Best/favorite primer!

Hi everyone! What's your favorite primer?! I love Lancome's La Base but it breaks me out :( I have sensitive skin. What do you guys think of Smashbox primer?

Janeenersss

That sucks that you break out from la base pro
cry.gif
! Its my all time fav primer. I think it deserves a lot more hype then it gets.

Janeenersss

Oh and ive never used smashboxs primer but we sell a lot at work. We have HSN host/models come in all the time bc our store is near the studio and the ladies there use the smashbox photo finish primer when being filmed. So it seems like it would be a great primer in the heat if they wear it under hot lights for hours on end.

alyxo

I really like the one by Smashbox, it's very tacky. Also, Bare Minerals primer and of course, MAC's paint pots.

PRiNCiPESSAx4

I love the Smashbox primer! I too have a bit of sensitive skin and have never had a problem. It's never broken me out! I also really like Hourglass Mineral Veil. I've used their serum as well but it made me a bit more oily than the others have.

kittenish

I like bare essentials prime time. Gives a really nice smooth finish to the skin. I also love Cargo blu ray primer. Oil controling without drying the skin

That sucks that you break out from la base pro
cry.gif
! Its my all time fav primer. I think it deserves a lot more hype then it gets.
It does! I feel like a lot of people don't know about it. I use to work for Lancome and when I would use it on somebody they would immediately buy it. I tried so many times to use in hopes it would not break me out, but it always did. Maybe I should try it one last time. lol

I love the Smashbox primer! I too have a bit of sensitive skin and have never had a problem. It's never broken me out! I also really like Hourglass Mineral Veil. I've used their serum as well but it made me a bit more oily than the others have.
Do you use the regular Smashbox primer? Or Smashbox light? Apparently the light is for acne-prone/sensitive skin. Wonder which would be better.

Janeenersss

It does! I feel like a lot of people don't know about it. I use to work for Lancome and when I would use it on somebody they would immediately buy it. I tried so many times to use in hopes it would not break me out, but it always did. Maybe I should try it one last time. lol
Yea if you tried it a while ago your skin could react differently to it now. I say give it a go!

Janeenersss

Hmm i was doing some research and i dont think the smashbox one would work for you if the la base still breaks you out. it has a lot of the same ingredients. I cant find the ingredients for the photo finish light though :/ It could be the silicones in the primers thats causing your skin to have a reaction.

MAChostage

I use Smashbox Photofinish Light and Urban Decay's Pore Perfecting. I'm endeared to neither, unfortunately. I once tried DHC's Velvet Skin Coat, a LONG time ago, and I remember it feeling unlike any other primer I'd tried. It is a true silicon-based primer and really did feel like velvet going on. I can't remember how it performed under foundation so I'd like to revisit it, since I don't notice any benefits or differences when I use Smashbox or UD's.

s_lost

I love Inglot's primer! It's the best I've used so far. MUFE's HD primer is pretty awful for me, MAC's prep prime is okay, Illamasqua's is one of the worst too... What else? Oh, Dior Snow White is good, but not great, as well as Smashbox Photo Finish.

For reference, I've combo skin and live in warm/humid weather!

I've my eye on Hourglass Veil Primer :)

Paint&Ink Chick

I've been really wanting to try the Smashbox primer since I started using primers,reading this I think I'll give it a shot. But I currently use Korres & really like it. Awhile my daughter classmates mom sells MK. I got their primer & its actually good.

Paint&Ink Chick

I've been really wanting to try the Smashbox primer since I started using primers,reading this I think I'll give it a shot. But I currently use Korres & really like it. Awhile my daughter classmates mom sells MK. I got their primer & its actually good.

carvedwords

Just got a small size of th hourglass mineral primer and loving it so far!! I think this could be my be favorite!!

Latest posts