Before Buying Brushes On Ebay Or Asking About Them Read This!!!

esperanza0905

ebay seller named bunny_fashion sold me this brush!
He refunded me money without shipping and I kept the brush (second option was to refund shipping so I can ship him his brush).
He didn't say a thing lately, just refunded money :)

JStarJStar

Hi all, just wanted to let you know about a seller that I just dealt with, 4818luis-- I am pretty positive the 187 brush I got is authentic, and I got it for a great price. I can't figure out how to attach pics right now, I'll try to figure that out, but just for the sake of information: it's got "Japan" engraved into the handle, the lettering is clear and near the ferule, the ferule seems authentic, according to pics I have seen, and the bristles are very soft. Any questions, just let me know, and I'll try to post pics soon!

dominika211

What you think about this set? Do you think its authentic?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/MAC-makeup-BRUSH-SET-GolD-190-168-187-194-rare-150-NEW_W0QQitemZ140320537216QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item140320537216&_trksid=p3911.c 0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1215|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|24 0%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

chubby5734

a friend of mine bought some brushes from a website called brush111.com
and they sell pigments too. I'm 100% sure that they are fake. I checked all the info you guys are giving here and they have brush sets for cheap prices please tell your friends about this website and not to buy from them.

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubby5734
a friend of mine bought some brushes from a website called brush111.com
and they sell pigments too. I'm 100% sure that they are fake. I checked all the info you guys are giving here and they have brush sets for cheap prices please tell your friends about this website and not to buy from them.

That website is faker than "The Hills"

jani04

Holy crud haha yes it makes me laugh and annoyed when I see people buying the 8 peice MAC brush set. ANY mac buyer should know they never come in this brush set.

tarnii

I have often looked at the brush sets on ebay and thought they had to be fake but then had a niggling feeling that maybe I was ripping myself off by buying from store. Good to know that I wasn't paranoid afterall.

snugglebear4now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl about town
Thanks i was just going to bid on a set on ebay, think i will steer clear and just buy one every couple of weeks from the mac store xxx Cheers!!!

Thats my plan too!
cutey.gif

Melon

You know what's sad? I also see these on craigslist! I would search up "makeup" at my hometown and I would often see "MAC makeup brush set" or "Mac eyeshadow sets - $25" or something. And they're definitely the fake ones.

I don't know whether to believe if the people selling on craigslist are distributors, or if they've been scammed through eBay and are trying to get their money back by scamming other people. It's a vicious cycle, that's what. :'[

RussianRedDani

D'oh! I feel so silly now. I bought a "239" from ebay this week and looking at the various numbers they sell I'm pretty sure I've been conned. It was only a fiver (which isn't much... but it's the principle).

I feel so completley and utterly dumb though. I saw my first ever MAC fakes in 2005, my parents lived in Thailand and MBK was FLOODED with the crap. I even picked up a couple just to take a look and compare. They were all chalky and nasty and I gave one to my niece and it gave her a terrible reaction.

I'll just have to be patient and get me a 239 when I go to the shop on Friday.

Thanks so much for this thread
smiles.gif

ThePowderPuff

Just wanted to share my experience with you. It just convinces me, that there are no way of telling for sure if the brushes are real or fake.

Bought a couple of brushes some time ago from a site similar to Ebay here in Denmark. The seller bought them in the states and sold them in Denmark, where the brushes are twice the price of what they are in the states, so it seemed reasonable enough.

I actually used the brushes for some months. I bought two 239's and I already had a 239 bought at the local Mac Store, so I know for sure, it's genuine, and I could aboslutely not tell any difference. They looked EXACTLY the same.

But I also bought a Blush brush, and that came i a hard plastik sleeve. Some months later I realized that ment, they were fake, I contacted the seller, and she gave me a full refund, and seemed truly suprised and sorry.

The thing I wanted to say is, that the blusher brush was clearly fake. But the two 239's? Well considering the other brush was fake, I am quite sure that they were fake too. But when I realized the blush brush was fake, I read this and 117 others guides to validating your brushes, and could still not see any difference between the tqo fakes and the one I bought at a MAC store.

The handles and bristles looked EXACTLY the same. The print felt the same and could be scratched a bit etc. etc. And I looked VERY VERY carefully! They could be real, they could be fake, I will never know for sure.

So... I guess I just want to say, you can never be sure...
angry.gif

art

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Oh no
ssad.gif
I am sorry to hear it, its hard to buy from ebay with confidence! Flick through that list I gave you - there are a couple of really good brush sellers there, one in particular (denisef609) often has 187s at pretty good prices so you might be able to replace it. And clostemustgo usually has a variety of authentic brushes at very reasonable prices ranging from full sized brushes to SEs split from sets and sometimes rarer brushes like Diana Ross.

could you send me that list as well?
my nearest mac store is 6 hours away!!
and can't find a site that ships to norway
ssad.gif

thanks!

JoeyEmma

Urch! I am 99% sure I have just been done in a swap on MUA!

I swapped for a 188 and the brush is smaller than I thought it should be. The handle feels light. All my other MAC brushes that I bought from counters have the France printed in silver ink on the handle. This one has Japan actually stamped into the handle, but without ink.

Can anybody confirm that this is a fake before I contact the swapper?

Jo

MaskedBeauty

^ I bought brushes off ebay a year ago. An eight piece set and now I'm pretty sure their fake after reading this. A couple of my brushes have "japan" on the end of the handle in black. Ugh! what a waste of money! I definately won't be buying brushes off ebay anymore. very disappointing. Sad that people con everyone like this!