Blue Notes de Chanel aka Blue Rhythm Collection

elegant-one

Yes! I use le volume over the Dior diorshow maximizer lash plumping serum and have no problem with flaking even after 12+ hours of wear. I usually do a coat of the dior then immediately follow with le volume. Just a warning: It is a very dramatic look if you have long full lashes. I love that its not just a normal lash primer but also nourishes. I wore permanent false lashes for 3 years that really damaged my natural lash bed. (Super scary!) Using the serum underneath my mascara and being really gentle with makeup removal has done wonders to help them regrow and be stronger. Using this combo allows my lashes to look long and full with minimal effort. I wish you the best in finding a primer to help with the flaking!
I agree! I also use & love the Dior serum.

Welcome!

JerseyGirl

Melody and the Blue Night mascara arrived today!! I know what I'm wearing tomorrow...(at least for make-up.)

ok, I don't like the brush.. :-( 
I am not a huge fan of the brush either. Try using a pencil or stylo liner in a similar color first, then apply it on top. I wore mine today for the first time and found it much easier to control that way. I used a black stylo first and loved the effect. I'm going to try it with a blue stylo liner tomorrow. The color and effect are so pretty I am determined to make the brush work for me. Ooh! Also, I must share that it looks SO pretty with Dream Blue ligne as a thick winged liner on top lid and then using Ardent stylo liner from the fall 2015 collection (coppery-bronzy color) on bottom water/lash line. A fab combo of colors for my brown eyes. I applied melody ido velvet to my entire lid and it was a perfectly polished day look.

Medgal07

I even handed him Melody so I don't know what he was smoking. Oh well, I hope I don't run out of eye shadow before I make it back to the mall for an exchange.
Oh that's awful. I take it by now that you're making/made a trip back to the mall. He probably wanted Melody for himself!!!
icon_eek.gif

Psych1

[COLOR=0000FF]  Oh that's awful.  I take it by now that you're making/made a trip back to the mall.  He probably wanted Melody for himself!!![/COLOR]:shock:  
LOLLL I can't stop laughing. He totally did! I now I have beautiful Melody in my hands, he wasn't able to keep her from me! My husband had a few errands to run so he offered to do the exchange for me. I wasn't in the mood for another trip to the mall

JerseyGirl

LOLLL I can't stop laughing. He totally did! I now I have beautiful Melody in my hands, he wasn't able to keep her from me! My husband had a few errands to run so he offered to do the exchange for me. I wasn't in the mood for another trip to the mall
That's a nice hubby. Good man!

Prettypackages

Wow! I can only imagine!

I'm wearing Vibrato-----loving it and I don't want to take it off but what I'm wearing tomorrow dictates it. I've never had staining of any kind w/Chanel Blues/Blacks
so I hope I share your stainless nail experience!

cheerleader.gif

That's good P1

That was quick. What do you dislike about it? Maybe give it a minute and you'll get used to it.

I don't like the brush b/c it doesn't come to a pointed tip, mine splays out. It is also too flexible. I think I'll just use a brush like the 209, or 266 with it.

Medgal07

that sounds very pretty!

welcome!

I don't like the brush b/c it doesn't come to a pointed tip, mine splays out. It is also too flexible. I think I'll just use a brush like the 209, or 266 with it.
That's not right!!! It shouldn't do that Pretty. Mine comes to a perfect point. I like how bright the blue is initially but it dries to a deep navy--almost black. I like it though!!!!

Haven

Purchased fortissimo, melody, and the two quads. I absolutely love the Ido! Haven't tried the other products yet.

iLoveBees

Hey everyone! I purchased melody. I absolutely love it. It's the perfect neutral base. And it looks so good with the blue mascara and TF AW/15 eye shadow. I tried to take swatch pics but there was no point. I think it's already been mentioned that it looks so much darker I'm the pot than it goes on.

urbis

did any onea of you lovely girls buy the blue eye liner?I'm curious to hear what you think about it. Personally, I didn't like it at all, too liquid , you can't "work" the line propoperly and the colours isn't that gorgeus electric blue showed in the promo pic

MakeupAli

did any onea of you lovely girls buy the blue eye liner?I'm curious to hear what you think about it. Personally, I didn't like it at all, too liquid , you can't "work" the line propoperly and the colours isn't that gorgeus electric blue showed in the promo pic
I have it and it's not the best liner brush for sure, as people have mentioned. Am debating whether I keep or return the backup I got but so far am keeping it. With the exception of the TF liner, I mostly prefer gel liners, yeux stylos or eye shadow. YSL used to make an excellent gel liner and they had a navy color but that has been discontinued.

For my purposes, I do a very tight line (no wing) on the upper lash, and the Chanel works. The navy color is a classic cool neutral and a nice change from black to mix things up in more staid work environments. For more of an electric blue, I have a MAC fluidline, Royal Wink. For me, in both the liner, the mascara, and the np fortissimo, Chanel really hit it on a navy shade that surprisingly I'm not finding to be that dupe-able. This is due to makeup trends, I guess. But I feel this collection indicates that people are ready for a return to blue on the eyes.

That being said, if you find it too blah for your desired look, I can certainly understand that and the consistency isn't ideal though it does wear well.