Best/favorite primer!

linotte

I really like Smashbox's light primer. It's not as thick or sticky as a lot of primers are but still gets the job done. On my super dry skin days, I love Laura Mercier's hydrating foundation primer.

LauraLara

Okay today I did Laura Mercier foundation primer (the regular one). It went one smoothly and my face does not feel tight. However I'm not convinced it is increasing the longevity of my makeup and my face is really dry. Like normally when I smile I get crinkles at the corners of my eyes but when I'm dried out the crinkles go like all the way across my cheeks. They are definitely doing that now. So this is a no go.

LauraLara

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!!! Okay so remember I have bone dry skin, well today I used hourglass serum 28 primer (which is also a serum, duh), and I feel completely moisturized! My chin, T-zone and nose area actually feel oily!!! I know that most people would consider that bad, but it turned my desiccated desert into combination/oily skin. So maybe I'll go a little lighter in those areas, but I think my quest for a TRULy moisturizing primer has ended. And it HAS increased the wear time of my makeup, I was worried or would just act like a moisturizer and not do it's job as a primer. And while those areas of my face FEEL a little oily, they are not shiny at all. And I should mention, every day I wear caudalie divine oil, then kids waterproof SPF 50 sunblock, THEN primer, then foundation and all the bells and whistles. So there's a lot of crap on my face, that's what made finding a good primer so difficult. I think the sunblock is drying and that's why I have to have a moisturizing layer both over and under it.

LauraLara

In the interest of being thorough, however, I will still test some other primers and post the results. And yesterday when I wore Laura merciers regular foundation primer more than one person commented on me looking "just different somehow", so idk if that's good or bad, but apparently that primer stands out more than the others so far.

ladyjamire

I have tried so many high end primers and i honestly love the maybelline babyskin for my dry skin. I do love the lancome visionnaire blur aswell though.

I love the Hourglass veil and am also loving the BareMinerals BB Primer Cream Board Spectrum SPF 30. I find it as smooth and silky as the hourglass veil.

I also use the NARS Pro Prime Multi Protect Primer SPF30 Sunscreen/PA+++ as it has really good ingredients and sun protection, so I use it as a moisturizer is the warmer months, when my skin doesn't need as much hydration.

Has anyone tried this primer https://www.fragrancesandcosmetics....acing-multi-zones-base-colorless-hydra-filler ?

Sexy Sadie

I have used Face Finity by Max Factor the last months and I love it, a very affordable Le Blanc dupe.

Latest posts