Brown Eyeliner on WOC Skintones

luvsic

Ok everyone, I have very sad news...

so today i photographed myself to see how the liner would come out, and I literally looked DEAD. ZOMBIE DEAD...more like, zombie come to life =/ I knew this was too good to be true. However, I am not going to give up on finding the perfect shade. I am thinking of just scheduling a makeup session with someone from Sephora to get a match. This just goes to show I need to go darker brown in order for it to look natural yet still alive.

Again, I am not sure how this would look with black eyelashes though, because my lashes are naturally black but very sparse. I just use falsies (ardell 109s) because they are relatively natural, but I'm not sure how those two would blend together (brown liner with black lashes?) or I might just do naked lashes with brown liner, or get brown-black mascara...i'm not sure. Any advice?

luvsic

Yesterday I got ALMAY CRAYON CONTOUR EYELINER in BROWN-BLACK and IT IS MY HG EYELINER =OOO!! I swear this stuff is amazing...it sticks completely and it's the perfect shade of brown that doesn't make me look washed out or like a vampire!
yahoo.gif
I'M ECSTATIC!!

now all I need is a tan and i'll be the happiest person in the world lol

cocodivatime

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAChostage
I love the color and consistency of that pencil, but that bad boy smudges like CRAZY!

Exactly. When I put this on its gone in an hour. So sad

AdrianUT

I'm a C7 I use dark brown liquid liner for more natural looks. I can do a thick line, thin line or tightline with it. It doesn't really clash with my lashes or black mascara. My lashes are on the sparse side,stick straight and point down :-( but, brown gives them a little presence without being as noticable as black.

RedRibbon

Brown doesn't show up on my eyelids as they are darker than my skin so I have to put on a base shadow if I want it to show. Luckily though, black doesn't look too harsh on me so I use that most of the time. I think I may sell my brown Bobbi Brown gel liner as I don't really use it.

mscoco

Urban decay do a great brown called corrupt its in th 24/7 gift set but its a limited colour and they dont do it alone.

elektra513

I have dark brown, almost black hair and very dark thick eyebrows and large eyes. While I prefer black liner 98% of the time, sometimes I do very light or neutral looks that look crazy with black liner, so I will use Photogravure technakohl instead. Darker than Brownborder (which I don't use often at all), but still brown. Also, for work, I will use it on the waterline (almost daily) to balance out my eye shape when wearing creamy black kohl types of liners on top (like UD Zero or Graphblack).

BeautyByLele

I'm thinking about purchasing a brown eyeliner pencil.... What do u guys think about whiskey by UD or Burbon by UD?? Any other suggestions?

MissTT

iagree.gif
Whiskey is my HG brown eyeliner. I am C7/NC44 and I wear brown liner every day for work. I wear black when I'm going out.

Is Urban Decay selling Whiskey right now because I really need it?

PrettyGirlDoc

:agree:  Whiskey is my HG brown eyeliner. I am C7/NC44 and I wear brown liner every day for work. I wear black when I'm going out. Is Urban Decay selling Whiskey right now because I really need it?
I got in the roller girl pallete. I haven't seen it sold separately. I say booooooooooo to that.

MissTT

You ladies need to try a brown that's almost black. I've found those are the ones that work. I think years ago I used L'Oreal Le Grand Kohl in Cafe, but Whiskey is really the shizz for me.