Burberry Beauty

sugarberry

Is there a trench eyeshadow equivalent in the new formula? I need to hunt down a couple of trench bu's if there is nothing comparable.
I was told Stone is the exact same shade just renamed. I did swatch it. On my skin, it looks the same when blended out, but I thought the initial swatch was a tiny bit more yellow. My store has terrible lighting, though! The SA assured it was exactly the same.

summerxskin

Does anyone know if the rain or shine blush is going to be only on burberry.com?
The Burberry counter manager at my work told me that Nordstrom expects it later this month in stores. She said as early as late this week but probably the one after. We have a display with it a picture of it featured that came in this past week so we're prepping for it the release it looks like.

throwitawaynow

1497c9df_20150213_173457.jpeg
83a5d7ea_20150213_173259.jpeg
My new Burberry case! It fits all my singles and quads really nicely. Plus there is room for growth! My blushes and highlighters still live in my Muji drawer, though.
I love the case! Where did you get it?

eepeepburrah

I love the case! Where did you get it?
I searched "Burberry box" on Poshmark, which is like a second hand site, and found it! I remember seeing pictures of it from like 2-3 years ago as a gift with purchase from Saks, so when I saw it I jumped on it. I originally was just looking for a gift box, but when I saw it I about died. Its super sturdy, and its like the perfect size. So now I have a designated spot for my shadows!

eepeepburrah

I was told Stone is the exact same shade just renamed. I did swatch it. On my skin, it looks the same when blended out, but I thought the initial swatch was a tiny bit more yellow. My store has terrible lighting, though! The SA assured it was exactly the same.
I feel like I would need to see it in person to believe them. I just don't understand why they had to get rid of the Sheer Eyeshadow formula. It kinda ruined my whole plan to slowly accumulate all of the shadows. Now I'm stuck scrounging the internet for the ones I don't have lol. I have a problem...

sugarberry

I feel like I would need to see it in person to believe them. I just don't understand why they had to get rid of the Sheer Eyeshadow formula. It kinda ruined my whole plan to slowly accumulate all of the shadows. Now I'm stuck scrounging the internet for the ones I don't have lol. I have a problem...
Ladies (and gents) I have some sad news. I was at another Nordstrom chatting to a counter manager, and she told me that the colours aren't really the same and if you are used to the original shadows, you will notice the difference. They try not to tell their clients the colours are the same. She said Stone is similar enough that many won't notice, but shades like Rosewood and Storm Grey are definitely different. My sister was with me and confirmed that the new Rosewood was definitely more plum taupe than what she has at home. Also, the S.A. said that despite being wet-dry formulas, she doesn't recommend doing it too often because it does harden the surface of the shadows. If you must, then designate a corner of your pan for it. Isn't that interesting and just bizarre?!

BandNerdChic

Holy sweet gorgeousness. I bought Rosewood and wore it today.....I think a new obsession may have been born....what should be next? Pale barley?

eepeepburrah

Holy sweet gorgeousness. I bought Rosewood and wore it today.....I think a new obsession may have been born....what should be next? Pale barley?
New formula or old? I can't speak for the new formula yet, but the old formula of Rosewood and Pale Barley are Holy Grail status in my opinion. I have a backup of the old formula Pale Barley and when I get paid again I am going to get a backup of the old Rosewood... Rosewood was actually my first Burberry shadow, along with Mulberry.

Medgal07

New formula or old? I can't speak for the new formula yet, but the old formula of Rosewood and Pale Barley are Holy Grail status in my opinion. I have a backup of the old formula Pale Barley and when I get paid again I am going to get a backup of the old Rosewood... Rosewood was actually my first Burberry shadow, along with Mulberry.
Pale barley is my one and only Burberry single eyeshadows and I love it. I love it but I'm just not in to singles, per sé. I guess I'm lazy--it's so much easier for me to
reach for a palette. I happen to love my Burberry Gold holiday 2014 e/s palette.

aurescent

I'm hoping to track down a few of the Sheer formulas before they disappear forever. Which ones are must-haves? Pale Barley for sure, but I'm on the fence about Midnight Brown and Almond. Thoughts on those?

sugarberry

I just don't get the hype about Pale Barley. It must be my skintone. It's a light colour that does show up on my fair olive skin, but it doesn't really do anything for my eyes. It just looks like a cool beige-ish taupe with some golden sheen. It's not particularly brightening nor does it define. I knew prior to purchasing it that it would be a pale natural colour, but it's like the epitome of natural on my complexion. The shimmer/sheen in bathroom lighting is pretty, though.

Thoughts? Should I apply it wet? How are you all wearing it?

eepeepburrah

I just don't get the hype about Pale Barley. It must be my skintone. It's a light colour that does show up on my fair olive skin, but it doesn't really do anything for my eyes. It just looks like a cool beige-ish taupe with some golden sheen. It's not particularly brightening nor does it define. I knew prior to purchasing it that it would be a pale natural colour, but it's like the epitome of natural on my complexion. The shimmer/sheen in bathroom lighting is pretty, though.

I find that if I put it over a colored primer or a cream eyeshadow that it completely transforms a what is normally a really pretty neutral taupe/gold into something completely different. I really like putting it over something with a purple or burgundy tone to it, such as the Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Amethyst. Also, putting it over something with a green/olive tone to it makes it really pop. For reference, I am more of a NW20 with a neutral undertone.

Medgal07

Obviously, one size doesn't fit all
girlhaha.gif
It's to bad that Pale Barley didn't work for you. It's my sort of go-to lid color that I pair with a warm brown(i.e. NARS Galapagos),

etc to wear with any color lip. It stays in the background and allows a bright lip to stand out. It also makes a good back drop for winged eyeliner & a red lip. I've never
tried it wet though.

eepeepburrah

I'm hoping to track down a few of the Sheer formulas before they disappear forever. Which ones are must-haves? Pale Barley for sure, but I'm on the fence about Midnight Brown and Almond. Thoughts on those?
I recommend Almond, Midnight Brown, Rosewood, Mulberry, and/or Antique Rose. They are just beautiful neutrals that you can't go wrong with. I reeeeallly like Pearl Grey and Storm Grey as well.

eepeepburrah

de86a9b7_20150217_204352.jpeg
Just a pic of different ways I like to layer Pale Barley. Far right is Pale Barley in its own. The middle is Pale Barley over LM Amethyst. Far left is Pale Barley over Tarte Emphas-eyes in Olive green(I think, there is no name on the packaging?)

sugarberry

Obviously, one size doesn't fit all
girlhaha.gif
It's to bad that Pale Barley didn't work for you. It's my sort of go-to lid color that I pair with a warm brown(i.e. NARS Galapagos),

etc to wear with any color lip. It stays in the background and allows a bright lip to stand out. It also makes a good back drop for winged eyeliner & a red lip. I've never
tried it wet though.
I want it to work for me. LOL! It's not that it doesn't, it's just not as stunning as it is for others. I do think it looks great paired with winged liner, though. Maybe I just have too many eyeshadow colors now that it's hard to find unique ones.

Quote: Originally Posted by eepeepburrah

Just a pic of different ways I like to layer Pale Barley. Far right is Pale Barley in its own. The middle is Pale Barley over LM Amethyst. Far left is Pale Barley over Tarte Emphas-eyes in Olive green(I think, there is no name on the packaging?)
Oh wow, it completely changed the colour of Amethyst! Pale Barley alone looks similar on your skin as it does on mine but mine pulls a little cooler. I think that's why I don't get as much nuanced tones as others do. I'm a funky skin colour, I truly am.
girlhaha.gif

aurescent

I find that if I put it over a colored primer or a cream eyeshadow that it completely transforms a what is normally a really pretty neutral taupe/gold into something completely different. I really like putting it over something with a purple or burgundy tone to it, such as the Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Amethyst. Also, putting it over something with a green/olive tone to it makes it really pop. For reference, I am more of a NW20 with a neutral undertone.
Layering Pale Barley over LM Amethyst is such a good idea!