• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

blue reflection woc

milamonster

what we're going for...

100_8553.jpg

100_8552.jpg

I will show you how I got there, one step at a time
winks.gif

100_8383.jpg

start with no makeup on. just a clean, moisturized face, and add vaseline (or whatever else to moisturize your lips)

udppnprepnprime.jpg

add prep&prime and udpp

okay...let's get goin!

100_8386.jpg

100_8391.jpg

take bamboom paint and apply with brush or fingers. I used both. The second picture is the result.

100_8393.jpg

this is what we're working with...
wild and crazy's sea legend, ocean blue from nixie,and some random blue from nixie. I got this pallete from mzreyes so I have no clue what this color is! but i love it
yahoo.gif

100_8396.jpg

start with the sea legend. apply to inner corners. And so you know, I soppy am ridiculously sloppy!!! Clean up as you go or later...

100_8397.jpg

take your nixie color. It has a neat sifter so you won't spil all over if you're clumsy.
100_8397.jpg

go ahead and put some on your brush.
100_8400.jpg

100_8405.jpg

I pack it on and kind of brush it. We're aiming to cover from where we stopped with the wild &crazy to almost the end. maybe 3/4?
100_8410.jpg

you'll end up with something like this more or less

100_8422.jpg

grab the mystery color and pack it on . I used a mary kay signature brush. i have had these for such a long time and i love em!
Oh and don't forget to blend as you go guys!! and blend at the end for good measure =)

100_8423.jpg

100_8424.jpg

100_8432.jpg

end result

oh yeh and we're creating a shape that kind of follows the brow, and it doesn't go that high up. but feel free to alter this to your liking

winkiss.gif

100_8443.jpg

ok, now lets redo the inner color just for good measure

hightligh.jpg

highlight.jpg

i am now going to add a highlight. this is vue by lancome

100_8450.jpg

okay, so let's line the bottom with some of the nixie mystery color. I dipped my brush in a bit of water first. I pushed around the color because I didn't want to dip it in the actual eyeshadow

connect.jpg

apply to lower lid.

but i think it's...
time to clean up !!
recmove.jpg

i got these from the 99 cent store. they work pretty well actually!
leanup.jpg

start cleaning!! notice how i got the mystery blue ALL over my nose lol

okay, let's move on!

100_8481.jpg

100_8482.jpg

I then traced the waterline with a torquoise eyeliner from makeup forever.

applyingliquid.jpg

i wanted to use blue chrome from mark by avon on the upper lid
finaleyeliner.jpg

now we have this

100_8495.jpg

100_8497.jpg

okay, so now add the scandalash mascara in black from mark by avon

done with eyes, it's time for the face!

100_8507.jpg

take nixie foundation & smear all over with this mac foundation brush

100_8512.jpg

100_8513.jpg

take a smaller brush and use around eyes, mouth and on darker spots. I got this one at target
100_8513.jpg

100_8518.jpg

i left my other powder in my purse so i used Mary Kay's loose powder in bronze 1. I actually really love their face makeup and other stuff

100_8520.jpg

100_8521.jpg

start buffing it in , i used a mary kay powder brush

100_8522.jpg

BLUSHES!
orgasm at top (use this as a highlight), rimmel berry onleft and on the right is mac's fever
100_8524.jpg

start applying under your cheekbone. Now you might not want to add so much as I did. I am in poor lighting nad it didn't look like much but now seeing these, it is lol.

100_8525.jpg

see what i mean...

100_8535.jpg

take berry and apply to cheeks and whereever else

100_8539.jpg

take your highlight and add to nose higher on the cheekbones, etc. Like I said, this is a lot, but it's okay, because we're going to buff it .

100_8541.jpg

take sephora's blush brush and buff. I "moved" the product up.

1w00_8383.jpg

I do my brows last . I use a combo of benefit's brow zings and lancome's couture shadow. I use a mary kay brow brush

100_8544.jpg

we end up with this .

100_8546.jpg

now brush with the other side of the brush to blend more and make it less dark

LIPS time!
I chose this color from smashbox i got in a costco set

100_8548.jpg

100_8549.jpg

we're using the color on the left. It appears to be a nude color though in these pictures it's showing up as pinkish. I put a bit of the color on the right on as well. IRL it is whitegoldish.

100_8550.jpg

100_8551.jpg

it came with a brush but it's too big so use your fingers or another brush if you like

VOILA WE'RE DONE.

100_8552.jpg

SMILE AND LOOK ALIVE (incubus anyone???)

100_8554.jpg

100_8557.jpg

SweetSimplicity

You look like HEAVEN! Great tutorial! I must, must, must
try this look, now! It's delicious! And, that blue is just
stunning on you! Thanks so much for sharing!!
smiles.gif

AppleDiva

Damn girl, this is the HOTNESS!! The entire look is awesome!! Your liner is always perfect.
clap.gif
clap.gif
I love that you are not afraid of color!!!
yahoo.gif

milamonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDiva
Damn girl, this is the HOTNESS!! The entire look is awesome!! Your liner is always perfect.
clap.gif
clap.gif
I love that you are not afraid of color!!!
yahoo.gif

aww thanks Diva!!

milamonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by solardame
I really like this look! That blue is insane! I would love to know which shade it is.

i would love to know too. I think imma take the pallete to the nixie shop and ask them. if you look on their website, you might be able to narrow it down

edit...i just looked . It looks like either electric blue or azure

Welcome to Nixie Cosmetics

milamonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukiyomi
Thank you for the AWESOME tutorial! You rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solardame
Thanks for the link!

thanks myspace love =)