"Black Eyeliner Only"? Hmm...

ladyJ

I personally think that a dark eggplant purple color would look great on your skintone! Black is great, but it isn't the only color you can rock. You can use brown too.

X4biddenxLustX

I don't know what the MA was thinking when she said that
th_crazy2.gif
. She prob didn't have much experience with makeup when it comes to WOC.

I think if you can pull off any color of liner, then more power to ya!
th_DANCE.gif

I've tried some different color liners besides black and it always looked very off. It just never looked right on me even if I wear a black eyeliner that's not dark enough where it shows up as a greyish color. So I'll just stick to my graphblack technakhol which I've very happy with
smiles.gif

Curly1908

I disagree with the MUA. I use brown eyeliner when I want a subtle daytime look or I use it with black eyeliner to make my eyes look bigger. I also look fabulous in green/purple/teal eyeliner.

Try it!

Blushbaby

I have loads of coloured liners - pink, green. blue, gold and purple! She's prob a MA who slaps every black girl in Amber Lights, chestnut l/l and Oh Baby l/g!

Makeupaddict88

While I'm not a professional MUA, I would disagree. You should wear whatever you want. Granted, they probably know a little more than me but it's your face. They aren't going to be wearing it. You should wear whatever you feel like wearing, no matter the color.

perfecttenn

I wear several different colors of eyeliner. I've worn most recently blue, purple, green, brown, and black. I've even taken red and pink e/s and liner my eyes with it. Its all in how you pull it off, and often times you just have to go w/ makes you feel good and what looks good to you, instead of listening to other people. Never be too afraid to color outside the lines!

FlaLadyB

If I wore black eyeliner I'd look strange. Light strawberry blone and fair skin. Nothing else would be seen but BLACK EYELINER..instead of ME. I stick to dark brown, copper even, sometimes a purple or teal at the corners and even a deep tarnished green. I'm also not 25 anymore and my work requires I look professional...and my age. Black is a definate no no for me.