Becca Cosmetics

Curly1908

I'm a huge fan of this brand even though I own very little of it (owing to its cost and lack of local availability). They just released a "Bombora Collection", and I looooooove the palette!!!

BECCA - BECCA Cosmetics

Twinkle_Twinkle

I love Becca products! Whenever a retailer stops carrying the line, I always try to stock up on whatever I can. I think there is only one Becca retailer in the Atlanta metro area, and I periodically call the boutique to "make sure" that they are still carrying the line, but really I am trying to see if it's on sale because they are DCing it. The Shimmer Powders, pressed and loose are amazing. So soft, and buttery. And I really like the few shadows I have as well, but I can't justify spending $24 on an eye shadow, especially in shades that aren't particularly unique. I only cough up that kind of money for a shadow if it's a MUFE or NARS shade that is so unique that I can't do without it, and even those are $20. But I digress. I like the brand a lot, but I just think the price point is bit off, esp. for some of the items that don't have a lot of product (loose finishing powder, foundation stick, etc.). I am interested to see the expanded shade range in the mineral powder line. Apparently the company is still trying to perfect darker hues. I have seen the mineral powders in person though and they are TINY! Like maybe the same size as a MAC blush or even a tad smaller.

Curly1908

Whoa! I did not know the mineral powders were that small.

Yeah, I only own one Becca palette that I got for like 80% off when Makeup.com was having its liquidation sale. The cream blush is divine, the eyeshadows are finely milled, and the lipgloss is pretty darn good (not very pigmented though). And I've tried a sample of their foundation which was great. Their website does have sales from time to time ($10 off or 20% off), but it's STILL too pricey with the sale. :-(

I wonder why the brand is so expensive when its targeted demographic appears to be younger women.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908
Whoa! I did not know the mineral powders were that small.

Yeah, I only own one Becca palette that I got for like 80% off when Makeup.com was having its liquidation sale. The cream blush is divine, the eyeshadows are finely milled, and the lipgloss is pretty darn good (not very pigmented though). And I've tried a sample of their foundation which was great. Their website does have sales from time to time ($10 off or 20% off), but it's STILL too pricey with the sale. :-(

I wonder why the brand is so expensive when its targeted demographic appears to be younger women.

I wish I had known about the Makeup.com sale. I've gotten stuff on sale at Sephora and Neiman's online, but you always have to be super quick. I've seen a Becca sale on Haute Look, but it wasn't very good. Just foundation sticks and lip gloss and not even that many shades of the foundation were available.

Curly1908

I actually posted about the Becca Liquidation sale in the Bargain Hunters section of this website when it was going on. Sorry you missed it!

Icecaramellatte

I use the luminous skin color but I'm out and have to buy more. I have the stick foundation but I don't use it much. I use the loose powder a lot. I don't really have any color products.

ctee80

Becca is an awesome line! I LOVE the lipglosses, beach tints, and lipsticks.

I was out shopping the other day and forgot to put my lip balm back in my bag so the only thing left was my Becca lipstick (lip tint). I needed something so I applied it even though I would never usually do so without moisturizing my lips first.
icon_eek.gif
It was more than enough!!

elektra513

I really enjoy Becca's tinted moisturizer and foundation stick. I want to try to creme blushes next.

@ Twinkle: I've been meaning to check out that boutique in Atlanta...how is it?

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektra513
I really enjoy Becca's tinted moisturizer and foundation stick. I want to try to creme blushes next.

@ Twinkle: I've been meaning to check out that boutique in Atlanta...how is it?

Entebello is very nice. It's on East Paces Ferry. I don't think they carry the entire range of products (like all of the pressed or loose shimmer powders for instance) but they will order them for you and they do carry the entire range of face products and shades. I met the owner the last time I was there. She saw my Bichon hanging out in the car and asked me about her and she got brownie points for not asking "Is that a poodle?". I digress. Really cute place though.

Icecaramellatte

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAChostage
Does anyone know which colors are most well suited for NC44 in the luminous and stick foundations?

I wear NC44 in the tinted moisturizer. Since that is a sheer coverage product we may not be exactly the same but I wear:

- Nut in the Luminous Liquid
- Maple in the Stick Foundation
- Spice in the Loose Powder

I wear the liquid a lot. Mostly in winter though. I haven't used the Maple all over the skin just in areas where I had redness. I was actually planning to wear it all over tomorrow. I usually go for sheer foundation but I bought this in the winter and my skin was just to dry at the time to wear it. I've pretty much stayed out of the sun so I'm hoping the color works. HTH!

Edit - I wore it this morning and it looks good. I used my #130 brush to blend.

sss215

love Becca and was mad that i found out about it after it was available at sephora. i wish i had a chance to swatch it so i could order it online. when i am in nyc again i think i can swatch it at Saks.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sss215
love Becca and was mad that i found out about it after it was available at sephora. i wish i had a chance to swatch it so i could order it online. when i am in nyc again i think i can swatch it at Saks.

Does Saks still carry the line? I know they liquidated it on their website and I snatched up a few things. I also remember calling Saks in Florida to see if they still had anything in stock and they said they didn't and that the displays were gone.

spectrolite

For those of you who love or are interested in trying Becca products, Beauty Habit are having a special until August 13th I believe, and they stock Becca. If you use the code OPRAH you get 25% off your purchase.

Here is the link:

Becca Cosmetics

elektra513

Coming back to this thread to say that thanks to Blushbaby, I ordered 2 Glossy Lip Tints, in Daquiri and Mimosa (a word I love to say, btw). I really like them both so far. They are lightweight and not sticky. One tube had a brush applicator like MAC Lustreglass, and the other had a doefoot brush like the regular lipglasses, so I thought that was odd. But I am happy with my purchase and hope to buy more in the future.

Oh and they last a good while through eating and such, so I was definitely happy about that. (Not as good as Nars but better than MAC).

elektra513

Atlanta ladies!

I got this notice in my email from Daily Candy:

BEAUTIFY
Becca Makeup Tutorial
What: Learn to nail fall’s smoky eye/nude lip combo from the cosmetic brand’s top national artist Rachael Perrin.
Why: The Prairie Moon collection’s green/gray palette for peepers and flattering caramel for lips are something to howl about.
When: Fri. & Sat., 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
Where: Entebello Modern Apothecary & Spa, 324 E. Paces Ferry Rd., Buckhead. Call 404-477-2933 to make an appt.
1;;%7Eokv=;sz=120x90;i=91109;d=11042010;p=100;p=50a;p=33a;p=25a;p=16a;p=12a;t=h;u=em;m=e;tile=1;%7Ecs=b;ord=2941331

In case anyone's interested...(not affiliated)