Best MAC brown?

heavenlydemonik

There are a couple of these that definitely look really pretty on the site. But when I get paid I will definitely have to go to in a MAC store and try out allllll of these browns. Thanks everyone!

_Kaitie_

I really love Satin Taupe, Buckwheat and Twinks. Twinks is great if you love to wear purples, because I find you can pull an almost plummy colour out of it when blended with purples. Satin Taupe is great to work with, and Buckwheat is the king of all browns IMHO.

Satin Taupe! Satin Taupe! Satin Taupe!

Seriously, of all my hundreds of eyeshadows this one still remains to be my 'go to' colour. On those days I'm in a rush or just not feeling creative to play around with other shades I just throw a neutral highlight (like shroom) on the brow bone, Satin Taupe all over the lid and I'm good to go. I have yet to come across a person who this shadow doesn't look gorgeous on. It was one of my first MAC eyeshadows and I've used it so much that I think I'm on my thrid or fourth one now. It's got a nice sheen to it without being sparkly so it avoids that dirty or 'poo' look (which you can run into more with mattes). Go take a look and swatch a few in the store but I don't think you'd be at all disappointed with Satin Taupe.

P.S. Did I mention I just LOVE Satin Taupe? Haha, good luck with your quest.

MizzVivaGlam

Romp is my fave. It looks so good with a pale gold highlighter like Nylon or Gorgeous gold. It has beautiful gold shimmer in it.

Satin Taupe, Bronze, Tan pigment, Espresso, and Tempting are really nice too.

heavenlydemonik

So I got some browns and I made a look that I actually think is really pretty and wanted to share it.

100_1082.jpg

100_1083.jpg

I used Woodwinked on the lid and Twinks in the crease with a tiny bit of Beauty Marked to darken the outer V.

L1LMAMAJ

definitely soft brown and wedge. soft brown is a warm toned brown and wedge is a cool toned brown. they are very versatile and also are great for blending the highlight and crease color.
smiles.gif

i also love espresso, satin taupe (although when i blend too much, it turns ashy)

xphoenix06

I like Wedge, it's a great color for the crease, contour, and blending plus it's I think a matte type 1 finish. I really like to pair this with Warming Trend e/s (LE) and Blackberry e/s. Overall I think Wedge can go with just about any color.

Almond_Eyed

I use Espresso for my brows, but I sometimes I use it for a smoky look instead of using a black e/s. I also use it on my lid and blend Woodwinked on top =)

Another combo I like is Wedge and Quarry. Both are browns, but Quarry has a hint of a lavender colour. Very nice =)

<3