Burberry Beauty

Sandalskt

I wore pale barley for the first time today and love it! Now just biding my time for the gold palette to arrive.

awickedshape

LOL ...    Are netaporter prices higher than normal.  LOL OK OK OK , I hear you.  *mumbling to myself* enablers making me buy everything.  ETA: IT's nude glow right?  Was the formula changed as well? It's still on Nordies. 
  [COLOR=0000FF]Pretty I was referring to the holiday 2014 palette Burberry Gold # 25.[/COLOR]
[@]Prettypackages[/@], I have no reason to think so. I only paid retail for the palette and US shipping was free. No sales tax to FL then, too.

Sandalskt

[COLOR=0000FF]   I have and adore the Gold palette from holiday 2014 but I've lusted after the Rose Pink palette for months now and just decided to bite that bullet today.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   While doing so, I happened upon the Dark Spice palette---I think that needs to go on my list as well!!![/COLOR]
You will have to tell us how you like the rose pink palette!

Bronwyn

So not sure why, but they sent me the wet and dry silk version of pale barley. Oh well, they must've sold out of the old version or mislabelled it on the website.

dstroyedangel

That's so frustrating :/ I wonder if brown sable and that rose color will come correctly - they have no shade match in the new collection ....

dstroyedangel

Hmmm I hope you're right ! Btw don't feel bad about the new pale barley - I recall the new version being more opaque and pigmented than the older version- so if you apply it with a lighter hand you'll capture the nuances in the older version because it was more powder based if that makes sense - also mac's patina is somewhat similar if I'm not mistaken . Pale barley is one of those chameleon shades it looks very different on everyone .

Sandalskt

I think it'll probs be the old one. Though I'm pretty sure tea rose has a new version too
That is weird about sending the new formula. I bought my old version off ebay and I guess I got lucky because it was the regular price. Sometimes people price gouge because they can. I saw on youtube that the new pale barley was awesome just a teeny bit off on color.

VAL4M

Ugh! So sorry about the ridiculous shipping charges. Do you have any friends in the US who can ship some items to you? I sent a package to a friend in Eastern Canada (I'm three hours from BC) and it was a whopping $9.
Nope, but that ok, I just think twice before ordering something and it is better for my wallet. LOL

Bronwyn

That is weird about sending the new formula. I bought my old version off ebay and I guess I got lucky because it was the regular price. Sometimes people price gouge because they can. I saw on youtube that the new pale barley was awesome just a teeny bit off on color.
Yeah, I emailed as to ask if it was all they had in stock or if they made a mistake. Yeah, it's really annoying that netaporter does that. Glad it's similar. It's been surprisingly hard finding comparison swatches.

Sandalskt

That's good to know it can create a similar effect. Yeah, whenever a company has a cult eyeshadow, it seems to be a looks different on everyone and probs is some variation on taupe. I love the packaging. It feels so hefty. This is the first of two eyeshadow singles I now own as I've always just bought palettes. This feels worth it. The le metier de beaute shadow I bought is like nars packaging but nicer.  Yeah, I emailed as to ask if it was all they had in stock or if they made a mistake. Yeah, it's really annoying that netaporter does that. Glad it's similar. It's been surprisingly hard finding comparison swatches. 
Check out on youtube megsmakeup8 she has a video showing swatches of both new and old pale barley.

Prettypackages

Pretty I was referring to the holiday 2014 palette Burberry Gold # 25.
Thanks for clarifying.
I think I'm going to get it. *bites nails* not sure why I"m so nervous.
I missed pale barley on the netaporter site. Ah well, I'll just get the new one. Is there a nomenclature difference btwn old and new? Or do they both say wet/dry silk shadows?

Vineetha

*fist pump* YES! I'm an enabler!!!   Thanks for clarifying.  I think I'm going to get it.  *bites nails* not sure why I"m so nervous.  I missed pale barley on the netaporter site.  Ah well, I'll just get the new one.  Is there a nomenclature difference btwn old and new? Or do they both say wet/dry silk shadows? 
:lol: well done!! :bigthumb:

juujubes

Hello ladies! For all the Canadians out there, Burberry Beauty is now on thebay.com!! They have pretty much the whole range, they have added more within the past couple of days! :).

Sandalskt

The Beautyprofessor.net has some great swatches of the new eyeshadow formula. The new glow formula is really pretty too.

Medgal07

lol.gif
well done!!
thmbup.gif
blah.gif