Best/favorite primer!

MAChostage

Well the way this product was sold to me was as a product used to reduce shine in the T-Zone, not so much as a straight up primer. So I bit the bullet and purchased it, and that's the only thing I use it for, to keep that shine at bay. It does a pretty good job with that.
What do you think about M.A.C. prep+prime skin refined zone? Has anyone tried it?

trihogaster

Well the way this product was sold to me was as a product used to reduce shine in the T-Zone, not so much as a straight up primer. So I bit the bullet and purchased it, and that's the only thing I use it for, to keep that shine at bay. It does a pretty good job with that.
Great, thank you :)
And have you tried MAC Blot pressed? Is he better for mattifying t-zone?

Auroras

Hello everyone I'm new to the forum and feel excited. These are my favorite primers in the order they are 1) Napoleon Perdis "Auto Pilot" pore minimizer & mattifier, 2) Smashbox PHOTO FINISH Color Correcting, 3) Laura Geller SPACKLE under make-up primer.

jordanaire

I recently sampled the Philosophy face primer and I have to admit I do like it. My main objective for a primer is to keep me smooth and matte. This primer achieved that. Please note that you must keep in on for 2 min prior to appying foundation. Im not sure why but hell I did it and it appears to work for me. I also like Urban Decay. Becca left me with white residue after application and my skin was bit tight, but it witheld the "dewiness" from the day.

Candyy

Has anyone here tried Givenchy Mister Smooth? Actually I never use primers, but I read a really positive review about this one so I was thinking to give it a try.

jokingsbury

I use this too. I use my Smashbox primer all over the face and the MAC zone treatment on my T-zone. Works really well.

jokingsbury

Has anyone here tried Givenchy Mister Smooth? Actually I never use primers, but I read a really positive review about this one so I was thinking to give it a try.
I really wanna try this one as well. I use the Givenchy photo perfexion foundation and it is amazing!

LauraLara

Hi ladies! Can you reccomend a primer that is NOT oil free? It's not that I have dry skin, it's just that I like to be really moisturized. SPF would be great but I wear sunblock every day regardless because I don't like to go lower than SPF 50.

infinitize

Smashbox will probably break you out too. it has alot of silicones...
I personally don't have a favorite and have been wandering around forever...
Hourglass mineral veil is great, but is too drying for my combination skin
Smashbox is so silicone-ey that you'd think it smoothes out the skin but not really.. lasting power isn't all that great either
Tarte brightening primer doesn't set to a powdery smooth finish and hate how it makes my brush oily and and sticky; there is no difference in the lasting power either
Giorgio armani's primer is more than awesome; smooths out the skin like no other, but breaks me out almost immediately
nars light reflecting primer is similar to the tarte one.. nothing special... nothing worth paying $40 for.
I've heard great reviews about Toofaced, but I'm scared that it will break me out.. probably just a stigma about the brand.. (I don't think badly about Toofaced, but just like benefit or stila, it feels like its going to be "worse" for my skin than other brands)

infinitize

Hourglass has the one that's made for dry skin. it has beneficial oils in them and is very moisturizing

infinitize

I thought it was okay. nothing special about it.
it feels like smashbox primers - very heavy in silicones and silky, but it just doesn't seem to hold the foundation for longer esepcially for oily skin types.

LauraLara

Okay I went through my bin of samples and here are the primers i have samples of:

Korres anti-aging primer
Sephora ultra-smoothing primer
NARS pro-prime pore refining primer
Clear Prep matte foundation primer and anti-acne treatment gel
Laura Mercier foundation primer
Becca ever-matte pore less primer perfector
Hourglass Veil mineral primer
Make Up For Ever HD primer

I also have MACs face primer because that's what I've always used. So I think I'm going to go down that list and try each one over the next 8 days, see how they do. The reviews here make me want to try Armani or Too Faced. idk. Maybe I should just go to sephora and have somebody pick one for me lol that goes poorly sometimes though, you just know your own skin better than someone who just met you.... and I want to be shiny and oily and just wash my face every night. I don't want my face to EVER feel tight or dry. And despite wearing oil, then SPF 50 sunblock, then primer, then foundation, then blush, bronzer, highlighter and contour powder (and definitely not washing my face every day for at least the entire winter), I really don't break out. Well, I get zits, but it's only a couple at a time and they show up at that time of the month, so it's hormones, not makeup. I don't have fantastic skin, it sucks in many many ways, but at least it doesn't break out.

LauraLara

I just did Hourglass Veil: it went on beautifully, felt like silk, and it looks AMAZING, HOWEVER, my face feels really tight and dry. I have an exceptionally dry face, so I know I can't use the primers other ppl use, but this made me really sad because it otherwise looks and feels so great. On to the next one.

LauraLara

Today I tried mufe HD and I really like it. Only weird thing is feels sticky and tacky when you put it on, whereas the hourglass veil felt like silk. But the veil made my face feel tight when it dried and the mufe hd feels weightless. My wrinkles don't stand out and my skin looks slightly dewy. So far this is the winner, even though I already ordered this clarins primer.