Blossom's Action Plan

islandblossom

4/25/06

I know I post a lot on here, especially with updates. But it really does help with keeping track of everything i eat and do.
lol.gif

B: Lean pocket & cup of coffee
S: cup of hot chocolate (it's FREEZING in my office)
L: banquet frozen dinner ~ 450 cals
S: cup of green tea

on a different note, I didn't go to the hip hop class yesterday because only 3 ppl attended and they all looked like "regulars". so i was too embarassed to go; instead, i went for 30 mins on the elliptical.

tonight, i'm going to try another hip hop class at a different studio and this time i'm bringing a friend for moral support.
wavey.gif

islandblossom

Yesterday I went to an actual cardio hip hop class and it was awesome! I learned a few new dance steps and got a kick ass cardio workout. I was sweating so much. Tonight I'll most likely head out to the gym though and do some strength resistance. been concentrating on cardio so much that i have to remember to lift s ome weights! =) plus tomorrow is my step class so that should be good.

current weight fluxates though from 128 to 130. still trying to get get down to 120.
winks.gif
wouldn't that be nice.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandblossom
that is INSANE. I just looked at Jack In the Box.... ughhhhh, no fast food anymore! thanks for the link. it's a real wake up call.

it's a HUGE wakeup call!!! Look at SONIC's stuff. Particularly their breakfast burrito. I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE them. THEN I found out what was in them. Oh dear God.

I love hip hop classes. I wonder if they're offered anywhere near me? hmmmmmm

You're doing great!

islandblossom

Thanks Shimmer! Comments always make me happy; it's nice to know that I'm involved in a community that is supportive and offers encouragement.

islandblossom

Frustration

Last night before I went to bed I felt so frustrated. I just really wanted to lose the weight right then and there but I knew it wasn't going to happen.
ssad.gif
It's going to take a while...a long time I'm sure.

Tonight I'm planning on going to my HABIT class (Hips, Abs, Buttocks, Inner Thighs). I'm usually burnt out and tired after taking that class but if I find the strength I just might go to a Beg/Int belly dancing class with my old belly dancing teacher. I really want to lose the belly bulge.
weeping.gif
Which btw, i took measurements at home and this is what they really are (I think the seamstress at the Bridal Shop rounded off or something)

B: 34 1/2
Over the belly button: 34
Hips: 38

Shimmer

Bridal shops round up for a lot of reasons, the main one is that when the dress gets there, it's easier to take it in than let it out. If a size is ordered too small, the shop is generally stuck with it and has to order another dress in the larger size (that was my experience anyway) so we always encouraged girls to get a bigger dress than they thought they would need, because they really never knew for sure how a dress would fit until it got there.
Hang in there you'll get it worked out hon!

islandblossom

Weighed in today at 130.5 lbs. =/

Overall summary of last wk's activity:
M: 1 hr cardio
T: 1 hr cardio hip hop
W: break
Th: 1 hr step aerobics and 1 hr belly dancing
F: Rest
Sat: Threw a champagne tasting party for the friends
Sun: 30 min. cardio and 30 min. weights

It seems that I need to put more effort in strength resistance training. I can plug that in on Wed/Fri/ or Saturdays. =) That'll be the goal this week.

I have to remember that my goal is 120.... this is my 2nd wk working out though and I haven't dropped any major lbs... =(

anyone have any other advice that I can implement in my workout plans? or if you have any constructive criticism that would be great too. thanks ladies.

islandblossom

I'm starting to get depressed

weeping.gif

i'm losing my motivation.

i don't know what i'm doing wrong.

i'm not losing weight but i'm not gaining weight either. my body just refuses to lose it.

B: protein shake & cofee
S: strawberries and a slice of of a cracker wrap made with roast beef
wrap.jpg

S: beef jerky about 70cals
L: 3 slices of a cracker wrap + 1 starbucks espresso shot (starbucks was about 170 cals)
Exercise: 30 minute lower body strength training and 30 minute upper body strength training
S: protein shake
D: broiled steak w/ protobello mushroom stir fry with red and yellow bell peppers

islandblossom

Yesterday's workout: 1 hr cardio hip hop

Today if I have enough strength and get all of my work done early I'm thinking 6pm Abs Blast and 7:45pm Belly Dancing.

B: Nature Valley Granola Bar & Starbucks Grande White Choc Mocha w/ Soy milk (my co-worker offered to buy)
S: strawberries
L: Hormel Chili

islandblossom

Yesterday I did 1 hr of Belly Dancing and this morning I weighed in at 129! I felt sooooooooooooo happy.

Plus I bought a new pair of jeans and dropped from a 31" waist to 29"! Yeah baby!

islandblossom

hahahaha, yeah. thanks for checking up on me and advising me to stay motivated.

dieters are soooooooooo annoying arent' they?. lol. sorry!

Shimmer

Not annoying at all.
You staying as motivated as you're staying is making me get off my duff, take myself into the garage, and utilize the gym.
smiles.gif

islandblossom

Other good news, i noticed that my fave pair of 7 jeans were feeling a lil' loose on me so i decided to go ahead and take it in for alterations. the guy said that he would have to take 2 inches off of the waist in order to get the jeans to fit me again properly. how exciting!!!!

Plus, today I completed a 3K Walk for Hope to cure breast cancer. it was very exhilirating. i'm looking forward to doing another one this year. maybe the aids walk.
smiles.gif

islandblossom

5/08/06

B: coffee & a glass of lactaid milk 2 biscuits (leftovers from yesterday)
S: edamame 3 servings (about 360 cals)
S: 21 pcs of almonds

islandblossom

5/9/06
B: espresso + 2 string cheese + 1 brown rice cake
S: handful of almonds
S: orange + rasberry coffee w/ splenda
S: 1 pkg of edamame ("soy bean" beans, hahha)

Exercise tonight: 1 hr cardio hip hop

kaliraksha

Yay under goal weight! What do you do for belly dancing? I use to take classes 3 times a week and I moved to Austin and I can't find either somewhere good or affordable... because at 2 classes a week thats 30 bucks for me... as opposed to a month long gym membership at the same price... arr. Any good video suggestions? Bridal fitting? Are you getting married? =)

Congrats on it all! I actually really like eating well... it makes me feel good about everything else like I do have control over my life and I don't feel as sick or crabby. Keep posting so you can keep motivating us!

islandblossom

Aww thanks Kaliraskah!

First, I go to two belly dancing classes a wk but they're only $8 a class. I don't really do belly dancing videos but if I come across any, i'll let you know.

Second, the bridal fitting was for my best friend's wedding on june 24th. so i'm trying to get fit for that day. there's gonna be a lot of pics! hahah.

And last, my fiance and I are getting married next year so that's gonna be exciting too. Hope you find the right video or a new gym that offers BD classes.
smiles.gif