bahamas)- I learned from the prom and instead used the glitter powder all over my body and I wore a white shirt and then back then they had the liquid glitter around still and I used it to make a ring around my neck like a necklace, and around my ankle with a design-thinking I was so hot and with fashion. Then I applied it from lashline to browbone, on my cheekbones and on my lips. I was a silvery sparkley freak. LOL Now on top of this I had a white bikini and thought it would be so cool to put one of those fake body jewels all around my stomach to look like a chain with glitter there as well. And the white against my pasty white skin........ LOLOL

Now- I hate glitter. Won't go near the stuff and yeah NIGHTMARES

TangoMango

When I was 13, I used to wear bright blue mascara with silver on the tip. I would either coat my eyes with black liner or a blue metallic liner that my mom hated.

Also, my mom had this old MAC lipstick called 'Fondle,' which was a really pale nude colour and stupid me didn't know that I need a lipliner to make it look wearable. Needless to say, I walked around looking like a ghost.

My makeup got better when I was 14 and I mastered putting on eyeliner near perfect on a moving bus! Yay!

Shimmer

:holysheep: Quote:
Originally Posted by youbeabitch
oh lord-in high schoool-my prom it was and glitter and shimmer was all the rage and I remember wearing a gorgeous black dress that was sparkly and I wanted to carry that up with my makeup and hair.

So I put on my longwearing foundation from MAX Factor and then I broke out this glowy foundation from Maybelline. I put that foundation over the foundation from MAX Factor and I only put it on my face. No blending. Then I decided I wanted to add some more sparkle since I couldn't really see it that well and used some sparkle powder from Maybelline and put it ALL OVER MY FACE. Then (oh no it's not over yet), then I put on some glittery pink blush didn't blend, and then put on black eyeshadow and added some WNW glitter from lashline to browbone and then on top of all of this I had glossy lips.

And the best part is- the rest of my body looked normal-and then you had my head which looked horrible. A totally different shade and everything. And my hair was in curls-i put in a LOT of glitter in there too.

Another time I went on a cruise and wanted to look all happy and sparkley thinking it was sexy (this was on the senior trip to the bahamas)- I learned from the prom and instead used the glitter powder all over my body and I wore a white shirt and then back then they had the liquid glitter around still and I used it to make a ring around my neck like a necklace, and around my ankle with a design-thinking I was so hot and with fashion. Then I applied it from lashline to browbone, on my cheekbones and on my lips. I was a silvery sparkley freak. LOL Now on top of this I had a white bikini and thought it would be so cool to put one of those fake body jewels all around my stomach to look like a chain with glitter there as well. And the white against my pasty white skin........ LOLOL

Now- I hate glitter. Won't go near the stuff and yeah NIGHTMARES

xmrsvindieselx

hahaha. the things we all think are in style...

ok I'm soooooo guilty of glitter.. I used to use white eyeliner and i would put glitter over the liner..i looked like a fa-reeeeek. lol I still cant believe I used white..it looked like a used chalk or something..then glitter over the liner..omg what the hell was i thinking??!?!

Shimmer

Y'all wanna hear beauty mistakes?

Here goes:

Back in 01 I was seriously into the club scene. A friend of mine would go and get trashtastic before we went out and got...seriously wasted.

Anyway...MY typical outfit (hahahahah) consisted of a pair of SUPER DUPER EXTRA SERIOUSLY SHOWING LIKE THE LIMIT OF LEGALITY low rise pants, I'm talking OH MY GOD my mom saw one pair and I think she hid or burned them. One or the other. Anyway...I'm talking LOW.
Covered in sparkles. Sheer sparkles, but sparkles.
Rhinestone platform heels (think...Jenny in forrest gump in the disco scene) and a shirt very similar to the one Jenny was wearing in the aforementioned scene.

Still sparkles.

Makeup would consist of heavily applied foundation and liner. And lipgloss. Nothing else, because we were dancing so much we just sweated it all off (logic?
hmm.gif
)

Anyway...
BODY GLITTER EXPLOSION. I looked like a freaking disco ball.

Sally's Beauty Supply sells this tube of silver glitter, it has a wand like mascara and it's for your hair. I would go through this freaking LARGE ASS TUBE of this glitter in ONE SATURDAY NIGHT.
Everytime I moved while I was dancing, sparkles flew. I looked like I was surrounded in pixie dust.
oh.gif

issa

when we were 14 me and friends had a little clique thing going on and our "look" was a nasty shade of blue eyeliner and some badly applied blue eyeshadow(not a bad shade but just awfully applied) and some pink lipgloss(we all had diff. skin tones but the colour don't suit any of us).
i look back at those days and cringe we thought we were all that but we actually looked like mini-drag queens..LMAO

i guess what throws me most is that we thought this was a brillant super-glam look...crazy sh!T

queenofdisaster

lord the blue eyeshadow and pink lips. at one point or another i think we are all guilty.
winks.gif

i used to wear pleather pants! LOL

hmm, oh! i heard that nailpolish was good for repairing pantyhose. so i painted a hole with black nailpolish while i was wearing them. ummm. i don't think i should even go any further. let's just say i am a dumbass.

i did the white eyeliner thing with tons of glitter. WNW glitter was my best friend in junior high. let's not forget brown lipliner with clear gloss. and the foundation mask.

or over-plucked eyebrows. i have those NOW. my new years resolution was to let these caterpillars grow back and get them professionally re-done. plus i think the bushy, natural look is gorgeous (ie denise richards, brooke shields, LOL)

hmmm... i know there are more. oh yeah MULTICOLORED braces. hehe. i used to match my outfits. one time i got white bands and ate spaghetti. those babies turned orange.

oh lord. i thought i could go christina aguilera blonde in one session. my hair was bright orange. and splotchy. so i put red over it. i looked like the kool aid man.

i'm so glad i have sense now.

Hawkeye

I saw this girl over at O'charlies once and this girl was very very tan and was oompa loompa orange- and she had this white eyeliner-we're talking chalk and she lined it all the way round her eyes in this thick thick line and had it tighlined.

Then she had silver on her lid and neon blue and her crease. The oompah loompah orange with that combo makes me shudder- the best part- her blush- nice and streaky and her lips- oh lord bright bold red.

She was serving that day and I had to excuse myself to go to the bathroom I started laughing the moment I got inside.

Yes, call me cruel but lord have mercy. I just wanted to tell her - honey- no- you are creating a crime that is almost unforgiveable in the makeup world! lol

..kels*

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofdisaster
hmmm... i know there are more. oh yeah MULTICOLORED braces. hehe. i used to match my outfits.

ohhh no.. when i was 12 i got red bands put on my braces for valentine's day. SCARY!
weeping.gif
i thought it was cool to match to holidays. haha.

Ambi

When I was around 12-14 and just starting to use make-up, I'm really pale and my eyebrows are naturally almost white [since I'm platinum blonde], I didn't do anything to my eyebrows, now this looked natural as a child but when you wear heavy foundation that makes you look super pale and then lots of black mascara and the heavy liner on your upperlid... You probably look like a freaking alien. Thanks to the friend who finally told me I should bring out my brows too and actually tought me how to.

Corien

Thick black eyeliner... JUK

I had a time I wore purple eyshadow all over my eyes, underlid and upperlid, with thick black eyeline lines. That looked awfull... and it was only a year ago.

Now I still think I make a lot of mistakes, but I don't have the knowledge to actually notice them all :p